Hollywood Walk Of Fame Star Ceremony – Maggie Gyllenhaal In Lanvin

Veteran actress Emma Thompson was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame, but her good friend Maggie Gyllenhaal who stole my attention.

Maggie stood out wearing a red Lanvin Spring 2010 dress which she paired with black sandals.

I love the colour of Maggie’s dress, but the leather runway version drapes better on the model.

Although the dress looks a bit limp on Maggie, she looks beautiful in the dress and she totally made it work for this informal occasion so full marks to her.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2010 Teen Choice Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2010 Teen Choice Awards?

Runway To Da Silvano – Rihanna In Proenza Schouler

Runway To Da Silvano – Rihanna In Proenza Schouler

20 Responses to Hollywood Walk Of Fame Star Ceremony – Maggie Gyllenhaal In Lanvin

1. Rebecca August 10, 2010 at 12:38 #

I think the dress would have looked better if the shoes were cream or metallic, but overall she looks great.

2. alannah August 10, 2010 at 12:44 #

ive been waiting to see if you’d post this.
    maggie blows me away time after time, absoloutely love it.
    so glad you posted about it :)

3. Z FASHION BLOG August 10, 2010 at 12:54 #

This is a gorgeous dress but it looks totally limp on her.. It’s just too big.
    Also I’m not sure about these sandals.

I understand that it’s an informal occasion, but I don’t think the answer is to wear a two sizes bigger dress with sandals to feel more comfi.

4. LizLemooooon August 10, 2010 at 13:39 #

Maybe it’s just this picture or…but she looks real sloppy here. I like when she wears simple things in block colours with clean lines or a more fitted shape but she seems to prefer the shapeless/blousy look. Not a fan of those sandals at all either.

5. Laura August 10, 2010 at 14:19 #

Don’t love the dress, but I’m going to say that Maggie saved the look. On most, the limpness would look just plain sad, but because of Maggie’s funky, eclectic style I don’t hate the look as much as I should.

• Fashion Critic August 10, 2010 at 14:23 #

you are so right. A lesser mortal would’ve her made this look even worse

• pipsqueak August 10, 2010 at 15:44 #

Well said! I love her sandals more than the dress.

• Mol August 10, 2010 at 16:33 #

Yes, I love the sandals too, and although the dress does rather hang there, I agree with Laura that sweet Maggie somewhat saves it.

6. Moxie August 10, 2010 at 15:14 #

Everything is just wrong about this look. The dress is too big, flip flops are just wrong, her hair is a mess… She just looks like a sloppy mess, like she slept in the outfit and just didn’t change in the morning.

7. june August 10, 2010 at 16:07 #

i’ve seen other pictures where maggie’s just totally gorgeous in this dress and the red’s beautiful on her. maybe it’s one of those weird dresses that look good in some angles and terrible in others

8. mochababe73 August 10, 2010 at 16:46 #

The shoes were a baaaad choice.
    Nothing can save this dress. It just a flat out, ugly mess. It looks sloppy on her and on the model. It’s just too much going on. I don’t get why everyone likes it. Maybe I am not the fashionista that I thought I was.

9. Andrew Mackinnon August 10, 2010 at 21:57 #

I’m so annoyed with the Lanvin Spring 2010 collection! On the catwalk the dresses were absolutely incredible; bouncy, fun, vibrant, but off the catwalk nearly all of them have let me down; bland, flat and boring… I hope when celebs begin to wear the Fall collection the same won’t happen… x

• Fashion Critic August 10, 2010 at 22:09 #

I share your pain

10. Marvel August 10, 2010 at 22:10 #

I do like the dress and had no idea it was by Lanvin. Having said that, I expected Maggie to wear it much better considering it was Lanvin. I do like the dress

11. Hannah August 11, 2010 at 00:59 #

I love maggie in my two favourite designers: dries and lanvin. I alsolov ethefact sheisone of theonly ones who can pull them off.

12. mari August 11, 2010 at 01:31 #

both dresses seem so different that I can’t believe they are the same, just differet fabric.
    Nice body, Maggie. I love the leather dress, the other ones looks … summery, like she was going for a subtle look, despite wearing red. Nice, but does not take my breath away.

13. Raquel August 11, 2010 at 07:01 #

Flip flops? No. Just no.

14. kiwi August 11, 2010 at 13:35 #

Great dress on the runway.. just fails on Maggie.. quite awful

15. kiwi August 11, 2010 at 13:36 #

Most of the the recent posts have flat sandals/glads/flip flops!

16. Rebecca August 11, 2010 at 15:42 #

the dress is way to big and doesn’t flatter her in any way except for the color. She has a nice figure, but we never get to see it.