Menu

Jennifer Aniston For Harper’s Bazaar US September 2010

No one will be surprised to see Jennifer Aniston on a September cover.

I’m not exactly sure what her count is, but it wouldn’t surprise me if we are now in double figures.

The actress graces 2 covers of the Harper’s Bazaar US September 2010 issue (left is the subscribers cover).

If your first thought was Barbara Streisand is on the cover of the black and white picture you’d be half right, as Jennifer’s editorial was inspired by the iconic actress.

What I obviously love about this editorial is that Jennifer is waaaayy out of her comfort-zone.

Congrats to the Harper’s Bazaar team and photographer Mark Seliger for daring to show us a different side to Jennifer.

From the hair, to the clothes and overall styling I love everything about this editorial, because if I’d seen one picture of Jen with her flowing hair on a beach I would’ve lost it.

On the black and white cover she wears Derek Lam, but the rest of her editorial she’s playful in Giambattista Valli, dainty in Dior, sultry in Donna Karan and golden in Gianfranco Ferré.

You can read her whole interview at harpersbazaar.com.

Here are some extracts:

On what she’s learned from Barbra Streisand: “You don’t have to stop at one thing. You can do it all if you want to.”

On being in the spotlight: “[Barbra and I] are people who have been put in the spotlight, for better or for worse, and you just keep riding, and you keep overcoming.”

On looking up to Streisand: “Barbra inspires me because there isn’t anything she hasn’t done that she wanted to do, especially as a female in the time when her generation was prime. She’s a true renais­sance woman. . . I had a long conversation with Barbra about directing because I directed a short a couple years ago, and if I don’t do it again soon, I’m going to burst out of my skin. And we also love interior design.”

On first meeting Barbara at a New Year’s party recently: “I’ve loved her since I was a kid, and all of a sudden there she is, and she’s just like someone you’ve always known. You know when you meet people you idolize and then you walk away from the conversation thinking, ‘Well, that was a disappointment; they were kinder and more fabulous in my mind’? Well, she was wonderful, and you could talk to her about anything. . . So, I happened to be talking to her and Jim [Streisand’s husband, James Brolin] when it struck midnight. They said, ‘Excuse us,’ kissed each other, and then, very politely, kissed me.”

Credit: Style.com & Mark Seliger for Harper’s Bazaar

"Into the Hoods" - Thandie Newton In Isabel Marant

“Into the Hoods” – Thandie Newton In Isabel Marant

Brian Atwood Fall 2010 – “It’s All About The Heel”

Brian Atwood Fall 2010 – “It’s All About The Heel”

35 Responses to Jennifer Aniston For Harper’s Bazaar US September 2010

1. Raquel August 6, 2010 at 05:52 #

Great editorial – for her – but, well, Barbra is Barbra. Period.

2. Jen August 6, 2010 at 03:13 #

a very fun editorial, but that hat with th leopard coat (that you’ve got second to last) bugs me for being totally the wrong shape.

3. DM August 6, 2010 at 02:40 #

OMFG AMAZING!

4. LizLemooooon August 5, 2010 at 17:01 #

Soooo in love with the fashion but tbh am not impressed by Jennifer Aniston. She’s very generic looking, pretty but not that special whereas Barbara especially when she was younger is a unique beauty. I love Babs blue eyes and that caramel hair and that VOICE gawjus. Why didn’t they just do a photoshoot with Barbara Streisand?!

5. Leti August 5, 2010 at 15:07 #

Great editorial. Also, I love her with short hair! Wish she’d get a haircut.

6. Z Fashion Blog August 5, 2010 at 13:16 #

Totally love the editorial.

The Giambattista dress is my favourite.

7. lisa August 5, 2010 at 09:55 #

Any one else think she should cut her hair short like in the shot where she is wearing the Gianfranco Ferre?

8. Chrysa August 5, 2010 at 09:13 #

Absolutely amazing photos!!!
    Jennifer is has a totally different image here!

Urban Chic

9. wilwarin August 5, 2010 at 09:09 #

i must say lovely clothes but even in this editorial she bores me to death…

10. kiwi August 5, 2010 at 05:53 #

Stunning and different

11. mm August 5, 2010 at 01:08 #

Wow, i am very impressed, love the editorial, thank goodness HB did something new with Jennifer.

12. Hannah August 4, 2010 at 23:59 #

As much as I adore that the shoot itself was out of her comfort zone, the clothes aren’t as much as I hoped they would be, mostly black or nudes (thegold is ALMOST nude). It may be a breath of fresh air, and I do love that itisn’t as herself as itcould ahve been, I just wish that it was a fresher breath of air, an dhas less ringing similaritiesto what she wears. They could ahve gone colour, but I do think sh elooks beautiful and I do prefer it much more to the beach looks she always gets.

13. Beatrice August 4, 2010 at 20:15 #

I truly adore her cover and editorial. The choice of clothes are excellent, she looks stunning in that Dior gown

14. laura D August 4, 2010 at 20:05 #

I would love to see her take some of this into her real life – some of the more daring and fun clothes. They would suit her, and not be so safe all the time. (Which might also make her a better actress – she needs to take more risks!)

15. frknielsen August 4, 2010 at 19:49 #

Love the Dior photo – stunning editorial…

16. mol August 4, 2010 at 18:16 #

I echo the praise for this stunning editorial – love the sepia toned image (in a church?) And the Donna Karan image with the full range of greys throuigh to black, the set of the giambattista Valli – just everything! On a side note, I’m not completely convinced by Jennifer’s portrayal of Barbara, she lacks a strong profile to pull it off, her body is perfect for all the clothes though and the last shot of her in a cap is the most successful amalgamation of herself as she is with the character she is trying to be, love that one. Thanks for this F.C.!

17. Dorian Gray August 4, 2010 at 18:07 #

Great shooting! Was she dressing Versace on the colorful cover?

18. Ally August 4, 2010 at 18:05 #

I never would have connected Jennier and Barbra, but she really channels her well. Is she playing her in a biopic or something? The subscriber’s cover is amazing.

19. Vidhya August 4, 2010 at 17:58 #

Jaws dropping and smashing on the floor… that was a STUNNING editorial.. she looks amazing.. the styling is amazing.. the clothes are amazing..
    to the people who called her a bland actress… so was sandra bullock till she got the blind side.. her time will come..
    till then.. hats off jen .. for coming out of ur comfort zone 🙂

• Taylor August 5, 2010 at 01:05 #

Agree 100%

20. Marvel August 4, 2010 at 17:53 #

She looks great and really embodies Barbara.
    Can someone tell me why are September covers so important?

I would love to see her wear any of these brands on the Red Carpet and start to break out of Valentino

21. seggie August 4, 2010 at 17:37 #

It’s great to see Jen in a different light, the editorial is great but she kinda looks more like SJP than Streisand. Refreshing job!

22. evanthe August 4, 2010 at 17:11 #

Wow, can I say I’m impressed???

23. shruti August 4, 2010 at 17:10 #

Thank you so much for uploading these pictures. She looks stunning! Just beautiful!

• shruti August 4, 2010 at 17:14 #

The Valli is so damn cute! And the Ferre is just golden! Absolutely love this editorial!

24. cassie August 4, 2010 at 17:08 #

This is absolutely gorgeous! Absolutely stunning editorial. That Donna Karan picture is so unbelievably beautiful. And both covers are just gorgeous! Very very very well done. She looks breathtaking in all those pictures. The last picture is very Jennifer and she looks amazing.

25. Mark August 4, 2010 at 16:52 #

What’s the connection between Jennifer and Barbra…?

26. camelias August 4, 2010 at 16:48 #

OMG she really looks like Barbra!!

27. Courteney August 4, 2010 at 16:38 #

She looks like an Olsen twin. To me at least.

28. sara August 4, 2010 at 16:35 #

in the photo of the subscribers cover, i thought she was ashley olsen!!

29. Jeremy August 4, 2010 at 16:26 #

This is a well done editorial. Although it irks me to see Jennifer channels Barbara. One is a very bland actress who cannot get out of her sitcom character, the other is a very colorful singer, actress, director and producer. Wonder why does the HB’s team come up with this idea..

• easyBlake August 4, 2010 at 16:44 #

Yes, it’s unfortunate Jennifer Aniston had to channel another more interesting celebrity to look this good.

30. Maya August 4, 2010 at 16:19 #

is it just me or she looked more like Jennifer Lopez?

31. Mar August 4, 2010 at 16:18 #

I adore the Donna Karan dress – it looks amazing on her. And I also love the hair styling. It’s really refreshing seeing her on a new style!

32. ude August 4, 2010 at 16:16 #

SO happy to have seen this
    even though the pictures are in black and white i know she wore colour