Who Wore Preen Better? Olivia Palermo or Kim Kardashian

Olivia Palermo looked very glam backstage at Naomi Campbell’s Fashion For Relief Haiti Fashion Show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Bryant Park back in February.

The socialite wore a Preen lace halter dress from the Spring 2010 collection which she layered with an ivory silk top.

Black suede thigh-high boots, a black cardigan and a white tote complete the look.

Kim Kardashian surprisingly wore the same dress with black pumps when she attended the “Beach Bunny” Swimwear show during Mercedes-Benz Miami Fashion Week Swim 2011 this weekend.

The reality TV star was front row with her sisters, as they all appear in the ad campaign for the brand.

Olivia wore the runway dress whereas Kim wore the commercial version. The only difference is Kim’s dress has double strip panels on her skirt.

Olivia wins this for me because she paired her dress with thigh-high boots and yet she doesn’t look cheap unlike…*whistles*

Credit: Style.com & Getty

In Camilla Belle's Closet - Marchesa Embellished Gown

In Camilla Belle’s Closet – Marchesa Embellished Gown

Neil Lane / Kay Jewelers Event - Eva Longoria In Gustavo Cadile

Neil Lane / Kay Jewelers Event – Eva Longoria In Gustavo Cadile

20 Responses to Who Wore Preen Better? Olivia Palermo or Kim Kardashian

1. Janice July 23, 2010 at 09:05 #

haha because of kim’s body, a lot of things she wear she has to be careful since it has more of a tendency to make her look trashy. oh the pros and cons of having curves :(

2. Erika July 23, 2010 at 09:06 #

It’s nice to see you appreciating miss Palermo’s style more and more on your fabulous site, FC! She looks so much more sophisticated in that dress.

3. m July 23, 2010 at 09:09 #

come on ppl ! kim looks amazing !

4. bettybrandenburg July 23, 2010 at 10:00 #

Let’s be honest – it’s not a great dress, is it? I think if you wear it straight, like Kim has done, i.e. not pair it with something incongruous like Olivia Palermo has done successfully, it will make you look trashy. Not that that ever worried any of the Kardashians. (I’m such a bxtch, I know!)

5. Matt July 23, 2010 at 10:34 #

I’m I the only one seeing how much Kim’s face is melting, or is this her Wax figure? can the real Kim Please stand up. I still think Kim looks better, Olivia looks like busy traffic.

6. Z Fashion Blog July 23, 2010 at 10:56 #

Not a fan of the dress at all.

That being said, I think Olivea wore it better.
    ..but why the white huge bag??

• mm July 23, 2010 at 11:23 #

That white bag is way to distracting. LOVE olivia’s style but i here i prefer the fit on kim

7. Lisa July 23, 2010 at 13:54 #

I’m not the biggest fan of Kim K but she wins this for me. Olivia may not look cheap but she still looks a mess. The dress fits Kim like a glove and I don’t think she looks cheap at all.

• justme July 23, 2010 at 16:04 #

Seriously. Kim looks put together whereas Olivia is drowning in her hair, cardigan and huge bag.

• IGetaFever July 23, 2010 at 16:25 #

Have to agree with both of you. I think Kim looks great.

• Laura July 23, 2010 at 17:28 #

Agree. Too much going on on Olivia

8. Jones19 July 23, 2010 at 17:50 #

It’s hard to not look overly sexy when you have Kim K’s curves, however I don’t think she looks trashy here. She looks fab! Olivia is drowning in accessories and I hate that you can see her black tights through the dress.

9. Sarah July 23, 2010 at 17:59 #

Come on now, Kim looks much better in that dress. Olivia has on too much, so that you dont notice the dress,

10. Sharon July 23, 2010 at 18:54 #

I’m not a big fan of Kim’s, but I’ve got to go with her look this time. Olivia looks like she’s in training to be an Olsen triplet with the big bag, heavy hair, etc. And the darker band on the lower half of Olivia’s skirt combines with the boots to give it a dominatrix look.

11. mochababe73 July 23, 2010 at 19:05 #

Kim looks much better in the dress. It fits her like a glove, and I love a fellow curby girl.
    I know why Olivia has so much on-it was February and cold. So I understand why she wore the tights, boots, and cardigan. But she’s still overly styled to me. Kim is not overly accessorized.
    That white bag gaping open is the reason why I don’t like it.

12. miss bianca July 23, 2010 at 20:07 #

i really do not understand why olivia wore the ivory blouse underneath.. it totally ruins the look of the dress.
    kim has a lot of t & a showing as usual but i think she wins by keeping the dress simple

13. Jarrold July 23, 2010 at 20:42 #

The hate against Kim is really killing this poll

14. LG July 23, 2010 at 20:46 #

Sometimes your opinion is too* biased , how does Ki cheapen the look ? She lets the dress shine like it should , whereas Olivia has too much going on , thigh high boots with that dress , you gotta be kidding me !!! Stop hating on Kim !

15. J July 24, 2010 at 05:57 #

Unfair. Kim can’t help that she’s curvy. Unlike that reed on the left.

16. Hilary July 24, 2010 at 20:13 #

Kim’s body is unreal.. I LOVE the dress on her. But what has she done to her face lately/ Of ALL people who never needed any work on their face, it was her. She’s gotten some weird fillers or something.