ESSENCE Magazine’s 40th Anniversary – Iman In Victoria Beckham

The forever young Iman looked every inch a supermodel as she celebrated the 40th anniversary of Essence magazine with an appearance at the New York Stock Exchange yesterday.

We all admire her for her impeccable styling, and she didn’t let us down looking a vision of sophistication wearing a red Victoria Beckham Fall 2010 dress.

Her dress was paired with black Louboutin peep-toes and beautiful gold belt which complemented her jewelry and her overall glow.

Can you believe Mrs Bowie is 55?

She appears on the historic cover for the September 2010 issue with Naomi Campbell (40) and Liya Kebede (32) looking as young as they do.

BDOTW? For me yes.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Project Runway Season 8, Episode 2 - Heidi Klum In Chloé

Project Runway Season 8, Episode 2 – Heidi Klum In Chloé

"Middle Men" LA Premiere - Selma Blair In Stella McCartney

“Middle Men” LA Premiere – Selma Blair In Stella McCartney

22 Responses to ESSENCE Magazine’s 40th Anniversary – Iman In Victoria Beckham

1. Dorian Gray August 6, 2010 at 16:16 #

For me too

2. Mar August 6, 2010 at 16:29 #

Naomi looks very different on the cover – At first I didn’t realised it was her.

I agree with you, Iman look always fabulous (and very young). This dress lookg great against her sking color. Great choice!

3. bettybrandenburg August 6, 2010 at 16:31 #

FC, really: you cannot be surprised they all look the same age. It’s called airbrushing :-)

• Fashion Critic August 6, 2010 at 16:43 #

haha… :D

4. Fashion Interlude August 6, 2010 at 16:34 #

I would have loved a different shoe, but YES, BDOTW contender for sure.

How she can pull off these precisely fitted dresses at 55 is a wonder. keep it up.

• LeeAnn August 6, 2010 at 20:36 #

its called exercise and genetics and discipline.

5. Hannah August 6, 2010 at 16:35 #

I was getting so bored of VB dresses, but I love i ton Iman, she isever young, as you said, and elegant an dregal. She looks stunning, putting young stars to shame. BDOTW.

• Hannah August 7, 2010 at 01:33 #

another hting is I LVOE the jason wu dress liya is wearing on the cover, I always imaginied this dress on taylor swift!

6. JOY August 6, 2010 at 16:41 #

Beautiful!

7. Alyssa August 6, 2010 at 16:51 #

is it me or does naomi campbell just look… not so good? seroiusly, she looks like lil kim on this cover.

8. Monkey August 6, 2010 at 16:57 #

Naomi looks very bloated…

but Iman looks great!

9. mochababe73 August 6, 2010 at 17:14 #

Until I read the comments, I didn’t realize that was Naomi Campbell on the cover. Wow! I didn’t recognize her.
    Iman looks great. The dress is pretty, but I guess that I am the only one that thinks the dress is too tight around the hips. Not fitted. Tight.

• LeeAnn August 6, 2010 at 20:40 #

nope I think it looks too tight also but having just bought a VB dress -the emerald green one-can say that they are designed to be like that -in real life more flattering.

• LeeAnn August 6, 2010 at 20:44 #

but rather dull and poorly made

• Linda August 7, 2010 at 00:28 #

Do you not think fashion expert writers would not have called her out by now if the dresses were poorly made? She is on something like her 4th collection, and the rave reviews continue. And countless A-list celebs have worn them, Iman is now on her 2nd VB dress at a public event.

• Lilflowa August 7, 2010 at 01:20 #

I agree with Linda. I highly doubt the dresses are “poorly” made as the fashion world would take that opportunity to criticize her Four seasons ago.

We all know they and the media were like vultures just WAITING to tear her apart. Her dresses has clearly silenced them.

10. Lilflowa August 6, 2010 at 17:31 #

She looks absolutely GORGEOUS! would love an untagged backshot of the dress. The VB trademark zips is what i think make each look hot!

The cover looks great aswell…maybe its those highlights that naomi has in…gives her the lil kim look lol

11. mol August 6, 2010 at 19:48 #

Gorgeous woman yes, just not feeling the hair…..but love the dress and I too would love to have seen a back shot!

12. LeeAnn August 6, 2010 at 20:44 #

didn’t anyone see Naomi on the news last night- if you had it is clear that she has been playing in the filler sandbox. Her lips are unnaturally huge. Vile creature.

13. Marvel August 6, 2010 at 22:50 #

I do like the belt paired with the dress but I cant handle the shoes. So unimaginative for Iman.

Naomi looks unrecognisable on the cover.

14. LeeAnn August 7, 2010 at 10:35 #

A lot of designer clothes are poorly made Marc Jacobs, Prada , Giorgio Armani come to mind, There were a few articles about the quality of her designs . Liz Jones wrote one last year citing how poorly they were made. All that I can say is compared to DIOR or Oscar they are not made as well and by that I mean seams need tacking down, threads hanging out -which shouldn’t happen on dresses costing over 1 thousand quid. I have no ax to grind with VB but having shelled out the money on her dress I think I am in a good position to give my experience as I am not just looking at a picture. i touched,tried on and bought the dress.
    I bought the dress because the colour is stunning , it is flattering on the body albeit tight through the hips and not something I own.I probably won’t buy another one though.
    Also please understand many if not all of these woman are given their dresses for free because VB does not have an advertising budget for magazine campaigns and gains her publicity effectively this way or they are clients of her backer and they wear them as a quid for quo.

15. GorgeousSpice August 7, 2010 at 11:14 #

Naomi looks bad. If she sees this photo she will throw a phone at the next person. They didn’t do her justice.