The ‘Ladies In Red’ stole our hearts this week.

I guess we were wowed by the dynamic bold colour which isn’t always easy to pull off.

Angelina Jolie was breath-taking in Atelier Versace and Jessica Biel was ravishing in Giambattista Valli.

Both women are usually very ‘blah’ on the red carpet, so their efforts to stand out were very much appreciated.

Credit: Getty & Bauer Griffin

Who Was Your Best Dressed Of The Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed Of The Week?

In Jennifer Aniston's Closet - Balmain Double Breasted Blazer

In Jennifer Aniston’s Closet – Balmain Double Breasted Blazer

18 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace & Jessica Biel In Giambattista Valli

1. Ayesha August 2, 2010 at 11:21 #

i prefer jessica’s look.

2. Jane August 2, 2010 at 13:20 #

I also prefer Jessica Biel, but only for the fact that her look seems more complete, defined which I appreciate. I laughed at your very concise description of these two ladies being, more often than not, ‘blah’ on the red carpet ;)

So very glad you’re back!

• Fashion Critic August 2, 2010 at 13:55 #

thanks Jane

3. Ellen August 2, 2010 at 13:51 #

I really like Jessica’s dress. But is she wearing really big black underpants or is it part of the dress?

• Fashion Critic August 2, 2010 at 13:55 #

part of the look

4. Danielle August 2, 2010 at 14:05 #

I disagree Angelina Jolie looks way better…. Jessica look like she just rolled out of bed!!!!!

5. nicky August 2, 2010 at 14:44 #

angelina looks breathtaking here.
    i dont mind jessica’s look. her hair just really bugs me

6. Smilla August 2, 2010 at 15:33 #

Yay I voted for Jessica Biel too,her dress is amazing.
    I have a question,I’ve heard many times that wearing a red dress on the red carpet(for example the red dress Sigourney Weaver wore during the Oscars which I loved) is considered a fashion “faux pas”.What do you think?
    And also I hope you enjoyed your week of holiday!:)

• Fashion Critic August 2, 2010 at 15:49 #

I think people are scared to wear red on the red carpet as they think they will blend into the background, but I don’t see it as being a fashion faux pa

7. Ev August 2, 2010 at 15:44 #

Thank you, FC, for choosing Jessica. I think it’s one of the best she has ever looked.
    And sorry I can’t agree with most of voters who went for Angelina. I think she looks quite bad in that red color.

8. mol August 2, 2010 at 16:22 #

I loved Angelina but then Jessica’s appearance really wowed me so I’m glad you chose her – I can’t seem to vote from my blkbry, but I would have chose jessica too.

9. Lara August 2, 2010 at 16:23 #

Really like both looks. goob choice

10. Lara August 2, 2010 at 16:23 #

good

11. Lee Ann August 2, 2010 at 17:09 #

am I the only one tgat thinks that Angela is channelling Carol Voderman?

12. P August 2, 2010 at 18:41 #

First time the critic’s choice has also been my personal favourite. Jessica looks AMAZING. Hope to see more from her in the future.

13. nichelleevette August 2, 2010 at 18:47 #

I love seeing Angeling switch it up with red and Jessica is fire hot in that red with the attached body suit.

14. Jen August 3, 2010 at 04:22 #

Glad you chose Jessica. She looks much more put-together.

15. C Cook August 19, 2010 at 15:16 #

Angelina Jolie looks far more stunning than Jessica, more charm, more sexy, and frankly breathtaking as opposed any other colours. Of all salt premierre looks, # Red Russian
    # black short sequin look (Los angeles
    # Short silver revealing look (Paris)
    # Blue Berlin Photo call, same rank too for London long silver shimmering look
    # Berlin long black
    # all other black looks to follow
    Look aside, smart, thoughtful choice to wear something either from designer of country hosting premire or in styles/colour symbolizing host countries e.g. long, gathered long, shapeless gown (black) for Korea, Stunning red for Russia, British designer for UK , a chic, clean ensemble for Paris etc.