“The Late Show with David Letterman” – Julia Roberts In Stella McCartney

Julia Roberts appeared on “The Late Show with David Letterman” on Wednesday night to promote her new drama, “Eat Pray Love.”

The Oscar winning actress said that she thinks she’s too old for romantic comedy movies.

As a 42-year-old married mother of five-year-old twins she said, “I think I’m too old for those silly situations of unrequited love! It becomes less plausible when you’re in the 40s to be walking down in the hallways because a boy walks by! I’ve read a couple lately that are more original and more mature, but they just didn’t seem to fit for me.”

The star ditched her usual head-to-toe black to wear a black and white Stella McCartney Resort 2011 ensemble on the show.

Her look included a white Stella McCartney blazer with black lapels which were paired with a black top, black Stella McCartney tapered pants and black sandals.

I was expecting her whole promotional tour to be all black, so to start off with a touch of white could be a sign of more colourful things to come but I very much doubt it.

Emilia Fox In Temperley London - The Radio Academy Awards

Emilia Fox In Temperley London – The Radio Academy Awards

Project Runway Season 8, Episode 2 - Heidi Klum In Chloé

Project Runway Season 8, Episode 2 – Heidi Klum In Chloé

9 Responses to “The Late Show with David Letterman” – Julia Roberts In Stella McCartney

1. Marvel August 6, 2010 at 12:16 #

I am not holding my breath for her wearing a non-black colour. I like this look but hate the heels. Far too ‘Russel Crowe in Gladiators’ for me.

2. Z Fashion Blog August 6, 2010 at 12:38 #

It’s very elegant but I’d love her to wear something more colourful.

3. gossip_bangkok August 6, 2010 at 13:01 #

I love love love her shoes!

4. Lee Ann August 6, 2010 at 13:20 #

Firstly let me apologise because I am going to rant about the fashion and not if I like it on the person who is wearing it. Stella McCartney is completely overrated. I am amazed that Phoebe Philo has not sued Stells’s butt off for using tracing paper when she designed this collection. This blaser is almost a carbon copy of Celine’s SS@10.
    AAhh feel much better.

• mochababe73 August 6, 2010 at 17:28 #

I agree with you. This jacket is another reason why I am not a fan of Stella McCartney.
      Her line is overrated. Her handbags are outrageously expensive for “vegan leather”, and most of them are ugly. I’m sure that Julia’s stylist pushed this on her.

5. pipsqueak August 6, 2010 at 16:09 #

I can’t decide whether the shoes are ugly and made her feet look big or her feet are big and made the shoes look ugly. Either way, I like the ensemble sans the feet part. I like the brunette Julia so much better. “Eat Pray Love” looks like an awful movie – a self-help cheesefest for people who watch Oprah.

6. Dr Rand Pink August 10, 2010 at 13:38 #

Hi Stella! Love you! ttfn

7. Late show August 10, 2010 at 14:13 #

It’s called The Late Show with David Letterman. Not late night!

8. Susan November 16, 2010 at 18:21 #

The only reason Stella McCartney has a fashion line at all is because of who her father is. Her fashions are tacky and unfinished and primarily unflattering to all.