Rachel Zoe ‘Dies’ For Harper’s Bazaar US September 2010

I adore Rachel Zoe’s editorial for Harper’s Bazaar which features in the September 2010 issue.

Not only because it shows off her quirky personality, but it also shows her in clothes that aren’t dwarfing her tiny frame or boho in style.

Using her now famous “I Die” catch-phase, the editorial shows her dying at the hands of fashion designers like Michael Kors, Marc Jacobs, Vera Wang and Brian Atwood.

We all love Rachel because of her infectious enthusiasm for fashion, and designers feel the same way about her.

Marc Jacobs: “Rachel’s energy is electrifying…and often shocking!”

Michael Kors: “The perfect accessory can make the difference between looking blah and totally to die for.”

Vera Wang: “I only want to kill Rachel when I don’t land one of her fabulous clients for the Oscars!”

My favourite picture is the Marc Jacobs pictures, but my favourite dress on her is the Vera Wang. Very Carrie Bradshaw.

Credit: Style.com & Douglas Friedman for Harper’s Bazaar

31 thoughts on “Rachel Zoe ‘Dies’ For Harper’s Bazaar US September 2010

1. aneCDote

J’adore your site and J’adore Miss Zoe. This shoot is amazzzzinngg. I obviously die for it. The Marc Jacobs dress is wrong tho– it is the dress similar to that but is yellow and more sheer on the runway. Just thought I’d let you know. :)
    Also, close up of those Brian Atwoods she has on? I mean…so good…

2. Weber from Brazil

WOW
    stunning shoot *-*
    my favorite dress is by Vera Wang
    wonderful +_+
    and that one by Derek Lam is to die for
    Francisco Costa always minimalist…a little boring for my taste

1. mm

I agree! Love the CK dress. Very creative and fun editoral, love Rachel. My favorite shot is the Marc Jacobs especially since she is so obsessed with her hair

3. mochababe73

Although I found the first episode of Rachel’s new season to be very juvenile and unprofessional, I still love her.
    I saw these pictures on another site, and I love the concept. I can’t wait to get my copy of this issue. This is such a high end editorial. I figure that only true fashionistas and lovers of fashion will “get it”. It’s been a long time since a fashion magazine has made me love an editorial. Besides, I can’t get enough of Michael Kors and Marc Jacobs.

1. Ally

Ditto on your feelings about the premiere. I think Rachel did herself a huge disservice talking about Taylor so much. She has built such great positive PR w/ the show and hurt a lot of it by acting like a 4 yr old.

I do really like the editorial though. Must be amazing to call up these famous designers and ask them to participate! The Michael Kors one is my favorite!

4. Mol

Love the Calvin Klein shot – that white jumps out, the mood is perfect, it’s my favorite; that and tte Michael Kors shot, very creative.

5. Matt

Prior to her TV show, I always thought she had a non existent personality. But I love her, I think she has an amazing sense of style. I also love this whole spread, they should have done a 6th one though, I’m thinking with Taylor? lol

6. pipsqueak

I’m not as amazed by this concept behind the editorial, for Harper’s Bazaar has done it before. Its Sesame Street shoot in the Sept. 2009 issue also featured designers with a model and a SS character. It’s a recycled idea, but HB did trademark it. I like these film noir shots. I don’t really like Rachel Zoe and these designer endorsements can be just business speak, but I can be wrong about her. I so wish I had never watched her show so she’d remain abstract and interesting to me.

7. Dorian Gray

Very interesting editorial, I’d like to see even some italian or french designers but, by the way, I’ll get my copy in Milano.

8. Marvel

I dont watch the Rachel Zoe project and have never seen her in an interview so I have no idea how her personality but this is the editorial in a while that Ive liked. love the Derek Lam and CK shots

9. JJ

Love the editorial. I love the Derek Lam dress – I’d love to won one, especially since I have the height for it.

10. Yves

I admire Rachel Zoe’s fashion sense. She is such an inspiration and without her, stars like Anne Hathaway wouldn’t have been so sensational.

11. Ali

Does anyone else think they are subtly recreating famous Hitchcock scenes in this editorial?

Second is Rear WIndow
    Thirds is How to Catch a Thief
    Fourth is Psycho

Loves it

Hot shoot

12. Hannah

Such a refreshing editorial. Nothing like the usual ‘celebrity’ editorials or tehusual Zoe editorials either. MY favourite is the CK, all the designers look amazing but MIchael kors looks the most convincing as a psychopath!