11.08.10 Premiere

NYLON Magazine Party – Drew Barrymore In Vintage

Drew Barrymore sported a sexy bouffant and longer hair at the NYLON magazine party in New York last night.

The current NYLON cover girl looked gave us a retro 60s vibe with the hair and her multi-coloured mosaic-print chain-mail vintage dress.

Her dress which has an open back has a vintage quality to it from the material, the style and the print.

Drew brought the dress from Janine vintage store in Austin, Texas for only $25.

Nude heels are an ongoing trend on the red carpet as are YSL Trib Two’s, much to the chagrin of many of you, but Drew’s Trib Two’s work really well with her dress.

This is a new grown-up style for Drew. I really like it, but I hope quirky Drew continues to make an appearance on the red carpet.

Her promo tour for “Going the Distance” starts soon, so we’ll have plenty more Drew looks to swoon over.

Many of you believe you’ve already found your BDOTW.

Has Drew changed your mind?

Credit: Getty

In Kim Kardashian's Closet - Ruthie Davis Studded Pumps

In Kim Kardashian’s Closet – Ruthie Davis Studded Pumps

Emma Watson Unveils The Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 1 Poster In  Alice by Temperley

Emma Watson Unveils The Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 1 Poster In Alice by Temperley

22 Responses to NYLON Magazine Party – Drew Barrymore In Vintage

1. pipsqueak August 11, 2010 at 17:33 #

I think “Going the Distance” is going to bomb at the box office, but I’m excited to see Drew on the promo tour. I’m undecided about this dress. I have a feeling that it’ll probably look better in person b/c of the intricate print. I Iike the back, though, and the shoes.

2. Mol August 11, 2010 at 17:55 #

Coming and going – this is my BDOTW so far…..

3. Gaber August 11, 2010 at 17:57 #

The hair bugs me.
    I dislike the print.
    The shape of the dress is off.

I do like the detail on the back.

4. Z FASHION BLOG August 11, 2010 at 18:58 #

I didn’t like her Nylon cover, but this look is amazing.

he dress is absolutely beautiful.

The only thing I?m not crazy about is the hair.

5. Jeremy August 11, 2010 at 19:32 #

I know what irks me: the sleeves. I wished either they were longer/slimmer or at least pulled up. But other than that, this vintage dress looks very good.

6. Lee Ann August 11, 2010 at 20:18 #

I love this dress and whilst I also love the colour of the shoes I don’t care for the suede. Tribs have to be the most comfortable shoes going.

7. laura D August 11, 2010 at 20:37 #

This dress makes her look so lean and tall, at first glance I thought it was Claudia Schiffer. Or maybe it’s just the hair.

8. Naomi August 11, 2010 at 21:24 #

I don’t like eyes’ make-up at all, but other than that I love everything about this look. The back of the dress is absolutely gorgeous!

9. mochababe73 August 11, 2010 at 22:46 #

I don’t like the dress on Drew. It appears to be too big and too long. I am not on board with the sleeves either. I also don’t like that ring either.
    I love her hair and the back of the dress, and the shoes match perfectly.

10. Hannah August 11, 2010 at 23:21 #

All the components are therebut it doesn’t work for me, the dress is lovely but the shape does nothign for ehr body, the heels are alright, they always are, the hair is just ok, and th emakeup doesn’t work either. I lov ehe rvintage style, and I do not mind a more grown up look, but this isn’t it for me.

11. dressaddict August 11, 2010 at 23:29 #

I totally love this look! The fabric and the cut are gorgeous! BDOTW!

12. Idealist August 11, 2010 at 23:45 #

I read on style mtv that drew scored this vintage dress for a whopping $25 @ a thrift store in Austin, Tx! Now don’t get me wrong I love a high price’d label but this just goes to show that high fashion doesn’t always have to break the bank! Style is essentially all in how you pull together an entire look! Go Drew!

• mochababe73 August 14, 2010 at 02:37 #

I just read the same thing, and I agree.

13. mari August 12, 2010 at 00:16 #

Love it!

14. Bridget August 12, 2010 at 06:09 #

I love this look and find her adorable. I also just read on the website justjared.com that Drew is wearing a Janine vintage dress she bought at an Austin thrift store for $25!!! I love the mix of high end and everyday affordable.

15. mikeijames August 12, 2010 at 07:15 #

i love the look but the dress could’ve used some updated tailoring to show of her fantastic curves.

16. Rashmi August 12, 2010 at 08:52 #

FC when u say “Many of you believe you’ve already found your BDOTW” whom are you refering to?
    I love Drew’s dress and the shoes work perfectly probably because they are not glossy like we see more often. Hair could have been better though… a pony may be, so that we could still see the detail on the back.

• Fashion Critic August 12, 2010 at 09:18 #

kristen bell

17. nicole August 12, 2010 at 09:27 #

not a fan of this look something is off for me

18. shruti August 12, 2010 at 12:55 #

I really like this. The dress, the shoes, the hair all work together. The back of the dress is very sexy. She looks delightful. The makeup looks weird in this picture. But I saw a few pictures elsewhere and love the entire look from head to toe.

19. Amber August 13, 2010 at 03:57 #

Love it! And the price makes it even better! Definitely BDOTW!

20. sam August 15, 2010 at 04:48 #

this was actually purchased at FEATHERS in austin. http://feathersboutiquevintage.blogspot.com/2010/08/drew.html