Marion Cotillard For Interview August 2010

Marion Cotillard is the August 2010 cover star for ‘Interview’ magazine.

Her interview was conducted by her ‘Nine’ costar Nicole Kidman. They discuss Congo and Marion’s life as a jet-set actress and environmentalist.

Mikarl Jansson shot Marion who looks like a goddess wearing sultry ensembles by Christian Dior, Giles, Alberta Ferretti and Nina Ricci.

For some reason she’s in various states of undress and doesn’t wear any pants in her entire editorial, yet the mood is not sleazy.

It hits the perfect balance between being exposed and being clothed.

Here are some extracts from her interview with Nicole. You can read more at InterviewMagazine.com

On being an environmentalist and a jetset actress: “It’s a paradox to be an actress, living in the city, taking planes all the time, trying to find the right balance in this life, which is not so eco-friendly, and still try to respect the environment.”

On seeing environmental awareness spread: “I’m very happy with what’s happening now and how the awareness is spreading. Because 10 years ago my mind-set wasn’t really normal for most people. I sounded like a crazy person talking about the environment. People saw me as a hippie who wanted to make my own cheese and live with animals in a house without electricity.”

On returning from a trip to the Congo: “I was in the Congo for a week because I’ve been working with Greenpeace for a while and I’ve been wanting to do a documentary about the forest there. It’s one of the most ancient forests in the world and I met all of these amazing people who are trying to fight against the timber industry cutting down the trees there. People were telling me all about their lives and how they are trying to survive in a country where there is so much corruption. I even slept in one of the forest villages. I really connected to the people there—their hopes and despair and struggles. It was an intense and beautiful trip.”

Credit: Style.com & Interview

Late Night with David Letterman - Anne Heche In Zac Posen

Late Night with David Letterman – Anne Heche In Zac Posen

"So You Think You Can Dance" - Cat Deeley In Lanvin

“So You Think You Can Dance” – Cat Deeley In Lanvin

13 Responses to Marion Cotillard For Interview August 2010

1. Carmen July 23, 2010 at 14:12 #

Why doesn´t she open her eyes??It looks like she ´s high

2. Marvel July 23, 2010 at 14:15 #

I think Marion is absolutely gorgeous but being ‘sexy’ is not her. I feel that the people at ‘Interview’ wanted to make her more ‘sexy’ which is a shame as I think they should focus more on her face rather than her pant-less legs.
    Eva Mendes, Monica Belluci are sexy, not Marion

3. Ferferi in Paris July 23, 2010 at 14:19 #

Zzzzz…. she is so boring to me<1

4. michelle July 23, 2010 at 14:19 #

marion’s spread is great my fav is her in the nina ricci fall. but i have to add although she may be well intentioned. im really tired of poeple only talking about africa, when it pertains to corruption. im not denying that it exists after all corruption is also an international issue, and it would be naieve is she didnt think the western world did not participate, though im not saying she believes that. * rant over* i hope i havent offended anyone

5. chrystelle July 23, 2010 at 15:18 #

Tacky. cheap. gratuitous nudity. I expect something like this from Jen Aniston.

• Laura July 23, 2010 at 19:18 #

This is not tacky or cheap or gratuitous. If those words describe these photographs for you, when do they not? Are ANY nude photographs not tacky or cheap or gratuitous?

6. Mol July 23, 2010 at 15:18 #

I think Marion looks really vulnerable and dreamy in this photo shoot, versus just simply ‘sexy’ in the more usual one dimensional way (like Eva M.) – whether this was what the photographer was going for, or just something that she brought to the table, I don’t know, but I really do like the mood and feeling of this spread. As for her environmentalism, she has, as she says, been environmentally conscious for a long time, at the same time that she is rather torn that she can’t live in an entirely local and simple way because of what she does (and is clearly good at and no doubt loves doing) Obviously the contradiction troubles her.

7. LizLemooooon July 23, 2010 at 15:27 #

Looool this interview. Nicole Kidman sounds like some infatuated teenager getting to meet her idol for the first time and seems to believe that Marion is made up of pure light instead of an actual human. This magazine is embarassing but uh the pics are great and the outfits are amazing. I agree that Marion’s appeal isn’t down to how sexy she is but how she has presence, on screen she really smoulders and here she’s still pretty but sort of lifeless because her best and most defining feature (her eyes) are barely seen so she could be just about anybody.

8. Si July 23, 2010 at 23:56 #

The funny thing for me is that she’s not actually wearing any of the clothes ;)

9. kiwi July 24, 2010 at 07:24 #

sultry, yet not trashy.. something completely different from Marion

10. emily July 24, 2010 at 13:51 #

I love the fact that she looks sexy yet classy eventhough she doesn’t wear underwear in those photos. she is simply beautiful.

11. e July 26, 2010 at 02:40 #

she looks like emily blunt in some of the photos.

12. ~**juDee**~ July 26, 2010 at 15:03 #

I tend to avoid reading or listening to Marion Cotillards interviews. Only because what she says tend to be pointless, or sometimes nonsensical so it ruins her appeal. I haven’t read what she says in this interview for exactly that reason. Its good that she’s working towards helping the environment and those less fortunate (from what I gather glimpsing at words, phrases and the questions). I’ll just settle with looking at the pictures lol :)