Vanessa Bruno LA Dinner

Vanessa Bruno is another out-of-town designer, who’s keen to get young Hollywood wearing her clothes.

UK stars like Nicola Roberts and Cheryl Cole know all about Vanessa Bruno, so Rachel Bilson and Kate Bosworth were formally introduced at a dinner party in LA last night.

Rachel mixed two pieces from Vanessa Bruno’s Spring 2010 collection.

I absolutely love this look from head-to-toe.

Her look included a Vanessa Bruno cape style blazer with a striped top and an orange Vanessa Bruno skirt.

An embellished clutch and tan sandals complete this chic look.

This is the first time in a long time I’ve loved a Rachel Bilson red carpet look.

This is BDOTW worthy for me.

Kate Bosworth enjoys her second night out in a row with a fabulous designer.

The blonde actress wore an orange Vanessa Bruno Spring 2010 spaghetti strap dress which had a high-low hemline.

A matching Vanessa Bruno puff-sleeved asymmetrical blouse worn as a cardigan and matchy Jonathan Kelsey ‘Amy’ pumps complete the look.

I love matchy matchy looks, but even this is too one tone for me.

Rachel showed much more imagination with her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

"Last Girl On Earth Tour" LA After Show Party - Rihanna In D&G

“Last Girl On Earth Tour” LA After Show Party – Rihanna In D&G

"Knight and Day" London Premiere - Cameron Diaz In Stella McCartney

“Knight and Day” London Premiere – Cameron Diaz In Stella McCartney

19 Responses to Vanessa Bruno LA Dinner

1. Amy July 22, 2010 at 19:33 #

Nicola Roberts not Nicole.

• Fashion Critic July 22, 2010 at 19:43 #

thanks. for some reason I always call her nicole

2. Moxie July 22, 2010 at 19:39 #

Not only is Kate’s outfit too matchy-matchy, her hair is lifeless and her face looks washed out.

3. vicky July 22, 2010 at 19:54 #

I don’t feel any of these are BDOTW worthy.
    Jennifer Aniston is always slammed for not changing her hairstyle but the same should be said about Rachel Bilson. And I think she has worse hairstyle because it mostly looks unwashed and the two-toned thing that’s going on is horrible.
    That said she has the best outfit at this event.
    Kate rarely gets it 100% right and this is no exception, way to matchy.

• Hannah July 22, 2010 at 21:32 #

TOTALLY agree on Rachel’s hair, but I do LOVE the ensemble. Another thing about Rachel’s hair is that it always look sthe same. No matte rwhere sh eis. and the minimal/ non-existant makeup is really beggining to annoy me. Th efact it is two toned just throws salt on the wound of it all, doesn’t it?

• Si July 23, 2010 at 02:45 #

I loved Rachel’s outfit, the way she matched everything and how her shoes somehow matched the skirt without being too much like Kate’s! But agree on the hair! It looks dirty and the colour is awful! Plus she should have done a bun like the models!

4. Elise July 22, 2010 at 19:57 #

Rachel looks cute, but I hate Kate’s looks, it is too matchy matchy. Her hair and make up are boring !

5. Mol July 22, 2010 at 19:57 #

Rachel plays a tricky game with all the different elements of this outfit and she pulls it off perfectly – I adore how it comes together and would def support it being on BDOTW as a choice.

6. Jennifer July 22, 2010 at 20:20 #

Rachel is smouldering. Go right on ahead with putting her up for BDOTW. Don’t know what went through Kate’s head when she picked this outfit, it completely washes her out!! At least put on some eyeshadow so her face doesn’t completely pale into the background.. She really does look like she has had some Botox done. And those shoes…..

7. Marvel July 22, 2010 at 20:34 #

There is far too much going on for Rachel’s outfit. I hate that jacket on her and her hair look so ratty. I dont think VB will suit her at all

There’s being Victoria Beckham matchy and then there’s Kate Bosworth matchy.

Im surprised none of them wore pieces from the Fall collection

8. marian July 22, 2010 at 21:29 #

rachel looks great but her hair is hurting me.

9. Yaas July 22, 2010 at 21:34 #

I absolutely adore Rachel Bilson’s outfit. BDOTW imo.

10. mochababe73 July 22, 2010 at 23:16 #

I like Rachel’s outfit, but I may not have worn the striped shirt. This may be the first time that I’ve ever liked anything that she’s worn. Rachel bores me.
    Never been a fan of Kate Bosworth-acting or style. Because she didn’t break up all of that tangerine color, the outfit ages her. A different colored jacket or shoes (animal print) would have gone a long way. It doesn’t help that she wore a completely shapeless dress.

11. Yves July 22, 2010 at 23:47 #

i absolutely adore rachel’s look!!!!!!!!!!

12. niya July 23, 2010 at 00:41 #

ooh rachel looks supercute! I’m not usually one to squee but she really deserves it. And this time the beachy hair compliments the look (imo).

13. T from Sydney July 23, 2010 at 01:20 #

i like rachels outfit im not sure its BDOTW tho. and the hair is bugging me, as for kate….its terrible
    i have to agree with all of you about the never changing hair styles for both girls (hiar parted in the middle) and no makeup
    i think both of them are tha same age 27/28 but rachel looks way younger to kate
    @Jennifer she does look like shes done some botox but at 27??

14. Gaber July 23, 2010 at 07:51 #

On the first look I actually adored Rachel’s look.
    And now on the second (and third … tenth) – I don’t feel it anymore.
    The stripped top is really bad. The pattern itself is superb and it works really nicely, but the design is bad. It really fails to flatter by making her look quite wide and, what’s even worse, it makes the superbly cute skirt look like a patch of fabric.
    I also hate the shoes.

The looks has the potential to be insanely good, but the execution is just really poor.
    Too bad.

15. lisa July 23, 2010 at 10:27 #

Love Rachel’s look, HATE her hair.

16. Ally July 23, 2010 at 12:59 #

I really like Rachel’s look…it is so Hamptons. Now can someone please give her a job?? She is actually an entertaining actress, unlike some of the other ladies who end up just being redcarpet regulars and not working.