Neil Lane / Kay Jewelers Event – Eva Longoria In Gustavo Cadile

Eva Longoria attended the “Neil Lane Debuts Bridal Collection with Kay Jewelers” event in LA last night.

The “Desperate Housewives” star opted to wear a black Gustavo Cadile Fall 2010 dress with her Neil Lane jewels.

Her black silk v-neck cocktail dress with swiss dot chiffon sleeves was paired with a black clutch and black Sergio Rossi heels.

I’ve said it once, and I’m sure I’ll say it again, a pop of colour would’ve been welcome.

Credit: GustavoCadile.com & Getty

Maggie Gyllenhaal In Peter Som - Women In Film 2014 Crystal + Lucy Awards

Maggie Gyllenhaal In Peter Som – Women In Film 2014 Crystal + Lucy Awards

"Knight and Day" Bordeaux Premiere - Cameron Diaz In Vionnet

“Knight and Day” Bordeaux Premiere – Cameron Diaz In Vionnet

14 Responses to Neil Lane / Kay Jewelers Event – Eva Longoria In Gustavo Cadile

1. Simona July 23, 2010 at 10:27 #

quite nice, but too much black-it´s summer!

2. Z Fashion Blog July 23, 2010 at 11:00 #

I also like colours more than black.
    It’s pretty easy to look elegant in black and that’s why people prefer it.

However this dress is really chic and I like how she wore it with black heels and clutch for a total black look.

She should have only lost the necklace.

3. fozaaa July 23, 2010 at 11:07 #

She looks like a very old lady.

4. Marvel July 23, 2010 at 11:55 #

I could have forgiven her for wearing all black if she had styled it better.
    I really dont like the make up and her hair ages her a lot. The shoes need to go as well as the necklace

5. Ally July 23, 2010 at 12:55 #

It is a little heavy for summer, but I’m just glad she wore a dress that is appropriate for her height!

6. Anissa July 23, 2010 at 14:41 #

I don’t know what it is, but on the model the sleeves look light and airy but on Eva they look like heavy shoulderpads…maybe they are more lined or bunched? The lighter look would have saved this outfit in my opinion.

7. chrystelle July 23, 2010 at 15:06 #

The dress looks completely different on Eva.even some details of the dress are lost on her. Look she is short gal and she should just accept that there are some types of dresses which only suit tall people.Unfair i know.
    She ruins the dress in my not so humble opinion.

8. Mol July 23, 2010 at 15:29 #

This woman is so overdone all the time, she loses all her natural sultry cutness. She also always looks swamped by her clothes (the too big heavy sleeves here) and , as many others are saying, way older than she actually is – pity.

9. Fiona July 23, 2010 at 15:42 #

Somehow when I see this dress on her I think that it would have suited Sophia Loren better, which I think is a really bad comment for Eva. She is too short for it I think, and she struggles to fit a dress on her small frame (she never used to, what has changed with her styling or is it her figure that is changing?). Hair is also ageing, very Dynasty Joan Collins – Ken Paves is definitely losing his touch.

10. mochababe73 July 23, 2010 at 18:21 #

I like the dress on her. The sleeves are different than on the model, and I prefer the model’s sleeves to Eva’s. Just because Eva is short doesn’t mean that she can’t wear the dress. A decent stylist would have had the length shortened so that she would not have looked short.
    I know that this may be redundant, but Sarah Jessica’s turquoise colored Nicholas Kirkwood shoes that she loves so much would have been perfect with this dress. And, Eva didn’t need the necklace. It looks like it came from Claire’s and is for prom.

11. Sharon July 23, 2010 at 18:43 #

She looks okay, but I wish she had stayed with the runway stylo. Eva’s sleeves and bodice look so heavy and bunched up and lend an 80s look to the dress. The necklace is unnecessary and the shoes are just boring. If she had copied the runway style head to toe she’d have looked much better. (And thank goodness she can’t critique what I have on today!!)

• Linda July 24, 2010 at 14:35 #

Good point considering I just got up and am wearing an old tee shirt of my husband’s! (That said, I agree with Mol and Chrystelle on this outift)

12. ana July 23, 2010 at 22:25 #

You are right! the dress is really beautiful but she could have wear a different color on her shoes…

13. Si July 23, 2010 at 23:39 #

I prefer the longer sleeves on the model! Also i think the length made her look shorter and the necklace should go since there’s already a lot going on there!