2010 Teen Choice Awards – Lea Michele In Naeem Khan

On Fire Award
Following her BDOTW win, Lea Michele continued her stylish streak at the 2010 Teen Choice Awards last night.

I never realized what an amazing figure Lea had until I saw her in this Naeem Khan Resort 2011 mini dress.

The dress has been modified to have a lower neckline and shorten to show off her amazing legs. Taking the dress from nice to wow.

Her nude mini with a tropical jungle-inspired green beaded detailing was simply gorgeous.

As I recently said, I’m really beginning to enjoy her on the red carpet again.

Her look is cute, sexy, daring but doesn’t scream desperation.

Nude accessories including a nude clutch and nude Christian Dior Spring 2010 wedges completed her look.

Definitely one of my favourites on the night.

[nggallery id=629]

Credit: Style.com & Getty

"Glee" Girls @ The 2010 Teen Choice Awards

“Glee” Girls @ The 2010 Teen Choice Awards

2010 Teen Choice Awards - Leighton Meester In Emilio Pucci

2010 Teen Choice Awards – Leighton Meester In Emilio Pucci

33 Responses to 2010 Teen Choice Awards – Lea Michele In Naeem Khan

1. Kate August 9, 2010 at 14:02 #

Almost perfect… would’ve preferred the hemline to be fractionally longer, just think it would’ve made the proportions slightly nicer. But I’m nit-picking, she looks SLAMMING.

2. Laura August 9, 2010 at 14:19 #

Lea seems to have dropped a little weight over the summer. I don’t particularly feel she needed to but she looks good either way. Love the green on her and all the modifications make the look perfect for her. This was one of my faves as well.

3. sevenstories August 9, 2010 at 14:33 #

I love the dress on her – she is dressing impeccably at the moment as she is after an Emmy! She’s started doing what Kate Winslet did when she was nominated for an Oscar, dressing beautifully but safely.

However, as Laura said, she has lost weight and is starting to look a bit out of proportion to my mind – her hips are so much smaller than her shoulders and her bust that it’s starting to look a bit weird.

• unvacuous August 10, 2010 at 15:25 #

I agree, she is starting to look out of proportion. She had slim hips to begin with even before she lost weight and now is looking more lollipop-ish. Especially with the big hair. I preferred her with more meat on the bones. Lovely eyes and smile though.

4. GirlOne August 9, 2010 at 14:34 #

Alright, I hate wedges. They will never grown on me. So I’m just going to ignore them and say: Gorgeous!

5. june August 9, 2010 at 14:39 #

if she hadn’t modified the dress, it might have seemed a little too sedate or old for her – every modification makes it sexier and fun – and okay, the hemline’s a little too short for me, but when you’ve got pins like that, i’d show them off, too

• bettybrandenburg August 9, 2010 at 14:59 #

Agree, might have been too sedate for her – but in my humble opinion the modification takes the dress from fabulous and unusual to “just another sparkly little number”. A disappointment! (Great legs, though…)

• Mol August 9, 2010 at 16:56 #

Lea looks beautiful here and I do love her, but the dress as it was shown on the model is way more alluring to me than this, as bettybrandenbury says, “just another sparkly little number”. I’m disappointed to be honest.

• justme August 9, 2010 at 17:06 #

Exactly. The dress lost its originality.

• Linda August 9, 2010 at 21:57 #

Agreed 100 percent with bettybrandenbury . In this case, the dress went from interesting and alluring to “just another sparkly little number”. It’s unrecognizable exept for the print, imo. I prefer the way it was designed originally.

Sometimes I wonder what designers really think of modifications made to their clothes. Does anyone know who modifies the clothes? Is it the fashion house or do people just take it to a tailor? I wonder if there are any designers who don’t allow modifications or who are surprised to see a design of theirs altered so drastically on the red carpet.

Also, she does look a little out of proportion as someone earlier mentioned. Let’s hope she’s not falling prey to the Hollywood eating disorder trap.

6. roxana August 9, 2010 at 14:55 #

my favourite of the night

7. Leo August 9, 2010 at 15:00 #

She has lost some weight and looks a bit weird. But I adore this dress, its sexy and fun. A great look for her.

• Alina August 9, 2010 at 15:46 #

I totally agree.

8. Ayesha August 9, 2010 at 15:16 #

it’s quite stunning………but i wish it was a little longer.

9. daniele August 9, 2010 at 15:24 #

don’t you guys think that the shoes look a bit heavy on a fresh summery dress like this??

• danielezka August 9, 2010 at 16:23 #

I totally agree.

• justme August 9, 2010 at 17:05 #

They do.

• Brooke August 9, 2010 at 20:38 #

I, for one, love wedges and am usually thrilled about their pairing with summer dresses, but there is just too much shoe here. The dress is exquisite, but this shoe kept her in second place, with Kristen pulling ahead for ‘best dressed’.

10. Alex August 9, 2010 at 16:01 #

Wow, she’s definitely on fire, dress is great and it looks AMAZING on her ! Hair and make-up are perfection, shoes may not be my favourite but they work with the rest so I won’t be complaining. Very well done, Ms Lea Michele, sexy but not tacky!

11. Colleen August 9, 2010 at 16:06 #

Wow. She is STUNNING. This look is flawless from head to toe.

12. Anne August 9, 2010 at 16:31 #

Can I just say how completely WRONG it is that E! Online actually put her on their fashion police segment as one of the worst dressed? That is exactly why I appreciate your blog so much, because you actually know what looks gorgeous…and she totally does! LOVE this look :]

• Fashion Critic August 9, 2010 at 16:37 #

thanks Anne.

I don’t know how anyone could put this on the worst dresses list

13. Victoria August 9, 2010 at 16:50 #

Have to say, this would be the first time which I really love a look from Lea. I think she looks amazing here! Undecided between her and Kristen Bell for best dressed!

14. Marvel August 9, 2010 at 17:50 #

I LOVE this look. Its so sparkly and pretty and I think I can live with those gorgeous nude heels. She has lost some weight but that is probably due to her dancing 6 days a week on GLEE plus her strict vegan diet. I preferred how she was a couple of months ago and I think she looks healthy now. If she gets a lollypop head or follow VB Ill completely give up on her.

15. pipsqueak August 9, 2010 at 18:34 #

I love this look! I don’t like wedges but I’m fine with them here. Lea has definitely lost weight since the start of the show. She looked absolutely lovely. Also nice to see her smiling face and riddance of the beehive updo.

16. JJ3 August 9, 2010 at 18:34 #

I think she looks like a drag queen. All that hair, makeup, slutty dress, too much tan. She’s sooo much prettier on the show, normal clothes, soft makeup, nice hair.

17. Alice August 9, 2010 at 18:37 #

She lost a LOT of weight. She looks amazing!! I’m actually starting to get over my Lea hate with this and last week’s outfit.

18. Jennifer August 9, 2010 at 21:26 #

I was just about to say how sick I am of short tight dresses, and sooo predictable for an awards ceremony like the Teen Choice Awards, and then I saw this. I LOVE how the nude background just blends into her skin making the print pop out, almost like it’s been painted on her! The smile just makes the look too.

19. Raquel August 10, 2010 at 02:32 #

Ice skater!

20. mochababe73 August 10, 2010 at 03:12 #

Hate is such a strong word, but I REALLY hate those shoes.
    I am not convinced. The dress is too short and too tight a la Blake Lively. I wish that she had worn the runway version.
    Love the nude clutch.

21. kiwi August 10, 2010 at 06:07 #

Love the dress and on her.. hate the shoes.. too heavy and completely wrong.. else she would have been my best dressed

22. Tropi August 12, 2010 at 21:45 #

Great dress, great look, but she’s lost so much weight since Glee started that she looks very, very weird to me. She should have stayed on Broadway and healthy, rather than come to H’Wood and get starlet syndrome.

23. Sophia August 18, 2010 at 13:17 #

I have to say that I LOVE the dress and I like the shoes but something’s wrong about this outfit and I have no idea what… ^_^