Runway To Sidewalk – Rihanna In Stella McCartney

Like most girls Rihanna loves Stella McCartney.

Stella always creates the perfect mix of girlie dresses and menswear inspired pieces.

Yesterday I did a post on Rihanna wearing a nude menswear inspired Stella McCartney cashmere blazer from the Pre-Fall 2010 collection.

Last night Rihanna attended her tour after-party at Greenhouse in New York wearing a sophisticated Stella McCartney lace dress which is also from the Pre-Fall 2010 collection.

I absolutely love this look and will definitely adding it to the BDOTW poll.

The Stella McCartney sleeveless lace dress is the epitome of timeless elegance.

Rihanna usually goes for an ‘edgy’ look so I didn’t know she could do elegant.

It would be quite difficult to wear a bra with this dress because of the lace panels.

I don’t believe Rihanna is wearing one, so lets hope she at least opted for nipple covers. I don’t want her to make me eat my words about this look being elegant.

This is only the second time I loved a Rihanna look with that red hair. The first time was when she wore a D&G polka dot jumpsuit.

Do you love this look as much as I do?

Christian Louboutin black patent pigalle heels complete the look.

[nggallery id=634]

Credit: Style.com, Fame Pictures & INFDaily

Kerry Washington In Parker - 'Day of Indulgence' Event

Kerry Washington In Parker – ‘Day of Indulgence’ Event

Runway To Sidewalk - Kim Kardashian In Diane von Furstenberg

Runway To Sidewalk – Kim Kardashian In Diane von Furstenberg

27 Responses to Runway To Sidewalk – Rihanna In Stella McCartney

1. Lara August 13, 2010 at 16:19 #

From the neckdown it’s perfect. But awful hair

2. Lisa August 13, 2010 at 16:48 #

She looks so gorgeous!! I hated the red hair at first but its really grown on me.

3. dressaddict August 13, 2010 at 16:48 #

She has no nipple covers:) But she looks fine, though :)

• Sabrina August 14, 2010 at 10:49 #

No she doesn’t indeed, you can see her nip-piercing as well :p

4. mochababe73 August 13, 2010 at 16:50 #

Her hair is too heavy for me. She’s Rihanna so I get the color.
    I am not a fan of Stella McCartney. So the dress is not really doing anything for me.

5. justme August 13, 2010 at 17:03 #

I like the new haircut better but that dress does nothing for her and me lol.
    And as a French speaker, that neck tattoo is making me weep, smh.

• Fashion Critic August 13, 2010 at 17:04 #

I read somewhere that tattoo is incorrectly spelt or the grammar is incorrect.

• Brooke August 13, 2010 at 17:13 #

the grammar is bad – in many romance languages, the adjective follows the noun.

I can’t even paint my nails red bc it’s so hard to match; I imagine it is near impossible to match that haircolor to an outfit, but solid black works.

Love the shoes but they seems to fit her feet a bit strangely – normally with the Pigalles the inner vamp cuts closer to the toe and shows more of the ball of the foot and less of the outer toes.

• justme August 13, 2010 at 17:36 #

Bad grammar. If she meant “rebellious flower”, it should be “fleur rebelle”. If she wanted “flowered rebel”, it should say “rebelle fleurie”.
        And if (like she’s claiming now after the backlash), it’s just 2 juxtaposed nouns, well a comma is missing lol.

• Terry August 14, 2010 at 21:20 #

When I first saw the new tattoo, I really liked it. But now it comes out it’s not correct from a grammar point of view. God, I’d hate to have a mispelt or wrong sentence tattooed on me (poor Hayden Panettiere docet) :(

6. mol August 13, 2010 at 17:03 #

Wow, Rihanna makes ‘timeless elegance’ look edgy which I love!

7. Ev August 13, 2010 at 18:12 #

Absolutely LOVE it! It looks like I finally know my BDOTW! :)

8. Alma August 13, 2010 at 18:19 #

you can see a piercing on her right boob

9. k.b.s August 13, 2010 at 18:30 #

Terrible. Rihanna’s tastes just seem to be degenerating into a trashy style. Even though the dress, by itself, is tasteful and pretty, she just makes it look cheap. i think she’s having the ‘Alex Curran’ effect on clothes. Sorry.

10. Jolie August 13, 2010 at 18:35 #

I like the dress,

11. Mario August 13, 2010 at 18:37 #

I honestly prefer the lace on the dress like the model is wearing, I think it looks a lot uglier on Rihanna’s modified dress.

12. Lee Ann August 13, 2010 at 18:56 #

I am in a no holds bar mood today so sorry if this comes out a bit strong- but from looking at the picture Rhianna still can’t do elegance timely or otherwise. She looks and moves like a truck driver in drag.

13. Marvel August 13, 2010 at 19:40 #

I do like the dress but Im sure she could have worn some type of protection for her boobs. Theyre too ‘woobly’ and thats putting me off this look

14. Linda August 13, 2010 at 20:50 #

This looks horrible but not as horrible as what she usually wears. There is nothing I like about this woman’s style.

15. Si August 13, 2010 at 22:18 #

I don’t think she has nipple covers and her piercing is showing when you enlarge the first picture! Not so elegant :)

16. Tania August 13, 2010 at 22:50 #

Love!

17. Dream Girl August 14, 2010 at 00:25 #

I liked it! but, when I saw the make up. I disliked it :D

18. GEORGE August 14, 2010 at 03:06 #

Reinvention of one of the costumes of in MADONNA’s sticky and sweet tour???

19. mikeijames August 14, 2010 at 13:44 #

i saw some recent snaps of her in nyc — at a chinese restaurant or some such — and her hair looked phenom!!! i think when it’s SUPER-straight, it looks the best.

20. Helen August 14, 2010 at 18:08 #

I love the look,I want this dress even more now! I do think she should slow down with the tats now,a few little ones in places that they can be covered are nice but I wouldn’t like her to be covered!

21. kiwi August 15, 2010 at 13:27 #

FC, not elegant coz of the no bra look. Love the shoes but agree.. the fit is off

22. Sophia August 18, 2010 at 12:11 #

She looks so beautiful in this dress! I love, love, LOVE this look! ^_^
    And I’d kill for this admirable Stella McCartney dress, no lie. Oh, and I have to say that I love her red hair, haha. ^_^