Who Wore Balmain Better? Sienna Miller, Patricia Conde or Bae Doo Na

Sienna Miller was the first to wear this Balmain Spring 2010 distressed dress straight off the runway, when she attended the “After Miss Julie” Broadway Opening Night After Party in New York City last October.

I was really disappointed that someone like Sienna could make this edgy dress look so blah.

Actress Patricia Conde wore the same dress recently with gold peep-toes to the ‘GQ and Ermenegildo Zegna Elegant Men of The Year’ Awards in Madrid last month.

Her dress was modified from the runway as the slashed parts of the dress were filled in.

Actress Bae Doo Na also wore the modified version when she attended the press conference for TV drama “Gloria” with Balmain boots.

Bae easily wins for me as her boots keeps the dress edgy, whereas Sienna and Patrica played it safe.

Credit: Style.com, MyDaily & Getty

In Nicky Hilton's Closet - Alexander Wang Zipper Sunglasses

In Nicky Hilton’s Closet – Alexander Wang Zipper Sunglasses

13th Annual Super Saturday Event

13th Annual Super Saturday Event

14 Responses to Who Wore Balmain Better? Sienna Miller, Patricia Conde or Bae Doo Na

1. Grace August 4, 2010 at 10:22 #

Bae > Conde > Miller.

Bae looks very nonchalant chic sexy. As Balmain should be worn .

2. Adela August 4, 2010 at 10:36 #

Abbey Lee wore it better

• Hannah August 5, 2010 at 00:05 #

Totally agree, these girls either don’t have the right attitude or colouring to pull this dress off. Abeey Lee looks MUCH better, it looks like a different dress on her.

3. marta August 4, 2010 at 11:50 #

Patricia is not an actress, she is a presenter, really funny btw :)
    I think she wore it better, and i love her shoes!

4. Edoardo August 4, 2010 at 12:22 #

I thinkt hat SIenna looks amazing with this dress…in Fact the Patricia’s one (without the holes…) is too easy and Bae Doo Na is very ugly with that shoes…

5. Gaber August 4, 2010 at 12:29 #

Patricia.
    Solely on her sex appeal.
    Sienna and Bae look lost in the dress.

6. Jasmine August 4, 2010 at 13:16 #

At the risk of being unfair to Bae, I think I’d like to have seen her boots on Sienna. The slashes added something to the dress.

7. Bleka Tänderna August 4, 2010 at 14:15 #

It really requires an hour-glass body to nail that look, and Patricia Conde got it right! Her shoes got some 60′s vibe which makes it even more sexier!

8. Linda August 4, 2010 at 14:25 #

This dress apparently only works with boots.

Bae is the only person who makes that dress look good. Paired without boots it just looks wrong. On Sienna it looks like a figure skater dress and on Patricia I guess it looks decent, but definitely not great.

I never thought I’d see anyone make this dress look good, so Bae all the way.

• Anna August 4, 2010 at 16:30 #

Agree – and I was wondering what it reminded me of – figure skating dress!! Well done! :)

Love the slashes, and prefer it with the boots.

9. Si August 4, 2010 at 18:23 #

I’m a huge fan of Sienna’s style and to me nothing looks blah on her!

10. Ev August 4, 2010 at 21:17 #

Personally, I think all three of them look kind of bad or wrong in this dress. Sienna’s shoes ruined her look for me (and beored me to tears), the dress looks way too short on Patricia Conde and I feel there’s somethimg wrong with pairing this dress with the type of boots that Bae Doo Na wore (plus I don’t like her hair). Maybe some chic but edgy ankle boots would be a better match for this dress.
    Even though I don’t like the dress itself I think it looks much better in the runway version.

11. staramour August 5, 2010 at 03:56 #

FC – Before I read your comments, I think about what you would say. I was surprised you didn’t comment on the cross-body purse. But, I loved BDN’s boots like you said :) and that, for me, is the edgiest, most rockin’ interpretation of the dress. I know it’s just one snapshot, but her pose helps communicate attitude, too.

• Fashion Critic August 5, 2010 at 07:29 #

Funny you say that because it was the first thing to come to my mind

I think it slipped my mind as I was putting the post together