Who Wore Isabel Marant Better? Jessica Alba or Maggie Gyllenhaal

Last month two very stylish mums were spotted wearing this Isabel Marant denim dress.

Jessica Alba wore her peasant dress with black combat boots on a brunch date with her family in LA.

A few days later Maggie Gyllenhaal was spotted wearing the same dress whilst strolling through the West Village in New York City with her young daughter.

She paired her mini dress with maroon shorts, red sandals and a beige cardigan.

I prefer how Jessica wore this as a dress compared to Maggie who’s wore it as a top, so Jessica wins for me.

Credit: Fame Pictures

Mulberry's LA Pool Party

Mulberry’s LA Pool Party

"Knight and Day" Munich Premiere - Cameron Diaz In Bottega Veneta

“Knight and Day” Munich Premiere – Cameron Diaz In Bottega Veneta

12 Responses to Who Wore Isabel Marant Better? Jessica Alba or Maggie Gyllenhaal

1. danielle July 22, 2010 at 09:15 #

i think jessica looks the best because her look is so simple and not ott like maggie’s…plus i love the boots

2. june July 22, 2010 at 09:36 #

i think maggie wore it as a top because otherwise it’s way too short of a dress for her and she’d be flashing the world (she is, i assume, much taller than jessica). i really like how maggie styled it though, because i hate those boots jessica’s wearing, so maggie wins for me

3. seggie July 22, 2010 at 09:56 #

I’m so glad Isabel Marrant is getting so much exposure with our celebs, I’ve been loving her designs for years and it’s nice to see her work is so much noticed.
    Last year everybody was going crazy for Stella McCartney resort collection, I think Isabel has taking over for this year, hasn’t she?

4. BB July 22, 2010 at 10:19 #

For interest regarding Ms. Gyllenhaal’s shoes:

What intrigues me is that they are tres horrid yet she pulls them off!

5. Z Fashion Blog July 22, 2010 at 12:38 #

The cardigan ruined it for Maggie..

6. LizLemooooon July 22, 2010 at 15:03 #

Although Jessica’s version looks better because of the minimal accessorising I think its pretty obvious she was dressed like this by a stylist so on principle I’ll go with Maggie. Plus her look is far more practical for a day out with her daughter.

7. Mandy July 22, 2010 at 15:12 #

Oh i absolutely love this with the boots!

8. pipsqueak July 22, 2010 at 15:58 #

Hot for Jessica; Not for Maggie. I don’t mind Maggie’s cardigan or the fact that she wore the dress as a top. But those freaking sandals were a big turnoff for me. Puleeeze … no soccer mom sandals for anything as cool as Isabel Marant! Jessica’s boots rocked.

9. mochababe73 July 22, 2010 at 16:28 #

Other than the fact that Jessica’s dress is a bit short for my taste. And it’s really too hot for boots, but I like Jessica’s better. Maggie’s shorts ruined it for me.

10. Susan July 22, 2010 at 16:36 #

Yuck – neither. Are you kidding me – that top looks like wrinkled hot mess and something I would see at Kohl’s.

11. Mol July 22, 2010 at 17:45 #

I don’t like Jessica’s take on this at all – I love combat boots, but somehow I’m finding the combo here fake. I do like what Maggie has done however (including the shoes and the cardi), so she gets my vote.

12. Gaber July 22, 2010 at 19:03 #

Maggie.
    Oh so Maggie.

The shorts are a stroke of genius. I absolutely adore the cardigan also. And then there are the glasses, the red shoes and the bag – all so nice.

I seriously love this look.