“Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World” LA Premiere – Anna Kendrick In Marchesa

Anna Kendrick attend the LA Premiere of “Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World” this week.

The actress wore her second Marchesa Resort 2011 look in as many months.

Despite the feeling of de ja vu from her hairstyle, I totally adore her look.

It’s a bit sassy, a bit sexy, she’s giving me plenty of attitude.

Anna’s navy strapless leopard print cocktail Marchesa Resort 2011 dress has an amazing black embroidered detail on the bodice and a gathered detail on the skirt.

What stands out the most is her Jimmy Choo ‘Mendez’ heels.

In fact I think they upstage the dress which is stunning in it’s own right.

I’m loving that stars are finally making bold choices when it comes to their footwear.

BDOTW for me. What about you?

[nggallery id=619]

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

Andrea Guasch In Ana Locking -  17th Malaga Film Festival 2014 Opening Ceremony

Andrea Guasch In Ana Locking – 17th Malaga Film Festival 2014 Opening Ceremony

2010 Cartier International Polo

2010 Cartier International Polo

25 Responses to “Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World” LA Premiere – Anna Kendrick In Marchesa

1. Hermione Weasley July 31, 2010 at 12:26 #

I love the dress, but the shoes are too much. Sometimes the risk pays off, this time, for me, it didn’t.

• Alina July 31, 2010 at 17:27 #

I agree with you. Maybe if the shoes were deep red.

• michelle July 31, 2010 at 17:37 #

agreed.

2. Noove July 31, 2010 at 12:28 #

WoooW she look so pretty Love the dress and the colour suit her alot .. but not sure about the footwear :S

3. alannah July 31, 2010 at 12:45 #

unfortunately im not with you on this one.
    i think the dress is quite beautiful but i really dont think the shoes were the right choice.
    oh well! each to their own.

4. Mea July 31, 2010 at 13:41 #

A bit awkward pose, but other than that I think she looks fabulous! I notice that sometimes people look amazing despite that their clothes don’t match, but it is their attutide that make them look like a million dollar :-)

5. Danielle July 31, 2010 at 16:23 #

Hmmm, the shoes aren’t really working for me. I know black pumps would have been obvious, but mustard yellow is so wrong for this dress. Also, I think she shortened the dress a bit. I prefer the runway version.

6. mochababe73 July 31, 2010 at 17:31 #

Too much going on. The shoes did upstage the dress which means that the dress should have been simple. That dress is quite short.
    I am just glad that she didn’t wear the plain black pumps.

7. Hannah July 31, 2010 at 17:48 #

i love love love the shoes!! i think it clashes with the dress in a very good way! as the colour of the dress is quite dull,(blue&black) i think the colour of the shoes gives it that bang, in order to make it feel summery again :)

8. Z Fashion Blog July 31, 2010 at 19:23 #

Love how she combined the yellow heels with that dress.
    Excellent choice!

9. Laura July 31, 2010 at 20:21 #

I’ve been getting a little sick of the stereotypical “Marchesa” look on the red carpet, and I was pleased to see that Anna went with a look that people can’t automatically label Marchesa. It looks great on her and she’s working it.

Love the shoes, but I’m glad she didn’t do a red lip or any red in the look. Otherwise, there’d be a little too much primary-color/back to school feel to it. As it is, it is one fierce look.

• iKaa August 1, 2010 at 03:55 #

Yeah, I agree with you about how people can’t automatically label the dress Marchesa. For me too, at first I thought it was a Cavalli dress. And the shoes…

Hell yeah this is a BDOTW contender for me.

10. Sher July 31, 2010 at 21:45 #

BDOTW please!

11. Marvel July 31, 2010 at 22:01 #

With gorgeous shoes like those she would have been better off pairing them with a white simple dress. They are competing with the dress. I would have preferred black pumps. Did I just say that?

12. Lyly July 31, 2010 at 22:11 #

I really don’t like this look… the dress is just ok for me, but the hair and the shoes… the blue and yellow don’t work for me at all, it’s such a strange mix !

13. missy Q July 31, 2010 at 22:32 #

While you were vacationing, FC, I was WAITING for what you would say about this look!

When I first saw it, I kept going back and forth, but I actually have finalized that I actually do not like the shoes.

• Fashion Critic August 1, 2010 at 08:26 #

lol @ “WAITING” in capitals :D

14. Suzanne August 1, 2010 at 00:12 #

I really don’t like lopsided bodices like that. And the shoes just don’t work with the dress.

15. The Beauty Philosopher August 1, 2010 at 03:59 #

LOVE it. The yellow shoes change the whole look but in an interesting way.

16. Hannah August 1, 2010 at 04:00 #

Sh eneeds to learn to pose better on the red carpet for me ,and her attitude just doesnt work, I think instead of ogoing the attitude route she should go the elegance route, it would suit her better. I also disagree about the shoes, not a fan with thi sloo, I love them but they are TOO different from the dress in this case. Love that shetook a risk, or at least that she wore interesting, not black/nude/clou noeud (in love but overkill already)/brian atwood shoes.

17. mol August 1, 2010 at 06:12 #

I agree with Laura and others who like the shoes – I’m on a tiny screen here, but she looks wonderful to me. Welcome back F.C., I missed you!

• Fashion Critic August 1, 2010 at 08:23 #

thanks Mol.

I don’t think I can handle going on vacation without blogging again.

18. Kiwi August 1, 2010 at 08:34 #

So I am in a minority but I love, love, love this look and the shoes are to die for .. BDOTW

19. Si August 1, 2010 at 19:40 #

The dress is cute and i really like the shoes, but not on her! She does not have the attitude to carry a combination like that, like, for example, SJP does! That’s not BDOTW material for me!

20. gossip_bangkok August 3, 2010 at 05:54 #

definitely BDOTW for me ! :)
    As for the shoes, I don’t mind it.
    However, I love the dress!