“The Other Guys” New York Premiere – Eva Mendes In Oscar de la Renta

Eva Mendes joined co-stars Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg on the red carpet in New York last night for the premiere of their new movie, “The Other Guys.”

I really struggled with Eva’s Oscar de la Renta Resort 2011 look.

After reading on the Oscar de la Renta website that the skirt on her light grey dress was detachable, I kinda wish she had detached it.

But then this would just be a plain grey pencil dress and lord knows we’re tired of pencil dresses (thanks VB).

Had the skirt been more poufy like the model and not so flat on Eva, maybe I wouldn’t have struggled so much.

The major downside are those Sergio Rossi slingbacks.

I wish she’s taken inspiration from the runway and opted for a less heavy gold heel.

Are you on the fence like me, or are you certain that you love it or hate it?

I had no such problems with my feelings for the Oscar de la Renta dress Eva wore to the after party.

Love and lust spring to mind.

Her gorgeous watercolour print dress was paired with Brian Atwood blush suede “Contessa” pumps.

[nggallery id=625]

Credit: Style.com, Fame Pictures & Getty

2010 Grey Goose Entertainment & BET's "Rising Icons" Series - Estelle In Doo.Ri

2010 Grey Goose Entertainment & BET’s “Rising Icons” Series – Estelle In Doo.Ri

In Cameron Diaz' Closet - YSL Military Dress

In Cameron Diaz’ Closet – YSL Military Dress

22 Responses to “The Other Guys” New York Premiere – Eva Mendes In Oscar de la Renta

1. Ally August 3, 2010 at 15:17 #

The Oscar de la Renta looks like she tied two pillows around her waist. Just odd. She should have just worn her after-party dress to the premiere.

2. Alina August 3, 2010 at 15:31 #

I think my problem with the first look is the dress itself not Eva wearing it. That thing on the hips is so unnecessary.The dress would have been elegant and classy without it.If she had worn it without that thing and in a bold colour + an interesting pair of shoes , it could have been so much better.

The second look is so beautiful that I even consider it for BDOTW.

• Carolina August 3, 2010 at 17:03 #

agree with everything stated and i wish she would tie her hair slick back like that less and style it down more

3. Jennifer August 3, 2010 at 15:39 #

I actually think the dresss looks way better on Eva than on the model, it actually fits her! She did wear the dress without the skirt during the afternoon, on her way to the premiere, and it was too bland for a premiere.. I like the way the skirt sits out at the back, it’s very 1950’s Hollywood.

4. Giuseppi August 3, 2010 at 15:39 #

I’m right with you actually- I just can’t say much for the Oscar de la Renta but that floral print is adorable.

5. tlm August 3, 2010 at 16:17 #

Wow, I am just shocked at the comments. I adore the Oscar grey dress on Eva, and I think it looked better on her than on the model. If the skirt were “poufier”, as someone wanted, it would have been distracting. I thought hers was elegant and just puffed enough. Loved the Sergio Rossi shoes with it.

I absolutely hate the watercolor dress. It is nothing remarkable, and to me looks like it could be a very cheap dress even though I’m sure it isn’t. I think the print is not pretty at all, and the shoes to me are unremarkable. She kept the jewelry from the original dress on, which really didn’t go with this second dress, either.

6. tlm August 3, 2010 at 16:18 #

I am dying to know about those green shoes worn by someone standing behind Eva. Love them!!!

7. dressaddict August 3, 2010 at 16:21 #

I love the Oscar dress and in some other pictures it actually looks fluffier, with more volume. I like the second dress too. Great choices for Eva lately.

8. Ivanna August 3, 2010 at 16:29 #

FC, the Dailymail has pictures of her wearing the dress with the skirt part detached it seems as though she only put on the skirt for the premiere your right it just becomes a plain pencil dress

• Fashion Critic August 3, 2010 at 16:33 #

thanks, but I hate the Daily Mail with a passion so I’ll link pictures from elsewhere

9. sara August 3, 2010 at 16:31 #

ok i like the dress, i think it’s very ladylike and cute…but i’d prefer she had worn different shoes and different hair…i’ve an image in my mind: natural hair like the model, red lips and red shoes…or shock pink shoes á la sjp!!

10. mimi August 3, 2010 at 16:35 #

I hate the oscar de la renta dress on her, it looks so unflattering.

11. Beatriz Duarte August 3, 2010 at 17:21 #

Is she able to breathe in the Oscar dress?

I really love the second one, very summery and pretty.

12. chryssa August 3, 2010 at 19:55 #

for the first look i love the dress and the fit(way better than the model’s) but what a shame about the shoes…i absolutely love the second look head to toe…

13. Taylor August 3, 2010 at 20:57 #

The poof makes the dress more interesting and it’s a better fit on Eva than the model but the black shoes were off. Second look is just heavenly, from head to toe.

14. reem August 3, 2010 at 21:46 #

My problem is with eva, she dresses nicely, but i feel the clothes doesnt suite her… too girly style..and she’s far from being girly

15. zoe August 3, 2010 at 23:22 #

even though the dress does look like she tied a comforter or some kind of bed trimming to her waist, i am loving it. it is unexpected and elegant and eva is rocking it. i loved it at first site and was actually hoping to see it for bdotw

16. Marvel August 3, 2010 at 23:57 #

I adore the second dress (not sure who it’s by. Ive read on one site that it was Dior but on another site they said Oscar)

Agree with everything you said regarding her first look. I dont think anyone could pull that off

17. mochababe73 August 4, 2010 at 03:52 #

The first dress is just ugly. From the train to the putty color was a complete miss. If you took the train off then you would have a plain, clay colored sheath.
    Love the colors on the second dress. They really flatter her skin tone. I wish she had done more with her make-up.

18. kiwi August 4, 2010 at 08:26 #

The first dress itself is awful. I just hate it.. I don’t mind theshoes.. different shoes would not have saved this dress. i also dislike her updo in this one. The second look is perfection and depending on how the week goes, BDOTW

19. gossip_bangkok August 4, 2010 at 09:45 #

Normally, I love Oscar de la Renta dress, however, I just hate it. It looks like two airbags between a pencil dress. I don’t mind the heels at all. However, it’s the dress that kills me. I would prefer seeing the two pillows detached and have a boring pencil dress. LOL

As for her afterparty dress, I like it.

20. dora August 5, 2010 at 04:52 #

Does anyone know what brand her after party dress is ?
    thanks.