Jessica Biel’s “The A-Team” European Promotional Tour

Whilst on vacation the only person who tempted to break my ‘no blogging ‘rule was Jessica Biel.

I think she’s had an amazing run  Some good, some bad but none boring.

First up was “The A-Team” Madrid photo call where she wore an ivory Vionnet Resort 2011 linen dress with black silk crêpe de chine belt and hem.

I would’ve like this look more had the sleeve not been so poufy and some adjustments been made at the waist.

Also she should’ve tied her hair back, so her voluminous sleeve wasn’t competiting with her voluminous hair.

Jessica proved that stars still do make an effort on the red carpet for a London Premiere, when she wowed the crowd wearing a Giambattista Valli Fall 2010 red dress.

I was baffled to read people saying she was copying Angelina Jolie.

Oh please, just because Angelina wears one red dress doesn’t mean she owns the trademark.

This was my favourite look from Jessica. I love the messy hair and the smaller black sash which shows off the corset.

Were her pants meant to be showing?

Of course.

This wasn’t a mistake or a fashion faux pas, it was chic sexy Parisian elegance unlike Angelina’s nude thong and label exposure.

At the Berlin premiere for “The A-Team”, Jessica wore her first Couture look of his promo tour.

Her fitted strapless powder blue Atelier Versace Fall 2009 dress was simply breath-taking.

The dress with a gathered waist and intricate beading has obviously been modified.

The outstanding intricate detailing on this dress makes it stand out, so I wasn’t too disappointed that the tulle train wasn’t part of this look.

A train is better suited to the Oscars or the Emmy’s so she made a great choice to modify.

The only thing I would change about this look – apart from the hair – are those Sergio Rossi silver satin heels.

With everything else being so delicate these heels feel so heavy.

Whilst headed out dinner Jessica was spotted leaving the Hotel Regent in Berlin wearing a blue water lily Jill Stuart Resort 2011 jumpsuit.

I loved this girlie floral collection, so even if this picture is really blurry I’m glad to see a look worn by a celebrity.

Dove grey suede pumps were the perfect complement.

The last stop – so far – was “The A-Team” Berlin Photocall which took place after the premiere.

I’m still trying to come to terms with how I feel about Jessica in this 3.1 Phillip Lim lemon suit.

I love the suit, but the striped Vince top bothers me.

A simple top like the model would’ve been preferred, but I love her perforated Giuseppe Zanotti heels with the black toe cap.

Which was your favourite look from Jessica run?

Also let me know who was your Best Dressed this week, as I’m going to do the poll later today.

[nggallery id=624]

Credit: Style.com, Zuma Press, Rex, Fame Pictures & Bauer Griffin

Fox's "Glee" Academy Event

Fox’s “Glee” Academy Event

Who Was Your Best Dressed Of The Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed Of The Week?

30 Responses to Jessica Biel’s “The A-Team” European Promotional Tour

1. Terry August 1, 2010 at 15:29 #

My favourite are the Versace dress (without the Sergio Rossi pumps, you’re right) and the Jill Stuart jumpsuit, even if she didn’t wear it on the red carpet.

• Si August 2, 2010 at 19:20 #

I agree, exactly my choice! If it wasn’ such a busy week the Versace had a shot! It was my favourite dress, without the shoes and the red lips, wich i disliked with such a soft dress!

2. Dorian Gray August 1, 2010 at 15:36 #

I love Jessica in both Valli and Atelier Versace but my BDOTW is January Jones in Atelier Versace! I think that one of Angelina’s look deserves the poll too (but I can’t decide which one)

3. Elise August 1, 2010 at 15:36 #

She is really beautiful, I love the Versace and Giambattista Valli looks, simply amazing!

4. michelle August 1, 2010 at 15:45 #

my favourite was the red valli gown, though i would have preferred the sasha a la the runway. but i loved that she changed her hair and added volume ( praise jesus, who would have thought). rant * i cant stand angelina jolie fanatics, she is not jesus, some of them really worry me esp on justjared* rant over. btw im sooo glad you are back. i hope you had a great vacay

• Fashion Critic August 1, 2010 at 15:57 #

I did thank you. :)

5. Z Fashion Blog August 1, 2010 at 15:55 #

I liked the Giambattista Valli dress but the black pants ruined it for me.
    The way the black bra shoes on the runway is both sexy and provocative, but I’m affraid Jessica’s big underwear thing isn’t.

It looks only weird to me.

6. Jen August 1, 2010 at 16:00 #

I love the striped shirt with the lemon suit!

That Versace dress is breathtaking, but now that she’s worn the modified version, will it keep the full version from being seen on the red carpet?

7. Laura August 1, 2010 at 16:05 #

The Giambattista and Atelier Versace looks are my fave. Adore the modification made to the Versace. Don’t love the underwear exposer on the Valli dress, but other than that, it’s a good look.

8. Melissa August 1, 2010 at 16:21 #

She looked great throughout the whole tour! I had to laugh at all the rag mags online who tried to call her out for the sheer Giambatista dress. They’ll never get it *smh*

9. Ev August 1, 2010 at 16:29 #

I would love to see Giambattista Valli look in BDOTW. I think she looks perfect in red (unlike Angelina). Love her new voluminous hair.

10. mol August 1, 2010 at 16:47 #

I love Jessica in the red Giambattista Valli the best (atelier Versace a close second). My other favorites were Anna Kendrick in Marchesa and Angelina Joli at her Moscow premiere in the red Atelier Versace. You’re spoiling us now that you’re back from vacation (and I’m not complaining!)

11. luiza August 1, 2010 at 16:50 #

The Vionnet look is by far my fave

12. mol August 1, 2010 at 17:50 #

P.S. I forgot to add Lea Michele to my list of favs!

13. Hannah August 1, 2010 at 18:10 #

I hated the pants at first but now I like that they add another dimension to the look, as they are part of the dress, like the showing bra. I like that she amde more of an effort in her hair and makeup, sh ei sradiant, and I love that she is dressing like it is summer, unlike other stars. I just wish she hadn;t ruined the atelier Versace…….

14. Marvel August 1, 2010 at 18:28 #

She needs to get the mane that she calls a hair under control. It has ruined quite a lot of these look.

I must say, she surprised by not flopping badly while promoting this film.

I give this promotion tour a grade ‘C’

15. nina August 1, 2010 at 19:24 #

Valli look is perfect, hair, make up, dont mind those pants, still look great.
    Versace is also great look for her, love red lips, but not shoes.And I really like Lim suit, especially hoe top works with shoes.

16. Lukie August 1, 2010 at 19:34 #

Versace has had a great week Jessica, January, and Angelina’s Versace looks are all BDOTW worthy. I also loved Jessica’s red Giambattista Valli gown.

17. Pati August 1, 2010 at 19:44 #

I think the red Valli dress is exquisite on Jessica, but I would´ve liked it better had she kept the runway sash. As to her hair, I´m not buying her messy “just-got-out-of-bed” hairdo on the red carpet. I also think the Atelier Versace dress lost its appeal without the tulle train…. I would love to see the original version on the red carpet some time! But I really like her Jill Stuart look.

18. mochababe73 August 1, 2010 at 20:15 #

Four more reasons why Jessica needs a style intervention.
    The Vionnett dress is simply ugly. The entire dress has too much fabric.
    The red dress is okay. Too sheer for me. I can’t get with it because her boobs are in the wrong place.
    I like the shape and silhouette on the Versace dress. However, I think that the fabric is too heavy.
    That jumpsuit is horrifying. The print is atrocious.
    The pantsuit does nothing for her. It looks like it came from some senior citizen catalog. Ugh!
    Of all of them, I would have to pick the red. It’s the lesser of all of the evils.

• Linda August 2, 2010 at 14:02 #

LOL at horrifying! I’m not a huge fan of these looks myself either.

19. jen August 1, 2010 at 20:30 #

deff the red dress. its see thru enuff to be sexy not trashy. & the volume in her hair is a pleasant change to her usual slimy hair :P

20. Bella August 2, 2010 at 00:04 #

I really like the Atelier Versace dress, but just not on her. I don’t think she owns it enough or at all and somebody else could have done that dress better. I also agree about the heavy shoes. Not sure about the lipstick and I thought her hair looked nice (although maybe a different style would have been better).

I’m half-half Giambattista Valli dress. Somehow I like it but then again I don’t. It just looks all over the place. Like the sash should have been covering the whole corset because I’m not liking just that little bit on boning peeking through – either show it all or don’t show it at all. The gathering on the chest makes it look like her boobs are sagging and doesn’t look flattering. I also think she should have went with different shoes – those shoes are just about exactly matching her dress, the red carpet, the movie poster signs and the car behind her – it just look like too much red. I like the runway version of the dress much more (with that sash and the bra showing).

The Vionnet dress I like but again, I think somebody else could have done it better. Also I think it looks too big and like it’s taking her over. I also agree that the hair should have been up or pulled back.

I’m so-so on the jumpsuit and suit – again, i don’t feel like she owns it. I think if somebody had worn those, it would have been better and I would probably like it more.

• Bella August 2, 2010 at 00:05 #

Sorry for the essay. haha. :)

• Bella August 2, 2010 at 01:03 #

Also on the Atelier Versace, it looked too tight – the “girls” looked squished and hurt. haha

• Linda August 2, 2010 at 14:04 #

I think you’re right in your comment about the Atelier Versace dress and the others too. It’s like she hasn’t quite found what she’s confident and happy in yet.

21. Alexa August 2, 2010 at 07:30 #

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like Jessica Biel tries far too hard at these premieres and red-carpet events? Maybe it’s just because I see her as a sporty tomboy so it’s hard for me to see her out in a couture gown. Or maybe I’m just envious of her romance with Justin.
    But I’m not a fan of the Jill Stuart jumpsuit…at all. It’s overwhelming, and I’m surprised because she has such a great figure. But the shape is doing nothing for her. I honestly don’t like any of the looks, but if I had to choose I’d say the Giambattista Valli dress is the lesser of the “evils”.

22. kiwi August 2, 2010 at 07:32 #

Don’t like any of the looks too much-shes waering granny pants in the red dress and her hair looks scary to me. The Versace dress is nice but not great.. not feeling the jumpsuit either too much

23. Yerdeh August 2, 2010 at 08:41 #

the red g valli dress is amazing, my fav of all her looks tho like you said she has been having an amazing run. New stylist?

24. gossip_bangkok August 3, 2010 at 05:48 #

I love the first two dresses. After that, I thought it was… alright.. LOL! Welcome back!