Brian Atwood Fall 2010 – “It’s All About The Heel”

During Fall 2010 Milan Fashion Week, I visited the Brian Atwood studio to view his Fall 2010 collection.

As I breathlessly scanned the hundreds of pumps, boots, sandals and ankle boots on display one thing instantly stood out.

“It’s All About The Heel.”

Each piece had something decorative on the heel to make it stand out.

Diamante, chains, contrasting coloured heels, bows, and snake-skin heels added a touch of flair and vitality to the collection.

I really appreciated this detail because not only does it make the collection truly distinctive, but it also gives Atwood his signature for the season therefore making his heels easily identifiable for me.

Celebs love Atwood’s decorative heels.

Victoria Beckham wore Atwood’s ‘RZ’ boots which have a chain detail down the back. She also loves his nude ‘Drama’ pumps with a black heel. Nicole Scherzinger is a fan too.

Megan Fox wore Atwood’s ‘Donna’ patent pumps and Ashley Greene recently wore Atwood’s Bordeaux suede ‘Cristal’ heels with a gold ribbons.

Heels just got sexy thanks to Brian Atwood.

[nggallery id=626]

Credit: Fame Pictures, Bauer Griffin & Getty

Jennifer Aniston For Harper's Bazaar US September 2010

Jennifer Aniston For Harper’s Bazaar US September 2010

Who Wore Gucci Better? Radha Mitchell or Zhang Ziyi

Who Wore Gucci Better? Radha Mitchell or Zhang Ziyi

12 Responses to Brian Atwood Fall 2010 – “It’s All About The Heel”

1. Cheryl August 4, 2010 at 18:09 #

I want one of them chain heels!!! Gorgeous!!!

2. Redseouls August 4, 2010 at 18:43 #

Good grief! Now I’ll be obsessing over the chain heel shoes. They are spectacular!

3. Fashion Interlude August 4, 2010 at 21:47 #

I love VB is always ahead of the curve, she started wearing these obsessively like Loubertons and now they are becoming a favorite, and with reason, they are stunners! And i just believe i havent see an Trib Two pump in ages.

4. lisa August 5, 2010 at 03:53 #

I really dislike Atwoods now, given the extreme exposure that celebs give to these shoes. Wagners and Maniac pumps are becoming the Trib 2s of this year.

I think there are so many more innovative and creative designers out there that these celeb stylists need to be wetting their feet with. Diego Dolcini, more Gisueppe Zannotti, take a risk with some Kirkwoods for goddsakes.

Atwood is just not doing it for me anymore.

• JessNess August 5, 2010 at 08:48 #

I have to strongly disagree, Atwood is the only one doing it for me

Nearly all Kirkwood’s are exactly the same, Zanotti’s are all studded hardly innovative.

• lisa August 5, 2010 at 21:29 #

I agree that all the Kirkwoods and Zanottis that celebs wear look the same. But if you look at the actual selections, especially from past seasons, they are really varied.

5. mochababe73 August 5, 2010 at 05:14 #

Unfortunately, I can’t wear heels that high because of my flat feet. If I could, those animal print and chain shoes would grace my feet.
    The top row of shoes just look cheap.

6. Lalitha August 5, 2010 at 08:30 #

Droolworthy! Upon seeing the shoes, I happened to fall in love and climaxed at the same time!

7. gossip_bangkok August 5, 2010 at 11:13 #

I love VB’s boots. So jealous of you!

8. lisa August 5, 2010 at 12:34 #

I really don’t see the appeal. The ones at the top look like something you would get at a cheap market.

9. Z Fashion Blog August 5, 2010 at 13:16 #

Not much into his work.
    Too many decorations for my taste.

10. robbie August 5, 2010 at 14:58 #

the ones with the crystals are nice but the rest are rather blah. he is very overrated i keep reading people comparing him to manolo blahnik or christian louboutin sadly he isnt even in the same ball park as those 2.