02.08.10

HFPA Annual Installation Luncheon – Nicole Kidman In Prada

We can always expect an ladylike appearance from Nicole Kidman and that’s what she gave us at the “Hollywood Foreign Press Association luncheon” last week.

The Australian actress wore a Prada ‘Print Collection’ dress.

The limited edition ‘Print Collection’ green pattern Prada dress was created using vintage fabrics from the Prada Archive.

You won’t be surprised to see Nicole wearing nude Christian Louboutin kitten heels with her beautiful dress.

As you know red hair + green dress = red carpet perfection so this is a great look for Nicole.

My only wish is that she’d worn a lighter coloured lip-shade.

Credit: Getty

Cate Blanchett In Chanel - 'How To Train Your Dragon 2' Sydney Premiere

Cate Blanchett In Chanel – ‘How To Train Your Dragon 2′ Sydney Premiere

2010 Emmy Awards - Rita Wilson In Prada

2010 Emmy Awards – Rita Wilson In Prada

20 Responses to HFPA Annual Installation Luncheon – Nicole Kidman In Prada

1. Moxie August 2, 2010 at 22:29 #

Lovely! Perfect for a luncheon.

2. pipsqueak August 2, 2010 at 22:51 #

I don’t like the current Nicole. She wears a lot of colors and prints that Anna Wintour would wear, but she’s 20+ years younger than Anna. She also wears much make-up. As a result, she looks country to me. Here she looks as if she were headed to a Good Housekeeping party. Her BFF Ms. Watts, on the other hand, has never looked better – edgier, chic-er, younger.

• Fiona August 3, 2010 at 00:30 #

Maybe there is something in that – Nicole is based in Nashville with Keith Urban now, whilst Naomi is in New York with Liev Schreiber. Perhaps subliminally they are inspired by their environments?

• pipsqueak August 3, 2010 at 15:49 #

Yes, I think we’re conditioned by our environments, including the way we dress. Certainly Nicole made the right decision to be based where Keith is. At the end of the day, personal happiness outweighs some fashion comments in the press. But that doesn’t change the fact that I don’t find her style exciting anymore.

• Hannah August 3, 2010 at 01:22 #

Totally agre, she’s becoem soo mumsy, i miss the chanel andthe drama, and I miss he rold face, without makeup, without botox, without lip enlargements. She may now be a genetic mother but she does not have to dress like one.

• Raquel August 3, 2010 at 03:36 #

I couldn’t agree more. I think you nailed it.

• Beatriz Duarte August 3, 2010 at 05:55 #

I was thinking about the same things, pipsqueak.

I can’t help but feel sorry for Nicole, because she used to be so beautiful (she is still very elegant, of course), but too much botox ruined her pretty face.

• chryssa August 3, 2010 at 11:47 #

i totally agree…whatever she wears nowadays i can’t help but stare at her face, can’t focus on clothes…

3. mol August 2, 2010 at 23:55 #

I don’t like the hair – it seems suited to a twenty something or other girl. The dress is super though. I agree with Pipsqueak re: Naomi – she has never looked better, love her

4. mochababe73 August 3, 2010 at 02:13 #

The dress is okay. I know that it’s a luncheon, but I would expect a little more from Nicole. Ever since getting married and having cute little Sunday, her fashion sense has gone down hill. Maybe she should take some fashion tips from Gwyneth Paltrow?

5. Raquel August 3, 2010 at 03:32 #

Boring. Reaally boring.

6. Sharon August 3, 2010 at 03:38 #

I agree with FC – a lighter shade of lipstick and Nicole would have been perfect from head to toe.

7. Clare August 3, 2010 at 04:23 #

I don’t like the nude heels. Not sure why. But they made me think she was bare-footed when I first saw the photo. But love the dress.

8. Kimi August 3, 2010 at 04:59 #

Though the dress ages her, I do love the fit and the color. It goes so great with her skin tone/hair! So I like it.

I also agree on the make up or lip shade.

9. nadine August 3, 2010 at 05:12 #

What first bothered me is the hair & how predictable the whole look is – ladylike might be her style, but she doesn’t look like she’s having any fun. Especially not with shoes everyone else is wearing. And makeup really is heavy handed.

10. kiwi August 3, 2010 at 06:26 #

The lipstick ages her more tha n the dress.. I think the dress is nice and the heels are cute

11. gossip_bangkok August 3, 2010 at 12:29 #

Is it a lunchon dress?? LOL! I think she looks alright.

12. Lee Ann August 3, 2010 at 18:26 #

I actually like this look. She also looks like she has put on some weight and I mean that in a good way-except for her over use of fillers I think that
    she looks better than she has for quite sometime and the silhouette is different than her typical L’wren Scott.

13. Marvel August 4, 2010 at 00:05 #

Very cute look from her. It been a while since Ive liked something on Nicole

14. NP August 4, 2010 at 01:02 #

I love this look on Nicole,She i s really beautiful.
    Lime green dressed is very great for her.