“Twelve” New York Premiere – Blake Lively In Chanel

After her controversial cleavage baring look at Comic Con, Blake turned things down a notch at the “Twelve” New York Premiere this week.

She turned to the trusty sophistication of Chanel to save her slammed red carpet reputation.

The “Gossip Girl” star wore a floaty Chanel Resort 2011 frock last month to the Chanel Couture presentation which had a Californian feel to it.

On this occasion she opted for a 70s-inspired adorable navy tweed dress with a subtle sheer panel and an open back which she paired with Christian Louboutin ‘Bianca’ cork slingbacks.

Once again she has taken your advice and opted to only show her legs.

For those of you not fond of her style, I’m sure you will admit this is a vast improvement.

I loved her Preen look, but I much prefer this.

Which do you prefer?

[nggallery id=623]

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Toni Garrn In Barbara Casasola - The Heart Fund Gala

Toni Garrn In Barbara Casasola – The Heart Fund Gala

Fox's "Glee" Academy Event

Fox’s “Glee” Academy Event

23 Responses to “Twelve” New York Premiere – Blake Lively In Chanel

1. Mandy August 1, 2010 at 13:49 #

NOW THIS IS MORE LIKE IT. This look is sassy, cute yet with a sexy back. I want this dress! This is how she should bring it. BTW, i hated the comic-con look. HATE!

2. Emma August 1, 2010 at 13:52 #

It’s definitely an improvement. The dress is okay, but the shoes and the hair ruin it for me. She always has her hair in a pony tail.

3. Hannah August 1, 2010 at 13:54 #

I adore this look!! she looks so gorgeous :)
    i love how she is letting the dress dotha talking with nude shoes and her hair pulled back in a pony!! i love this, but i also love the Preen look aswell :D

4. jennifer August 1, 2010 at 14:18 #

so gorgeous, love it!

5. mol August 1, 2010 at 15:13 #

I chose the Chanel over the Preen, which I loved but which wasn’t worn uite right (-.+). She looks great here – her legs give Cameron Diaz a run for the title of ‘best legs’!

6. sara August 1, 2010 at 15:25 #

i always love blake cause she’s sexy but not tacky…maybe she sometimes shows her body too much but she hasn’t that kind of attitude that make you think: another kardasian…she is classy enough, she takes risks, and she’s supposed not to have stylist!

• P. August 1, 2010 at 22:55 #

DITTO! even not showing too much, she still looks sexy with classy, unlike the majority of Reality TV stars (hi, KRISTIN CAVALLARI, Kim Kardashian, Heidi Montag, citing only the worst…)
      She looks so gorgeous, i really love the Chanel dress, the heels are perfect and as always the ponytail and make up are simply flawless, she doesn’t need too much make up (hi, taylor momsen) her natural beauty is enough. I really liked the Preen look, because
      it’s shows her versatility on the red carpet, but I prefer by far this look.

S2

7. sara August 1, 2010 at 15:26 #

i really love her earrings and ponytail here!

8. michelle August 1, 2010 at 15:41 #

im not her biggest fan but she looks great here. her skin is glowing. it’s adorable on her

9. J August 1, 2010 at 15:45 #

Great, now she’s trying to be somebody she’s not for people who are afraid of showing their sexuality. Tsk.

• justme August 1, 2010 at 16:26 #

Lol what? She’s showing her legs, her tummy and her back. She’s hardly heading to the convent.
      With your logic, I could say that maybe the OTT sexy LA girl image wasn’t the true her.

10. Jen August 1, 2010 at 16:03 #

it’s a good silhouette, but I’m not a fan of this tweed mixed with more delicate fabrics collection.

11. mochababe73 August 1, 2010 at 18:08 #

I like the dress, but I don’t like the fabric choices. As usual, Blake bores me.
    I can’t speak for anyone else, but not liking Blake Lively has nothing to do with being afraid of showing my sexuality. I just find her persona dull, unexciting, and boring no matter what she wears.
    Why does sexiness have to mean showing every single body part? Being sexy also means leaving a litlle to the imagination.

• pipsqueak August 1, 2010 at 22:13 #

Totally agree with your assessment. I do like this dress – vast improvement from Comic Con. I don’t see her as the Britneys or Lindsays just b/c she goes for a sexier look. She seems like an open-hearted all-American girl – good teeth, glowing smile and great attitude, but there’s no depth or the je ne sais quoi. Hence, I don’t find her interesting.

12. Marvel August 1, 2010 at 18:35 #

I do like the look but I feel that this too conservative for her.
    I prefer my Blake in a mini showing off her gorgeous gams and her twins and posing like a supermodel on the red carpet.

13. Grégory De Vos August 1, 2010 at 20:08 #

Even if I’m not a huge fan of that collection from Chanel, I’d have to say Blake is totally owning that dress…
    Is it just me or does she look more svelte?

14. alannah August 1, 2010 at 23:13 #

apart from the earrings & the different material around the middle i really like her look.
    but i just cant handle the middle.. the patterns are just too conflicting for my tastes. but thats me :)

15. Bella August 1, 2010 at 23:42 #

Is that her nude underwear/lining peeking through the sheer midriff?
    Either way, I really like this look. Even thought she is showing legs, open back & a sheer midriff – I think it’s still young and fun and not as OTT sexy. She looks great and owns it.
    I also prefer this look.

16. kiwi August 2, 2010 at 07:41 #

Love it

17. amber August 2, 2010 at 15:32 #

the middle is just too weird for me

18. LizLemooooon August 2, 2010 at 19:58 #

No one hates Blake’s curves! Her body is banging and she has a right to show that off but the clothes she uses are always these too tight, over the top revealing, gaudy things. A simple mini dress with great heels is a good look but she has to have cut outs all over the place, sequins, spandex. Its kind of cartoonish.
    This dress looks cheap and isn’t much of an improvement on that Comic Con look imo but it’s a start.

19. SparkleBebe54 August 3, 2010 at 03:47 #

I love this look from head to toe. She looks refreshed and the dress is just amazing.

20. gossip_bangkok August 3, 2010 at 05:50 #

I don’t really like the dress. I don’t think this was her best look…