“Middle Men” LA Premiere – Selma Blair In Stella McCartney

It’s been a very long while since we last saw Selma Blair on the red carpet, so I was happy to see her at the “Middle Men” LA Premiere yesterday.

The actress wore a Stella McCartney LBD from the designers Fall 2010 collection.

Her black tube dress with a sheer organza overlay is simple yet it makes my heart flutter because it’s so very pretty.

I love her simple styling too.

She wore Alexander McQueen Heart peep-toe pumps which have a yellow platform with a black bracelet and a burgundy clutch.

The hair really pulls this look together.  Her cute retro curls really gives her look a lot of character.

Definitely a BDOTW contender for me.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Giorgia Sinicorni In Vionnet - '3 Coeurs' Venice Film Festival Premiere

Giorgia Sinicorni In Vionnet – ’3 Coeurs’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

2010 Teen Choice Awards - Emma Roberts In Brian Reyes

2010 Teen Choice Awards – Emma Roberts In Brian Reyes

15 Responses to “Middle Men” LA Premiere – Selma Blair In Stella McCartney

1. mochababe73 August 6, 2010 at 17:11 #

I have always thought that Selma Blair was so pretty. Even though this is a simple black dress with a sheer overlay, she looks very pretty.
    I’m on the fence about the hair, make-up, and lack of necklace.

• Fashion Critic August 6, 2010 at 17:14 #

no necklace works perfectly for me

• mochababe73 August 6, 2010 at 17:32 #

That’s why I’m on the fence. I like it because it’s clean and simple which I what I gravitate towards. But I guess we are so used to seeing celebs so blinged out that we almost lose our appreciation for simplicity.

2. Anna August 6, 2010 at 19:22 #

Love this. Great styling for an LBD, very classy and so simple with a little colour on accessories. BDOTW worthy indeed!
    Love how the dress look better on her with a bit of curves than on the model!

3. pipsqueak August 6, 2010 at 19:24 #

Love, love, love Selma Blair’s style! She’s the epitome of a Marc Jacobs girl. I’ve missed her on the red carpet. She’s definitely my BDOTW this week. I love McCartney’s fall 2010 collection except the striped sweater and dress, which make me think of a bumble bee dipped in caramel.

• LeeAnn August 6, 2010 at 20:48 #

LOL I had my name down for the stripped sweater which is actually wool but like a jacket -it is incredably unflattering-tried it on yesterday. i like the white top with pockets over black trousers tho.

4. mol August 6, 2010 at 19:53 #

This could very well be my BDOTW – perfect in every way, breath of fresh air

5. Z FASHION BLOG August 6, 2010 at 20:02 #

That Stella dress is gorgeous!
    The only thing that doesn’t work for me is the clutch.
    I would have prefered a total black look with this dress.

6. Marvel August 6, 2010 at 22:52 #

I do like how simple the dress is and she let the dress shone. Ive never noticed this before but she looks a lot like Neve Campbell.

7. lou August 6, 2010 at 23:28 #

This look is too plain for me I’m afraid… both on the runway and on Selma

8. Si August 7, 2010 at 00:17 #

I think it looks a little weird on the breast! It fells like it`s tight there!

• melyd August 7, 2010 at 12:11 #

i agree

• Emma August 8, 2010 at 05:30 #

I thought so too, but I think it might just be the pose. I’d love this if she weren’t so slouchy!

9. Maia August 9, 2010 at 04:25 #

I love this dress on Selma. She rarely makes fashion mistakes ( I cant think of any) and she continues to win with this look

10. Sophie August 9, 2010 at 07:54 #