11.08.10 Premiere

“Eat Pray Love” New York Premiere – Julia Roberts In Stella McCartney

I would like to apologize in advance for the lack of enthusiasm for this post and no doubt future Julia Roberts posts during the “Eat Pray Love” promotional tour.

Unlike Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie who will throw us a bone at least once during a promotional tour. I’m not holding out the same hope from Julia.

It will be black black and black all the way and I couldn’t be more underwhelmed.

Last night at the New York “Eat Pray Love” Premiere Julia gave us…you guess it head-to-toe black starting from her Stella McCartney blazer, to her Diane von Furstenberg shorts, right down to her Roger Vivier sandals.

The only pop of colour comes from her collection of Coomi bangles and her stunning earrings.

I’ll happily admit she looks gorgeous, stunning in fact, but it feels like groundhog day.

Credit: Getty

Emilia Fox In Temperley London - The Radio Academy Awards

Emilia Fox In Temperley London – The Radio Academy Awards

NYLON Magazine Party - Drew Barrymore In Vintage

NYLON Magazine Party – Drew Barrymore In Vintage

19 Responses to “Eat Pray Love” New York Premiere – Julia Roberts In Stella McCartney

1. kiwi August 11, 2010 at 13:09 #

Well she does look great.. the earrings are amazing

2. Z FASHION BLOG August 11, 2010 at 13:28 #

I agree with FC.
    I was hoping for something more colourful from Julia but knew in advance that I was asking for too much…

I loved how her co-star Javier Bardem was dressed.

3. Ally August 11, 2010 at 13:40 #

She looks amazing, but super uncomfortable to be wearing a skirt that short. ANd at least she added interesting accessories to her black!

4. dressaddict August 11, 2010 at 14:13 #

Yes, she’gorgeous, the legs are phenomenal, but so dull the whole look, it’s not that kind of look for a movie premiere where you have the leading role. Actually, some other guests at the premiere showed much more consideration for fancy dressing.

5. Rebecca August 11, 2010 at 14:16 #

Her legs are inhumanely amazing. How is this woman in her 40s?

6. Mahima August 11, 2010 at 14:53 #

she has great legs. but the look is boring and forgettable. hopefully she brings something new.

7. Rebecca August 11, 2010 at 15:32 #

I want the sandals

• Mol August 11, 2010 at 16:01 #

Ditto!

8. pipsqueak August 11, 2010 at 16:39 #

Julia is no fashionista. I bet she wears Crocs at home. I love this look head to toe. It’s so intriguing (and not for sale from our local Dr. Nip Tuck) to see a woman who doesn’t try hard to pose or be perfect yet she looks beautiful. She’s still got those legs 20 years after Pretty Woman.

• b August 13, 2010 at 11:08 #

I agree. She just looks amazing. What’s not to love?

I just hate when everyone keeps trying too hard.

No one has to pull the Blake Lively you know?

9. Shemah August 11, 2010 at 17:08 #

I agree.. she goes black, black, black or if we’re lucky, a touch of white. Maybe she doesn’t want to blend in with the Eat, Pray, Love poster? But no. She does boring down to a t.

Promoting such a colorful movie (what with her character traveling from Italy to Bali), you’d think she’d wear something with more “character”.

But on the up side, she does look inhumanly stunning with legs (and Roger Viver’s) to die for.

10. mochababe73 August 11, 2010 at 17:42 #

A truly “I’m Bored” moment. I can’t believe that Julia was in a movie where she went to Bali and Italy, and this is what she chose to wear. The possibilities were endless, and she could have looked amazing. Her stylist needs to be fired immediately.

11. Mol August 11, 2010 at 18:02 #

I don’t care if mostly I find black boring, or even if it’s what Julia most often defaults too……..she just simply looks stunning here, perfect in every detail, so I’ll just enjoy it without criticism (even though I’ll never go to the movie, which surely will be boring!).

12. Jeremy August 11, 2010 at 19:37 #

What’s with the insecurity among Julia, Jennifer and Angelina? Black, black, black. If it’s not black then they have to add something predictable to the look: with Jennifer is the “Friend” hair, Julia can never get away from her black blazer or shoes.

13. morella August 11, 2010 at 21:20 #

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Stella .. :D

14. mari August 12, 2010 at 00:09 #

it’s blah, but I do not remember any occasion where she has been a standout with her clothes, excpt maybe the black dress she wore to the oscars when she won.

15. Lorne Marr August 12, 2010 at 02:10 #

I’d imagine she could wear something more exciting. I think she’s very pretty for all intents and purposes and this “dress” really does not do her justice.
    PS: Love the “Eat Pray Love Sony” wallpaper behind her :)

16. Ayesha August 13, 2010 at 13:23 #

she looks stunning but i’m so disappointed that i can’t even put it in words…….

17. Sophia August 18, 2010 at 12:56 #

Love the look and I love how she accessorized it. Also the shoes are absolutely stunning.