On The Gossip Girl Set With Leighton Meester In Theory

Leighton Meester was spotting leaving the set of ‘Gossip Girl’ in New York City last week.

I was chuffed to bits to see Leighton carrying a very similar Celine Boston tote to the one I own.

Mine has olive green handles a beige panels on either side of the bag unlike the black panels on Leighton’s bag.

The rest of her look included a Theory Ashleigh shirt dress which she wore with a thin tan belt and Miu Miu platform slingbacks.

Has Leighton given up singing to play the guitar? Let’s hope so.

After another hard day on the GG set, Leighton was again spotted leaving carrying her guitar.

She wore a beige silk Anthropologie shirt with AG Adriano Goldschmied “The Slim” cargo pants which look similar to the J Brand “Houlihan” skinny cargo pants which are the most worn item by celebrities this year.

Her accessories were both by Derek Lam.

A roomy Derek Lam star quilted Blanche bag was paired with eggplant Derek Lam suede double-platform lace-up sandals.

Despite the heavy looking guitar, this is another cute laid back look for Leighton.

Credit: Fame Pictures & PacificCoastNews

"The Disappearance of Alice Creed" New York Screening - Gemma Arterton In Isabel Marant

“The Disappearance of Alice Creed” New York Screening – Gemma Arterton In Isabel Marant

Runway To Sidewalk - Mischa Barton In Miu Miu

Runway To Sidewalk – Mischa Barton In Miu Miu

16 Responses to On The Gossip Girl Set With Leighton Meester In Theory

1. Emma August 2, 2010 at 20:05 #

She looks great, but she is actually not wearing J Brand. She’s wearing AG Adriano Goldschmied.

She was out yesterday and wore an amazing bag that no one has been able to ID. It’s something for you FC!

• Fashion Critic August 2, 2010 at 20:16 #

thanks. You are right leighton’s don’t have the zip the J brands have

2. Danielle August 2, 2010 at 20:16 #

love the 1st look

3. vitcoria August 2, 2010 at 20:16 #

Isn’t that purse that she is carrying in the first photo a Hermes? It looks the one that I believe Ashley Olsen wore (hopefully remembering correctly). But it definitely looks like a Hermes….
    If the Celine Boston tote that you own is similar, can you tell me where you purchased it? I really love the look, but can’t afford that now…

• Fashion Critic August 2, 2010 at 20:18 #

I got it from Selfridges in London.

4. WendyB August 2, 2010 at 20:18 #

I was just hating on that shirt dress on another blog. To me it looks like what those polygamist ladies wear when they’re trying to be sex-ay. Look and don’t deny I’m right: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/17/polygamist-sects-a-furthe_n_97282.html

• Si August 3, 2010 at 15:22 #

Oh noo! I disagree! This just goes with the woman in men’s wear trend for me and Leighton looks good! I really want a shirt dress but haven’t found the perfect one yet

5. Marvel August 2, 2010 at 20:56 #

I do like the second look but Im lusting after her Miu Miu. Absolutely gorgeous!

6. mol August 2, 2010 at 22:06 #

I’m liking the leaving the set looks of both Leighton and Blake better than the more overdone looks of the show itself – must say though I’m more attracted to the Celine Boston bag color combo you describe FC, do love the shape of this bag overall.

7. ale August 2, 2010 at 22:21 #

two laid back and yet fashionable looks. i absolutely love the way she accessorized the shirt/dress. and the shoes are to die for!!!! great taste

8. mochababe73 August 2, 2010 at 23:00 #

LOVE the first look. She can go anywhere in it after she leaves the set. I don’t care for the bag, but I’m not a big bag person anyway.
    Not feeling the second look. Too many trends on one outfit which is a pet peeve of mine-skinny cargoes, platform lace-ups, and a chain strap, crossbody bag. I like each individual piece, but not altogether in one look.

9. Raquel August 3, 2010 at 03:38 #

She looks good, casual but fashionable and her age. Love it.

10. gossip_bangkok August 3, 2010 at 05:43 #

I love her layback look, however, I don’t really think it goes with the heels.

Love the first look as well

• Claire Kelly August 3, 2010 at 15:41 #

Yeah, I was thinking “laid back” and stilettos do not mix.

11. kiwi August 3, 2010 at 06:34 #

Love the first look. In the 2nd look, love the pants and the the shoes

12. Libby October 15, 2010 at 03:01 #

am I the only one that thinks that in the first outfit, it looks nothing like her!? especially in the picture on the left. she looks so old!
    but she looks normal and really pretty in the second one!