“Scott Pilgrim vs The World” Toronto Premiere – Anna Kendrick In Marc Jacobs

This weekend Anna Kendrick was in Toronto, Canada for the Premiere of her latest flick, “Scott Pilgrim vs The World”.

I was hoping we wouldn’t have to wait too long to see a look from Marc Jacobs Resort 2011 collection, and here we have our first look.

Anna’s eggplant cap sleeve slightly off-the-shoulder dress with a tiered skirt is decorated with plastic polka dots.

I would say it’s modified, but since the dresses differ so greatly, it would be proper to say that the dress was simply from the same collection but was edited out of the 38 pieces on Style.com.

Sparkling Jimmy Choo’s and an elegant updo complete the look.

I love the dress. Anna picked the right look to suit her style and personality.

The other dress may have been to matronly on her because of the length and her height.

The only thing I’m missing is some lip colour.

BDOTW?

Credit: Style.com & Rex

Andrea Guasch In Ana Locking -  17th Malaga Film Festival 2014 Opening Ceremony

Andrea Guasch In Ana Locking – 17th Malaga Film Festival 2014 Opening Ceremony

"The Big C" New York Screening - Sarah Jessica Parker In Donna Karan

“The Big C” New York Screening – Sarah Jessica Parker In Donna Karan

32 Responses to “Scott Pilgrim vs The World” Toronto Premiere – Anna Kendrick In Marc Jacobs

1. Renie August 10, 2010 at 14:05 #

Im not really sure I get what her personality and style is yet. Its a great color on her though. Love her. Glad she modified it or she would have looked older than her age in the original

2. Leska August 10, 2010 at 14:08 #

I love Ana style.

BDOTW!!!!!!!

3. Laura August 10, 2010 at 14:15 #

Love the dress from the neck down. But the hair and lack of make-up just don’t work with this dress. Still could be in the BDOTW poll, but it wouldn’t get my vote.

4. Emma August 10, 2010 at 14:33 #

Love the color and the dots/tiers, HATE the neckline. It looks too big for her, and the cut isn’t flattering.

• Naomi August 10, 2010 at 15:50 #

Agree about the neckline – It just looks wrong, like a bad fit. And as Laura mentioned in the comment above – The hair and make-up aren’t so great here.

5. Lee Ann August 10, 2010 at 14:38 #

I can’t put my finger on why I think this is a really silly dress but I do. It looks like she should be sitting around a piano with Bing Crosby singing White Christmas or something.

• Naomi August 10, 2010 at 15:52 #

I thought it looks like a 60`s stay at home wife with a twist (The model look)

• Amber August 10, 2010 at 16:03 #

agreed. the other dress may have been too matronly for her but this one also doesn’t quite work.

6. Leo August 10, 2010 at 14:41 #

Anna look like a cartoon character, but in a good way. She’s quirky cute and fashionable in the most fun way. Love this. I don’t really think the shoes are the best choice for this look, but she made it work.

7. nicky August 10, 2010 at 15:00 #

agree with the above post about how the neckline is too big on her…its distracting. dont really love this look. cute dress but its not anna’s style =S

8. Moxie August 10, 2010 at 15:13 #

I like the dress a lot, but the neckline isn’t quite right. Could still be a contender for BDOTW, depending on what else shows up.

9. 2C August 10, 2010 at 15:20 #

I think it looks creased… lol

10. unvacuous August 10, 2010 at 15:33 #

Hmmmm….I like the color and the polka dots but wished she would have kept the original neckline. I notice she likes this off the shoulder thing from previous looks, but I don’t think it’s flattering here.

She has an angular face, and such pale coloring she tends to look washed out. I think she could look pretty though, maybe if her hair was slightly darkened (or the same shade of color but more saturated) and softer sillhouettes.

11. abd al rahman August 10, 2010 at 15:36 #

love anna and amazing dress

12. pipsqueak August 10, 2010 at 15:53 #

Glad to see Anna in something other than Marchesa. But I’m not sure she has the personality to bring out the quirkiness of the dress. I like the dress and it’s fitting for this premiere. I love alternative comics but I think the Scott Pilgrim books suck.

13. chaltham August 10, 2010 at 15:56 #

indeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

14. Hisadora August 10, 2010 at 15:57 #

Love it, cute dress and it’s very nice on her! I love her sense of fashion!!

15. jaynee August 10, 2010 at 16:09 #

She looks knackered, the colour is washing her out & the dress is creased to hell – not a stand out look!

16. Mol August 10, 2010 at 16:26 #

I think the whole thing is quirky and cute and I like it, no complaints……as for BDOTW, it depends on what else shows up, but I don’t mind seeing it stacked up against other looks, I’m often surprised at what I like best…….

17. Si August 10, 2010 at 16:35 #

I hated the neckline and don’t think it’s BDOTW! I liked the model’s version though, it goes with the retro trend

18. mochababe73 August 10, 2010 at 16:40 #

I like Anna’s dress better than the model’s.
    The neckline appears to be too big. Not a fan of the dots (buttons?), but it goes with the fun, quirky, playful style of the dress. The shoes are perfect with it. Unfortunately, her hair doesn’t match with the playfulness of the dress.

19. Courteney August 10, 2010 at 16:40 #

I prefer the runway version. I think the redcarpet version is just too high school promish.

20. moja31 August 10, 2010 at 16:44 #

wish she’d stuck with the original color and neckline, basically just a shortened version of the runway dress.

21. marian August 10, 2010 at 17:14 #

she looks wonderful. bdotw worthy, for sure.

22. Gaber August 10, 2010 at 18:13 #

The dress absolutely doesn’t work.
    The problem is that when they shortened the skirt they still kept all the layers on it. So the dress looks way over-worked.
    Plus the changed neckline isn’t doing her any favours.

Major fashion fail.

23. Victoria August 10, 2010 at 19:58 #

Yes to BDOTW. It’s quirky, fun and cute! I like it. :D

24. Ben August 10, 2010 at 20:12 #

i love it! BDOTW!

25. Marvel August 10, 2010 at 22:06 #

I do like the dress but not the modified version of it. I can see Zoey Deschanel in the Marc Jacobs dress.

26. dressaddict August 10, 2010 at 23:51 #

Love the dress, but not the shoes, they are too classy for it, I mean she should’ve chosen that type of Miu-Miu platforms that we all craved about this summer, it would’ve been the perfect fit with the style of the dress.

27. Hannah August 11, 2010 at 00:54 #

I’m sorry but I really don’t like this dress, Idon’t like the colour I don’t like thehemline, I do not like theoff the soulder and I do not like the neckline or thewaistline. I much prefer therunway version, it looks to me cheap, ill-fitting and dated. She needs to learn how to pose too. Shoulders backa nd lean back a bit! Her hair always looks the same too. NOt bdotw for me at all sadly.

28. Z FASHION BLOG August 11, 2010 at 07:12 #

Adorable look!
    I like the longer version more and think it would have been more elegant/suitable for the occasion.

Marc Jacobs and LV were two of my favourite Resort 2011 collections.

29. kiwi August 11, 2010 at 13:33 #