23.07.10

2010 Comic-Con: “Salt” Photocall – Angelina Jolie In Versace

Angelina Jolie attended ‘Comic Con’ in San Diego yesterday with her ‘Salt’ co-star Liev Schreiber.

She was dressed head-to-toe in black wearing a fitted black Versace leather jacket, a black Versace pencil skirt and Ferragamo black leather peep toe pumps with black suede patchwork decoration.

It’s a great look for Angelina – albeit very predictable – but I do appreciated the emerald green earrings for that pop of colour I always long for.

The Versace leather jacket is super fitted, almost like a corset. I love how it gives her some curves but wonder how she was able to breathe.

Credit: Getty

Neil Lane / Kay Jewelers Event - Eva Longoria In Gustavo Cadile

Neil Lane / Kay Jewelers Event – Eva Longoria In Gustavo Cadile

On The Set Of Gossip Girl Leighton Meester In 'I HEART Ronson'

On The Set Of Gossip Girl Leighton Meester In ‘I HEART Ronson’

38 Responses to 2010 Comic-Con: “Salt” Photocall – Angelina Jolie In Versace

1. Terry July 23, 2010 at 11:21 #

It’s true: her look is predictable (she has worn black leather outfits many times), yet she looks stunning!

• Fashion Critic July 23, 2010 at 11:28 #

exactly. I just can’t moan about it being all black when it looks this good.

• lukie July 23, 2010 at 22:56 #

Angie rarely ever looks really bad she always just looks boring and predictable.

• MsNJS July 25, 2010 at 23:20 #

I agree. She looks like a knockout in this outfit. Esp in the pics with the sunglasses, looked like she was on the catwalk.

2. BB July 23, 2010 at 11:22 #

Would love to see her in Victoria Beckham designs! Seeing her in this fitted body con jacket makes me think she’d pull off Ms. Beckham’s designs, in her own right, in a mayjah way!

3. mm July 23, 2010 at 11:26 #

I see conservative sexy business woman teacher mother here

4. lisa July 23, 2010 at 11:29 #

More black. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Naomi July 23, 2010 at 12:38 #

My thoughts exactly.

5. Elise July 23, 2010 at 11:36 #

She looks good but she is so boring, her hair always looks the same and she always choose the ugliest shoes !

6. Marvel July 23, 2010 at 11:53 #

I hate this look!

Her arch nemesis is stepping up the game and I would have thought she would be doing the same.

I cant wait for this promotional tour to be over so she can get off the red carpet.

7. wilwarin July 23, 2010 at 12:06 #

i love the jacket but red skirt with this look would’ve been that wow effect…

8. Elena July 23, 2010 at 12:12 #

OMG she looks terrible.
    I don’t like anything about her here!!!!!

9. seggie July 23, 2010 at 12:33 #

She looks great – except for the botoxed face – but this is too much of a look we’ve seen some many times, it bores me

10. Nicola July 23, 2010 at 12:47 #

She needs a haircut!! I think she’d suit a softer look, this looks outdated.

11. Lara July 23, 2010 at 13:33 #

Snoooooze (droool) zzzzzzzz (snooooore)…. wake me up when its over. NOT impressed. Again, much like Kristen Stewart, she is such a snoozefest that people actually have to “look for the positive” in order to give praise. She looks good… but come on, we’re talking fashion…. it’s a bore, right down to her black peep-toes

• TD July 23, 2010 at 15:38 #

I totally agree with you in this instance. Usually she does a lot better.

12. Dorian Gray July 23, 2010 at 13:40 #

The jacket reminds me of the black leather dress that she wore for “Mr and Mrs Smith” premiere and I loved it!

13. Chloé July 23, 2010 at 13:47 #

In the title you wrote “Verasce”… I adore your site by the way!

• Fashion Critic July 23, 2010 at 14:11 #

thanks and thanks :)

14. Sophie July 23, 2010 at 13:50 #

Want…jacket…must have!!

15. Anissa July 23, 2010 at 14:39 #

It’s for Comic Con not a red carpet so I think it’s great. She looks like she just walked off the set (and that’s the look that the crowds there want to see). She’s playing it up for the crowd :)

16. jadel July 23, 2010 at 14:42 #

one word “STUNNNING”……………

17. mari July 23, 2010 at 15:21 #

BDOTW look. She has the looks to pull this femme fatale style very well.
    She’s going to be wearing lots of black and leather. She was wearing those flowy and unshaped dresses and pants with no fitting for a long while. Actually going back to black and form-fitting dresses is an improvement in my eyes.

18. Mol July 23, 2010 at 15:32 #

It’s a photocall, not a red carpet, so we can’t expect something stellar. She does look great (for the look that it is), but I confess, I’m bored.

19. TD July 23, 2010 at 15:37 #

I don’t think she looks that great & she looks really oily. Her hair could have used a wash or two. I am a big Angelina fan usually… but her last two looks have been below standards.

20. Z Fashion Blog July 23, 2010 at 18:04 #

I’m hating everything about this “SALT” movie!
    Even the title..

It has to win the award for the worst dressed red carpet stars..EVER!

21. LizLemooooon July 23, 2010 at 18:22 #

I think she looks fierce, stunning, sexy etc! I love that jacket and need it in my life. Dita Von Teese would also look great in this and a bit more polished.
    As for her hair, as much as I love Angelina Jolie I think girlfriend could use some hair extensions to thicken out her hair or at the very least style it somewhat. I like her earrings tho! It always upsets me when celebs refuse to wear jewellery with outfits so I’m glad to see she accessorised this.

22. mochababe73 July 23, 2010 at 18:28 #

When I first saw the picture, I didn’t think that it was Angelina Jolie. For a minute, I thought that she was Kerry Washington. Don’t know where that came from.
    Anyway, this is Angelina. She’s back in black. I can’t help but to think that she should have worn the studded shoes by Louboutin (?).
    Just like last time, her make-up is horrible as well as her hair. Such a shame. I always liked Angelina because her look was unique. But, she is starting to look like every other celebrity.

• Fashion Critic July 23, 2010 at 18:30 #

Eh??? LOL :)

• pipsqueak July 23, 2010 at 21:14 #

I can see that. There’s a bit Kerry Washington in the picture – the expression in the eyes and the way her mouth looked.

23. Sharon July 23, 2010 at 18:36 #

Has anyone noticed that the comments about Angelina are almost totally interchangeable with the comments about Jennifer Aniston? Boring colors, never changing hairstyle, same style dresses, etc. Guess Brad’s girls have a lot in common!

24. pipsqueak July 23, 2010 at 21:21 #

Agreed with one reader – it’s only Comic Con. Angie looked ok. I don’t know why she was at Comic Con. Salt isn’t based on a comic book. I just wish celebs like her would use their clout (intentionally or not) to promote the very underrated graphic literature called alternative comics (or graphic novels). I wish she would’ve played the title character in Posey Simmons’s Tamara Drewe and the movie had been a bigger production.

25. Laura July 23, 2010 at 23:07 #

The only big issue I have is the feel of the look. When Angie wears LBD’s a lot of the time she gives it a more summery feel in the summer with her styling. The leather jacket destroys that. I do like the curves, and Angie looks great. But it’s nearly impossible for her to look bad.

26. Rebecca July 24, 2010 at 00:34 #

Angelina doesn’t need to breathe.

27. kiwi July 24, 2010 at 07:32 #

She looks stunning.. so what if its all black-she needs to put on some weight though

28. Hilary July 24, 2010 at 20:09 #

The jacket is incredible, the best leather jackets I’ve seen in a loooong time..

Would still love her to take some risks with hair and make-up…they’re both so dull. I feel like she has no fun with her looks, which is such a pity because she is amazing.

29. Michelle. July 25, 2010 at 02:08 #

Boring. ‘Nuff said.

30. Sara July 27, 2010 at 09:47 #

are you sure this isn’t a madame tussauds creation?