03.08.10

Olivia Palermo For ASOS Magazine

Olivia Palermo has been dubbed the ‘Queen of Street Style’ by ASOS magazine.

Whilst many of you will disagree with that statement, I’m sure – even secretly – you admire her style.

In her interview with Francesca Babb we discover that you shouldn’t believe everything you see on television – like I’ve said many times before – and on ‘The City’ there’s a dark side to her fashion dealings.

You can read her full interview at ASOS.com.

Below are a few extracts:

On the reputation The City has given her: “It’s unfortunate. But I think that people understand what they see on that show is not who I am. It’s not accurate. I’m funny. I’m enthusiastic and I’m not a negative person. I always try and look for the good in things.”

On her favorite place to people watch in NYC: “Bryant Park during Fashion Week is pretty entertaining. You should just walk around everywhere in the city, though – don’t focus on going to Times Square, don’t be such a tourist. Make sure you really get to see each neighborhood because then you’ll really know what it’s like.”

On wanting to travel: “I love New York but when you’re young you should live in different places. In five years I’d like to be living in London with my boyfriend Johannes (Huebl).”

The editorial was shot in New York by ASOS Magazine/photographer Teshand.

What’s rare about this editorial is that we can shop some of her looks right now, like the ASOS wide brim fedora she wears on the cover from ASOS US and ASOS International.

ASOS contrast trim cape ASOS US and ASOS International.
Joie leather shorts Neiman Marcus

Navy ASOS wide brim fedora ASOS US and ASOS International.
ASOS biker maxi dress ASOS US and ASOS International
ASOS Alesha suede platform chelsea boots ASOS US and ASOS International.

ASOS Lace Trilby ASOS US and ASOS International

To find out more about Olivia’s style, and what inspires her check out the behind the scenes interview below.

Credit: ASOS Magazine/photographer Teshand

In Cameron Diaz' Closet - YSL Military Dress

In Cameron Diaz’ Closet – YSL Military Dress

In Kelly Ripa's Closet - Diane von Furstenberg Beige Taleen Dress

In Kelly Ripa’s Closet – Diane von Furstenberg Beige Taleen Dress

16 Responses to Olivia Palermo For ASOS Magazine

1. Little J August 3, 2010 at 17:41 #

Stunning! She really understands how to dress for her petite frame and constantly mixes high street with designer to suit *her* vision. That’s a style icon.

2. mol August 3, 2010 at 17:51 #

This is the first cover shot I’ve really loved in a long time – simple beautiful profile shot

3. LizLemooooon August 3, 2010 at 17:52 #

Looool girlfriend has no self awareness. She is a very nasty, spiteful person on the show and in real life. She’s manipulative and shallow and the show may be staged in points but the way she behaved and the way all her castmates openly feel about her isn’t fake.
    Anyway I admit that magazine cover is sooo gorgeous. very iconic. I like the white outfit and the leather shorts.

4. Melissa August 3, 2010 at 19:26 #

She should be seen and not heard. Who she is on The City is exactly who she is. I’ve never heard a nice thing about this girl.

5. amber August 3, 2010 at 20:02 #

wow her legs are so ridiculously photoshopped on Olivia’s New York City pg. but the cover is beautiful

6. guest August 3, 2010 at 20:18 #

omg she looks like Cheryl Cole here :)

• zoe August 3, 2010 at 22:44 #

she really does! i was going to say that but didn’t

• Skelly August 4, 2010 at 00:01 #

Definitely!!

7. wilwarin August 3, 2010 at 20:44 #

i absolutely love the cover and whole photoshoot, i still think there’s something off about her in that show and whole gives me some strange vibe…

8. mm August 3, 2010 at 21:29 #

Love Olivia’s style. The cover is the best shot. And i love the romper. But i think this is a poor shoot. Those sleepy shots are a no and her ankle boots look huge. Sorry cant see her wearing the chucks either

9. zoe August 3, 2010 at 22:44 #

omg olivia looks absolutely beautiful in all of the shots! i do love her style…but after watching the city i was so convinced that she was a complete meanie. and honestly i still don’t know who to believe on the whole olivia meanie, olivia nice thing…i can’t be convinced she is completely nice because if she is so nice how did they get so much footage of her being mean? and why agree to play a mean character if she is only playing the part? why can’t she just be herself then? i think olivia is capable of being nice, and is nice to people that will get her ahead but she’ll probably just be mean to people she knows aren’t superior to her or something.

10. Marvel August 3, 2010 at 23:52 #

I honestly dont envy her style. She seems that she wants to thrust her ‘fashionasta’ title down our throats.

I think she has as much style as a tea spoon

11. Skelly August 4, 2010 at 00:00 #

She’s definitely my style crush but i agree that the City producers can’t edit her to be that socially clueless. It’s not that she’s nasty, she just doesn’t seem to have respect for other people and when confronted with her behaviour (That scene with Whitney was legend) she can’t deal with it and acts like a complete child. Gorgeous cover shot though – love the pics of her in cons

12. Sue Jin August 4, 2010 at 00:07 #

she photographs beautifully.
    i couldnt even recognize her on the cover.

13. june August 4, 2010 at 02:12 #

the rumours of gossip girl basing blair on olivia? well, olivia looks so much like blair right here, so soft and pretty, that i’m pretty close to believing it.

14. mochababe73 August 4, 2010 at 03:48 #

I saw the show, and I don’t get why no one likes her. Maybe because I’m older, and I find her mature. Working in an office is a dog eat dog world, and I think that she handles herself well. The person I didn’t like was Erin. She was far more off-putting. She is not confident. If you can’t stomp with the big dogs then get off the porch.
    Love her style. Glad to see her on the cover.