I’m not officially back from vacation until Sunday, but I’ve really missed blogging – more than I expected – so I’m recharged and ready to get back to it.

Some of you didn’t quite see the big deal in Angelina Jolie’s red Atelier Versace gown at the Moscow Premiere, but considering the rest of her looks have been quite underwhelming since last Sunday have you changed your mind?

For the “Salt” Premiere in Japan her Atelier Versace Fall 2000 black chiffon high neck gown with a thigh-high slit and open back was incredibly sexy.

I loved the bun with the high neckline.

I’ve noticed that when it comes to her black looks Angelina loves to add emerald earrings for a pop of colour.

My major problem with this look was the back, and I’m surprised no one picked up on it.

From the back you can not only see the white label, but you can also see her nude thong.

This would’ve been my favourite look had it not been for that exposure and if she’s worn the purple version.

Gucci heels completed her look.

Angelina wore a black L’Agence long tank dress in to the Seoul press conference of her new movie this week.

The shapeless dress fails to excite despite her adding nude heels.

For the premiere that same day Angelina opted for yet another black frock, this time she wore a strapless Colleen Atwood super fitted dress teamed with Gucci heels.

For the “Salt” Japan press conference Angelina wore a Salvatore Ferragamo black silk blouse with shawl collar and black silk pants.

She broke up the all black look with Ferragamo cream leather peep-toe heels.

She also wore Salvatore Ferragamo nude leather pumps with metal heel for the “Salt” photo call in Moscow. Her ivory blouse and black pencil skirt were both by Dolce & Gabbana.

Loving the red lips here.

The “Salt” London premiere takes place on August 17, I’m hoping she wows on that occasion.

Which look do you favour?

Credit: First View & Getty

"Salt" Moscow Premiere - Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace

“Salt” Moscow Premiere – Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace

"Mad Men" Season 4 New York Premiere - January Jones In Atelier Versace

“Mad Men” Season 4 New York Premiere – January Jones In Atelier Versace

41 Responses to “Salt” Japan & Seoul Premiere – Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace & Colleen Atwood

1. Hellwafashion July 31, 2010 at 09:54 #

Glad you’re back!
    How did that white label thing happen?, can they not cut it off cos she has to give it back or what?
    I wasn’t overly crazy about the red versace – I did love the black dress though (from the front)

• Fashion Critic July 31, 2010 at 10:11 #

I’m surprised it happened too, especially to someone like Angelina

• Anna July 31, 2010 at 15:54 #

Could it be a plaster/bandage rather than label? Need a magnifying glass! Poor thing anyway, so unnecessary!

Love the draping on the Atelier Versace but the purple would have been AMAZING on her!!

Oh and I missed your blog too! Glad you’re back as it gives me respite from writing my dissertation at the moment! :)

2. Hilary July 31, 2010 at 09:54 #

I missed your blogging more than I expected! Kept checking in all week, forgetting that you were on vacation! Thanks for the update!

I love the Ferragamo outfit with the silk pants. I think she looks stunning in them. There’s something so off about the Versace gown. I think the combination of the high neck and the fringe is suffocating and crowding her face. If she’d just had her hair off her face, it would have been a much cleaner look. It’s a beautiful dress though and her legs look great..If ONLY she’d tried the purple!

3. Terry July 31, 2010 at 09:57 #

Even if it was not flawless, my favourite is the black Versace dress.

4. Noove July 31, 2010 at 09:57 #

alot of black dress :S

• Fashion Critic July 31, 2010 at 10:11 #

too many :)

5. vicky July 31, 2010 at 10:17 #

One word, BORING!!!
    The “best” for me was her Seoul premiere in Colleen Atwood.
    The lack of colour does not however make me appreciate her red Versace gown more, it aggravates me even more! She can do so much better than this mess!
    I like her bangs, they frame her face really nicely, but the rest of her hair is so messy and unstyled that I don’t like it as a whole. Though she’s always been skinny she now days mostly look malnourished, something her pale skin combines with red lips accentuates even more.

6. farfi July 31, 2010 at 11:58 #

She is a fabolous woman but she has ruined herself with those horrilble tatoos! I think that the last Ferragamo outfit is really chic.

7. Hermione Weasley July 31, 2010 at 12:32 #

I like them all, even if it’s all black. Nothing special but… the only one I really don’t like is the Korean photocall look D:

I’m so glad you’re back :DD I totally squeed like crazy when I saw new updates XD

• Fashion Critic July 31, 2010 at 12:54 #

glad to be back

• Jane August 1, 2010 at 01:33 #

I agree, while I don’t find myself hating any of these outfits, there is nothing special or noteworthy about them either.

8. catdog July 31, 2010 at 13:11 #

FC, you said the red dress is from a new collection but i found out that she actually wore it before a while ago.
    anyways i like the black dress too but i don’t love it as much as the red.

• Fashion Critic July 31, 2010 at 14:34 #

that is not the same dress. It’s just the same colour.

• Fashion Critic July 31, 2010 at 14:35 #

that is not the same dress. It’s just the same colour.

9. Laveena July 31, 2010 at 13:19 #

I love the purple Atelier Versace Gown. Nothing short of amazing if a seasons old dress can still look contemporary.

10. The Very Simon G July 31, 2010 at 14:51 #

If she’d worn the purple Versace dress I’d have loved it a whole lot more! And to me the bun on the head is slightly art teacher-esque, is it not? x

11. sara July 31, 2010 at 15:59 #

what happened with her hairdressers??do they hate her??

12. Danielle July 31, 2010 at 16:27 #

Out of these, the Colleen Atwood is my fav. That is, after her red dress she wore earlier. Black is a bore with Ange.

13. frknielsen July 31, 2010 at 17:21 #

I wish she would do something with her hair…..

14. niya July 31, 2010 at 17:42 #

Glad to have you back fc! I had a feeling you might be – especially considering that this last week had a few heavy hitters. I hope youre still enjoying your break though:)
    Personally I like the last look the best even if it is on the boring side, she looks amazing. I think my biggest problem over this promo tour is her hair – specifically the fringe. despite that though, she still looks fantastic in just about anything.

15. mochababe73 July 31, 2010 at 17:55 #

I did not like the first dress. I wanted to, but just couldn’t.
    The L’Agence looks like black drapes. What was she thinking?
    The Colleen Atwood dress is okay. I mean it’s a sheath that has been seen a million times. She could have at least jazzed it up with some shoes and jewelry.
    The Ferragamo is just boring and ages her.
    On the last outfit, she looks like a hostess at a fine restaurant.
    I would have to go with the Colleen Atwood. And WHAT is going on with her hair?

16. Z Fashion Blog July 31, 2010 at 19:21 #

Welcome Back!

I loved the japanese premiere look .
    It’s my favourite Angelina look for Salt.
    I even like it more than the Moscow Atelier Versace gown.

Shame about the label thing :-(

• Fashion Critic July 31, 2010 at 20:15 #

thank you. go to be back

17. Laura July 31, 2010 at 20:01 #

I liked the Atelier Versace but it’s not my fave. Black, loose top, thigh high split, open back. These are all of Angelina’s cliches in one dress. Just don’t love it. But I like it more than that shapeless L’Agence. Angie hasn’t figured out that you don’t wear shapeless unless you actually have something to hide.

Whatever comment I made about the last black dress that length Angie wore to a premiere probably still applies. Same for the Ferragamo look. That last look is the most exciting to me. It’s not 100% black and I love when Angie wears the red lip.

18. Shruti July 31, 2010 at 21:06 #

Welcome back! I’ve only recently discovered your website and totally love it. Was hoping you’d be back soon.

I really dislike Angelina’s hair. She hardly ever does anything with it and I think that hair colour is just horrid. The bangs look really bad in some places and overall her hair’s just looks dead and dirty.

The black L’Agence tank dress looks like it was made from a giant garbage bag.

The Colleen Atwood look is nice but her bangs ruin it face-wise. And her pose in the last Dolce & Gabbana look is weird but the look itself is one of the more decent ones.

Just meh overall.

• Fashion Critic August 1, 2010 at 08:14 #

Thanks and welcome to you

Glad to hear that you are loving the site

• shili August 1, 2010 at 11:22 #

I totally agree with the hair comment. She does not look good with this kind of hair style. It looks almost like a wig. :S

It is interesting that most of the blog readers think Jennifer Aniston is so boring, but at least she looks good in her safe clothing choices. I can not say it about Jolie who looks really monotonous and awkward in these black outfits.

19. Shruti July 31, 2010 at 21:07 #

I meant ‘hair just looks dead and dirty’ :P

20. Ev July 31, 2010 at 21:28 #

I would’ve liked that Atelier Versace look if she wore the runway color. But black, black again, black one more time and ‘I-don’t-know-how-many-times-to-come’ black – it’s getting seriously boring, way too predictable and absolutely not exciting or inspiring.
    Plus I don’t like her new hair – looks like she doesn’t put any time or care into it.
    On the bright side – I like her Moscow photo call look (except for the hair).

21. Marvel July 31, 2010 at 22:12 #

I like the Versace look but teh back is so unfortunate. Surely her stylist must have known that was going to happen
    I like the Collen Atwood but she I we have seen this look TOO many times
    Same goes for the other looks..

Well judging by Cameron and Marion, Angelina will probably wear a pair of jeans and a T-Shirt to the London premier ;)

22. Louise August 1, 2010 at 00:35 #

Her choices fail to inspire. She’s just not a fashion person.
    And her hair always looks so matronly. She needs to cut it and do away with that fringe.

23. mol August 1, 2010 at 07:01 #

I do like the ivory top/black pencil skirt/red lips look, but so much black! She’s classic but it’s frustrating for fashion lovers that she won’t extend herself further – praying she comes up with some more for London!

24. Back To School Deals!! August 1, 2010 at 15:18 #

I’ve never been impressed about her fashion either. She doesn’t have hips to really make an outfit come alive. But even without hips she’s still gorgeous.

25. Jen August 1, 2010 at 16:25 #

her bangs seem curlier than usual, and I think I’d have liked the first look better if her hair hadn’t looked so frilly.

I can’t choose. they’re all pretty boring.

26. mari August 2, 2010 at 04:28 #

I think shes obligued to keep sing the same hairstyle in case she has to reshoot some scenes for her last movie, kind of Brad Pitt when he had some bad black hair going on few years ago.

27. Ayesha August 2, 2010 at 11:34 #

why is she so crazily obsessed with black,it’s very chic,but it’s black……and it’s hard to take black on angelina any more……even the red versace gown was just okay…………i feel that she’s just been ‘blah’ all this long……..except maybe when she wore the white dress for the mexico photo call(not sure about where it was but there was a nice summery white dress)

28. LizLemooooon August 2, 2010 at 19:44 #

Welcome back! Thanks for doing this post! I think Angelina prefers to wear black because it’s simple and straightforward, as confident as she might seem most of the time you should remember that she’s still a normal woman and from time to time might feel insecure so she goes for a ‘safe’ colour like black. Even the red lipstick is a bold choice for her because she’s made comments about not liking her lips.
    I do wish she’d take more risks or continue to wear fitted things because she’s only 35 and as gorgeous as she is these dresses age her.

29. gossip_bangkok August 3, 2010 at 05:55 #

*sigh* Is Angelina back to wearing black again? Thought she looked sexy, but.. black? AGAIN? Hope you enjoyed you holiday.

30. Mark Boardman August 4, 2010 at 15:58 #

The UK premiere is on the 16th, the date shown above is a date which was moved about 4 weeks ago.

Regards

• Fashion Critic August 4, 2010 at 16:14 #

thanks Mark, they’re always changing dates. It hard to keep up.