Olivia Palermo Loves…Bensoni

Olivia Palermo is a style icon, New York socialite, star of “The City”.

What I love about her style is that she never seems to go for the obvious and she’s always supports up-and-coming designers.

Her current favourite is Bensoni.

The design duo – Benjamin Channing Clyburn and Sonia Yoon – create flirty, feminine statement pieces which suit Olivia’s style so it’s no wonder she’s head-over-heels in love.

Back in February she wore a sky blue Bensoni dress contrasting it with black tights and a black patent belt.

Her hooded Paddington Bear-esqe Bensoni coat was the perfect winter warm-up look to keep the cold weather at bay during London Fashion Week.

Olivia caused a bit of a ruckus wearing a Bensoni Spring 2010 ensemble to the “Guess By Marciano & ELLE Event” which you would’ve seen on “The City”.

I love the combination of colours, patterns and texture with this look. It may seem like a lot is going on, but it all works well together.

Finally my favourite Bensoni look was the leopard print silk dress she wore to the Elie Saab Fall 2010 Couture show.

I met her at this show, and she’s was such a sweetie. That show really gives her a bad rep.

I loved her accessories with this look. The leopard print belt is particularly interesting. It could’ve been overkill, but for me it’s perfection.

You can see more of Bensoni work by viewing their Fall 2010 collection on Style.com.

Credit: Style.com, Bensoni.com, Vanessa Jackman & Getty

Who Wore Louis Vuitton Better? Miranda Kerr or Serena Williams

Who Wore Louis Vuitton Better? Miranda Kerr or Serena Williams

Olivia Palermo For ASOS Magazine

Olivia Palermo For ASOS Magazine

17 Responses to Olivia Palermo Loves…Bensoni

1. Marvel July 22, 2010 at 12:29 #

I just dont get her and her style.
    The first look is alright but is bought down by tights
    The second looks just plain ridiculous
    The third look has far TOO much going
    I could have liked the fourth look if it wasnt for the belt

It is nice that she is supporting upcoming designers though. Does she have a stylist?

• mm July 22, 2010 at 13:51 #

I heard from people who work at different shops in NY that she doesnt have a stylist and she shops for herself.

• Yerdeh July 24, 2010 at 04:02 #

yeah she styles herself, which makes her ensembles even more impressive. I agree RC that because it’s unpredictable it’s always interesting. She wears what I would wear. The 4th look is amazing! Not everyone can pull it off.

2. Barbara July 22, 2010 at 13:32 #

I totally get her, actually lol
    And for me she is absolutely fantastic! Everything she wears has her face, her touch and its so original… that’s not very common! Also besides her accessories – which I love! – she is age appropriate and extremely elegant!
    This is pure fashion for me, in its best way…

3. Z Fashion Blog July 22, 2010 at 13:38 #

Not much into Bensoni.
    I like retro style brands but not this one..

BTW FC you forgot the N in Bensoni in the second phot ;-)

4. mm July 22, 2010 at 13:49 #

I love her style. Love how she shops her closet. I love that she finds a great acessory and will wear it with many different types of looks. Her hair and skin always look healthy and gorgeous.

The work she has done at Elle has failed to impress me. I think DVF was a better fit. I am glad she was sweet to you. They dont show many of Olivia’s friends or her boyfriend on the city, so we only get to see one side of her.

5. Jennifer July 22, 2010 at 13:55 #

I LOVE when I click on “Red Carpet Fashion Awards” and the first name I see is Olivia Palermo, I get so excited!! She is just beyond chic, I love that she doesn’t always wear the designer of the show/event she is at, she wears what she wants to wear, unlike a certain other socialite – Leigh Lezark. I also love her mixture of prints and her use of colour.

6. chrystelle July 22, 2010 at 13:59 #

She always drowns in her outfits. I’ve never seen her in something eye-catching and memorable.
    The word style icon has been so overused that i don’t think it has the same meaning anymore and she is no “style icon” as far as i’m concerned.

7. olivia July 22, 2010 at 14:53 #

the girl always looks good. i am not a big fan of her but love her style.

8. Mol July 22, 2010 at 15:12 #

I like the third and fourth looks a lot, and I especially love her accessories – you are right F.C., that leopard print belt is ‘perfection’ – wish it was mine!

9. mochababe73 July 22, 2010 at 16:11 #

I fell in love with Olivia after watching a marathon of The City on MTV. I don’t see why no one likes her including Erin. I agree that the show gives her a bad reputation.
    Anyway, I love her style as well. With a little tweaking (I am a big older with a hubby and kids), I would wear every outfit.

10. Amber July 22, 2010 at 17:18 #

She’s always half and half for me. The editing and stuff on the show probably does make her look worse than she really is but I do think she has a very privileged attitude.

11. Elaine July 22, 2010 at 17:53 #

I would kill for this girls wardrobe – love how she wears clothes a bit differently to most and doesn’t play it safe all the time, mixing patterns, textures and colours that many would be too afraid to do. I love every single one of these looks.

Glad she is nicer in reality than she is portrayed on the show. addictive as the show is, just goes to show thats is nearly as far from reality as avatar!!

12. Pablo July 22, 2010 at 18:02 #

I looooooove Olivia!

I think her style’s great because of two things: she’s never predictable (her Bensoni love, being an example) and she’s awesome at accessorising (I agree with you: that leopard belt she wore in Paris is so clever)!

Her hunched shoulders bother me, but oh well, nobody’s perfect! :)

13. LIDA July 22, 2010 at 21:00 #

FYI you can pretend to be sweet and nice. Have you ever thought that the show doesnt portray her a certain way its her actions. She appears self entitled which is not a stretch for rich girls and too goood to do things

• Fashion Critic July 22, 2010 at 21:13 #

She doesn’t owe me a dollar, so she has no reason to be nice to me.

Fact is she IS a nice girl. Next thing you’ll be telling me that “The Hills” and “the City” is real.

Come on they are all playing characters and since she’s the “rich girl” of course her character is to be nasty.

I’ve met many celebs at fashion week and on the red carpet and the worst have been Kate Walsh and Kristen Scott Thomas.

14. Gaber July 23, 2010 at 07:59 #

The second look is so good that it hurts. The way her hair is styled just leaves me speechless.
    Love it, love it, love it.