25th Annual Imagen Awards – America Ferrera In Malandrino

Woot woot.

Let’s rejoice in the fact that for the first time in a long while, America Ferrera is not wearing black.

The former “Ugly Betty” actress usually stick to her red carpet staple of wearing a LBDs, but she arrived at the 25th Annual Imagen Awards in LA yesterday wearing a beautiful Malandrino Resort 2010 jade dress.

Her Malandrino Resort 2010 dress with draped skirt and ruffled shoulders was even more surprisingly paired with ruby red peep-toes which matched her bold lipstick.

The colour is to die for and I love how the dress nips in her waist.

You may remember that Beyonce wore this same dress to the Billboard’s 4th Annual Women In Music Awards last year.

Do you love that America stepped out of her comfort zone or would you prefer a return to classic black?

Credit: Style.com & Rex

"Apollo In The Hamptons At The Creeks" - Mary J Blige In Alexander McQueen

“Apollo In The Hamptons At The Creeks” – Mary J Blige In Alexander McQueen

Mary-Kate Olsen For Marie Claire US September 2010

Mary-Kate Olsen For Marie Claire US September 2010

28 Responses to 25th Annual Imagen Awards – America Ferrera In Malandrino

1. Terry August 16, 2010 at 16:12 #

Beautiful! Love her womanly body and the way in which this pastel colours compliments her complexion. Oh, and I also like the contrasting shoes. Very nice outfit indeed!

2. ZzaRaZza August 16, 2010 at 16:18 #

Love it on her and adore the shoe choice. Great look, both on her and Beyonce. I’m again surprised how nice the draped skirt looks on girls who have hips.

3. Z Fashion Blog August 16, 2010 at 16:19 #

I love it when stars try something new instead of wearing the same old things over and over.

I also like how she wore red shoes with this dress.

I don’t think she looks great in the dress but I appreciate her sense of fashion.

I know, I’m not easy to please ;-)

4. Elise August 16, 2010 at 16:22 #

I really love this look, the red lipstick and the shoes look amazing with the dress

5. Ally August 16, 2010 at 16:25 #

I think she looks awesome and I love that she went for a red shoe instead of the safe black. My one tiny complaint is that I would have shortened it just a little b/c I don’t think where the hem falls is as flattering as it could be.

6. Lee Ann August 16, 2010 at 16:26 #

Woo hoo.I love this eau de nil dress but prefer it on the model as somehow the detailing looks different on America. I also think the added bulk of pockets on the hips on someonevwho already has hips . Beautiful colour but very wrong shape for her.

• Lee Ann August 16, 2010 at 16:29 #

Sorry getting used to iPad and sent by mistake. What I meant to say was the added bulk of pockets on hips on someone who has hips isn’t the most flattering of design concepts.

• molly August 16, 2010 at 18:06 #

I also agree. It makes her hips look much larger than they are. I could see her wearing this if she had no hips, but since she does, she should highlight them, not emphasize. Great color though.

• mm August 16, 2010 at 16:31 #

I agree i think the pockets add bulk to her hips. I love the color and shoe choice!

7. WendyB August 16, 2010 at 16:35 #

The red shoe is a great choice! I would never think of that.

8. zoe August 16, 2010 at 16:49 #

america looks stunning here! i can’t stop staring! :)

9. JustLookingUK August 16, 2010 at 17:06 #

Absolutely applaud her for trying some colour but this is a little wishy washy on her and the cut doesn’t sit at all well on her hips. The top half, however, is extremely flattering and if the skirt had, had a straightforward pencil cut, it could have looked a whole lot better. Props for the pop of red in the shoes and lips although personally I think she needed slightly less delicate shoes to balance everything out. Full marks for the cleavage though!

10. leah August 16, 2010 at 17:13 #

I hate to say this, but i almost prefer her in darker colors! I think they look fabulous against her skin, and the simpler colors make her natural beauty shine more. She also consistently picks lovely dark colored dresses, that are normally not very boring.
    Just an opinion :)

• Mol August 16, 2010 at 17:35 #

Yes, I agree, the richer toned colors (jewel tones, lush burgundy etc) look great on her, somehow i feel this pale watery color works against her, although i do love how she styled it.

11. Ismael Pecero August 16, 2010 at 18:14 #

I looove everything about her look. One of her first movies is ”Real Women Have Curves”. And girl… Yes, they do.

12. Jennesia August 16, 2010 at 19:02 #

She looks gorgeous would have never thought too put those colours together but I love it!

13. Idealist August 16, 2010 at 19:05 #

I LOVE this look & the pop of color from from the shoe. I love when shoe choices are an unexpected surprise. I also hav 2 disagree w/ sum of u guys, I like the shape this dress givs her. As a woman from the south, a woman w/ curves has got it goin on! the cinch’d in waist defines her figure. I think she looks great! #werk

14. Marvel August 16, 2010 at 20:07 #

I like the fact that she steeped outside the box but the dress is not flattering at all. Beyonce wore it a hell of a lot better and I still cant believe its the same dress.

15. moja31 August 16, 2010 at 21:51 #

i love the dress, but not at all on her; it’s making her look short & squat even though she’s wearing heels. it’s nice to see her in color, but this kind of washes her out; her skin tone is made for jewel tones. i do love her shoes though.

16. Amy August 17, 2010 at 00:05 #

I like it all on her, even the fit. Especially the red shoes.

17. Jen August 17, 2010 at 03:03 #

what a great shoe choice! I love the details and colour of this dress.

18. mochababe73 August 17, 2010 at 03:30 #

I love the dress and the color but not on America. From the waist down, the garment makes her hips look square.
    Love the matching lipstick and shoes.

19. crazyme97 August 17, 2010 at 05:11 #

Beyonce wore this dress at the Billboard Magazine’s Woman of the Year Awards. N she looks more stunning the ferrera.

20. kiwi August 17, 2010 at 06:52 #

I love the dress and the styling.. she carries it off really well. the colour is great and looks good on her

21. Carol August 17, 2010 at 08:04 #

The fact that she pulled her hair back in a simple ponytail really makes it for me. It’s something so small and often overlooked but I love how she did because you really appreciate the detail on the dress. Winner.

22. Ayesha August 19, 2010 at 12:37 #

i’m really not sure about the red shoes…….

23. lou August 19, 2010 at 23:36 #

Fantastic-rather this than the black any day

24. Mai August 20, 2010 at 00:04 #

She looks beautiful! The shoes give a great pop of color