Runway To Da Silvano – Rihanna In Proenza Schouler

No it’s not Halloween, it’s Rihanna leaving Da Silvano in New York City after a romantic dinner with boyfriend Matt Kemp on Monday night.

You’d think with hair that bright Rihanna would steer clear of clashing or bright colours.

Wrong.

The singer wore a Proenza Schouler Spring 2010 tank dress with shark fin paillette embroidery at the hem.

Her sleeveless tie-dyed yellow and green belted tank dress was paired with shades at night and gladiator flats.

I can live with a lot of crazy Rihanna looks, but the hair just doesn’t work with this dress.

Credit: Style.com & PacificCoastNews

Ellie Kemper In Honor - 'Sex Tape' LA Premiere

Ellie Kemper In Honor – ‘Sex Tape’ LA Premiere

Runway To Sidewalk - Rihanna In Stella McCartney

Runway To Sidewalk – Rihanna In Stella McCartney

23 Responses to Runway To Da Silvano – Rihanna In Proenza Schouler

1. Helen August 10, 2010 at 13:19 #

It’s not really the hair that bothers me here,it is the belt. I think it ruins the look. I much prefer the runway styling.

2. elsa August 10, 2010 at 13:25 #

walking watermelon

3. Joeward Manaig August 10, 2010 at 13:29 #

i think she looks great with that Proenza dress.and the color is great on her. :]

4. Amelia August 10, 2010 at 13:29 #

It is a nice dress, the problem is that the hair doesn’t work with anything…

5. Yasmine August 10, 2010 at 13:36 #

absolutely the belt among all, but the hair and her lip color make it even worst. her looks are not crazy per-se, their just wrong like theyv dropped out of bad editorials

6. LizLemooooon August 10, 2010 at 13:38 #

Damn it with that bowl cut again! I can’t even…WHY?! I was happy with the hair up till this point, now no. As for the outfit, just hideous, I think because it clashes so much with the hair. Her legs look great if that’s any consolation and I like her shoes.

7. Terry August 10, 2010 at 13:42 #

At this point, anything she wears looks tacky. Her hair is hideous.

8. Jane August 10, 2010 at 13:51 #

I get the same vibe from any picture of Rihanna’s outfits: they’re way too contrived. I feel like I can look at this and know that it took either her or her stylist hours to put together when really, the dress glows and impresses more on it’s own. The belt, the awkward flats, the sunglasses and her obnoxiously coloured hair is overkill and sends a brilliant dress down the toilet.

9. styles own August 10, 2010 at 13:57 #

I think everyone is entitled to their own style, and i think she looks cool, people are afraid of color and twisting things round a bit, im not fond of rihanna’s clothing at all times but here i think she looks cool. she is from Barbados- bright colors are what its all about.

• Terry August 10, 2010 at 14:33 #

The problem here are not the bright colours, I think, but her hair. She doesn’t pull bright red hair off, the haircut is hideous, and that is enough to ruin her looks. I love bright hair colours (in the 90s, the model Sybil Buck had amazing blood red hair and still looked glamourous, for example), but I guess they don’t suit her.

• styles own August 13, 2010 at 14:34 #

hhhmmmm im on the other side i think the color look good on her, not keen on the cut but the color yes xx

10. Laura August 10, 2010 at 14:17 #

I rarely don’t like when a celeb wears green. And that belt was a great addition to define a waistline…

…But that hair is attrocious.And okay you want BRIGHT red hair? Then at least pick outfits that don’t clash with it (ie the D&G or Zac Posen dresses).

11. Renie August 10, 2010 at 14:18 #

Im really starting to hate sandals like that and her new hairdo is awful. I get that she can get away with it because shes rhianna, but its a terrible hair color on her

12. FortyNotOut August 10, 2010 at 14:18 #

Wrong… on so many levels. I did have a chortle at your Halloween comment – too true! xx

13. Nia August 10, 2010 at 15:50 #

I don’t like those gladiator sandals on a lot of people, but I think she pulls them off very nicely. The sandals are my favourite part of her outfit. I think with the shades and hair it does look slightly contrived.

14. Mol August 10, 2010 at 16:30 #

I like the way she styled the dress, but, as everyone seems to agree, the hair turns the whole thing into a caricature.

15. mochababe73 August 10, 2010 at 16:43 #

Too much going on. With hair that striking, you need to be very careful about your everyday wardrobe choices. One doesn’t have to look like she’s always on the stage.
    I love the dress, but I don’t like the heavy belt with it. She should have just worn it as is. Shoes are perfect.

16. Si August 10, 2010 at 16:56 #

I LOVED this dress, not just this one but probably the whole Proenza Shoulder colection! But that ugly hair, ugh, It’s really too much.

17. niya August 10, 2010 at 17:50 #

I dunno, I actually quite liked this look. I think the only thing I would change is the way she’s styled her hair. I have to say though either way – it’s very Rihanna.

18. Marvel August 10, 2010 at 22:08 #

At times her hair works and I do think its works with this dress but the way she has styled it, is where it has gone wrong. If she had styled it how she normally does, we wouldnt have this problem

19. Hannah August 11, 2010 at 00:57 #

Her old blonde hair, or average person hair, would have looked amazing, I lvoe thelipstick with this dress, just not eh hair or thebelt. It alsolooksslightly different with the tiers at the bottom than the runway. The runway shoes are better too.

20. Sophia August 18, 2010 at 13:03 #

Okay, I have to say that I don’t really like the colour but I love how she accesorized it.

21. Kemi January 30, 2011 at 12:42 #

I must be the only one who likes the clash of her colour against the dress. I really like this look – her hair colour included. Just wish she’d styled it differently a bowl cut is not a flattering hairstyle for anyone other than little boys!