22.07.10 Premiere

“Knight and Day” London Premiere – Cameron Diaz In Stella McCartney

When I saw Cameron Diaz on the red carpet with Tom Cruise this evening in London for their “Knight and Day” Premiere my question was, “why are celebs dressing down on the red carpet in London?”

First we had Marion Cotillard wearing a beachy Thakoon dress, now we have Cameron Diaz wearing a sweater dress.

A Stella McCartney sweater dress, but a sweater dress none the less.

And that’s not even the real issue. My issue is we’ve seen Stella McCartney sweater dresses so many times before. This is nothing new.

I don’t like this look from the dress to the peep-toes.

Cameron may have got my vote had she opted for silver strappy sandals, but this gets nil points from me.

What’s next Angelina Jolie arriving on the red carpet for her “Salt” London premiere wearing a Juicy Couture velour tracksuit?

Credit: Getty

Jennifer Lopez In Zuhair Murad Couture -  LULAC/NUVOtv Unity Luncheon

Jennifer Lopez In Zuhair Murad Couture – LULAC/NUVOtv Unity Luncheon

"Knight and Day" Bordeaux Premiere - Cameron Diaz In Vionnet

“Knight and Day” Bordeaux Premiere – Cameron Diaz In Vionnet

49 Responses to “Knight and Day” London Premiere – Cameron Diaz In Stella McCartney

1. Kiran Sooknandan July 22, 2010 at 19:53 #

HAHA Angelina in Juicy Couture, I literally laughed out loud. That’s why we love you FC, fashion and wit just a click away whenever we want to escape our normal daily life (having said that, since I hit refresh on this site like 30 times a day checking updates for the last 3 years, I figure I should start considering this a part of my daily schedule! I was deleting old emails and came across that little piece I sent you urging Sharon Stone not to wear Dior pre fall (the leopard collection) and even that one you sent me during ”The Vanessa Hudgens incident.” Memories!

• Fashion Critic July 22, 2010 at 19:57 #

yes memories…some good. some bad.

We’ve come a long way, yet these stars still make mistakes on the red carpet

• Janice July 23, 2010 at 05:29 #

I haven’t been here long, but this seem interesting. If you don’t mind asking…what vanessa hudgens incident are you referring to? curious mind inquiring haha :)

• Fashion Critic July 23, 2010 at 08:47 #

one crazy fan started a hate campaign which lasted about 2 months

2. ber July 22, 2010 at 19:56 #

If it comes in black, Angelina may wear it!

• Fashion Critic July 22, 2010 at 20:08 #

lol…she better not

• Beatriz Duarte July 22, 2010 at 20:29 #

I thought the exact same thing: BLACK Juicy Couture tracksuit LOL

Well, I must say that I actually like all Stella McCartney sweater dresses because they look so confortable and yet elegant. But isn’t hers a little too short?

3. Leska July 22, 2010 at 19:57 #

OMG what is happening with Cameron face?????

• Kaylie July 22, 2010 at 21:49 #

that’s what i’ve been thinking during this tour…

• stilettolover91 July 23, 2010 at 01:14 #

It’s called AGING, she’s close to 40 already!!

• Fiona July 23, 2010 at 15:47 #

Close to 40 does not equal what is happening with her, she looks like she has been having plumping injections of collagen or something as she is lumpy and puffy where once she was not. Ageing makes thing go flatter not plumper. Whilst I like the colour and sparkle and concept of a sweater dress (albeit not for a premiere), practically speaking what happens when she walks or sits down? It must ride up and get a sag in the bottom, it is only made to stand up in obviously.

4. pipsqueak July 22, 2010 at 19:58 #

I love this look head to toe, but I admit it was a tad too casual for the occasion. On the other hand, my inner cynic thought it was the “perfect” look for a flop. The only chance for Knight and Day to make some money is probably the emerging markets where these two actors’ celebrity is still in its prime time.

• Fashion Critic July 22, 2010 at 20:08 #

ouch…I thought I was harsh ;)

• LeeAnn July 22, 2010 at 20:32 #

hey she liked the outfit !

• Mol July 22, 2010 at 21:54 #

I love the look too, even though wrong for the event, and unfortunately, I agree with the rest of your comment. Not sorry to see Tom go down in star wattage, but I have always enjoyed Cameron…..

• mari July 23, 2010 at 04:11 #

do you really think that in 3rd world countries people get in line to see Tom Cruise????
      There are HUGE lines to see all the twilight movies for sure, and yes, with the adequate ammount of good publicity people will go to see their films, but not as to create a big sucess… The Mission Impossible franchise is his biggest chance to make money, but I personally would not pay to see TC, but I love Cameron comedies, so I may watch this when it comes out on TV.

About the fashion…Cameron is lovely, and her charisma is great, but the short tight dress tactic is worn out, as the Aniston move; I think. She need to show that she has fantastic legs and a nice body in a differet way, I think.

5. Elise July 22, 2010 at 19:59 #

I really love her look here, the sweater is amazing, I love the color and her legs look perfect.
    The only thing I dislike is the shoes, nude shoes would have been perfect !

6. mm July 22, 2010 at 20:12 #

LMAO, you are too funny FC. This is seriously dressed down for the red carpet, she didnt even do anything to the hair. I just feel like i want to ask her “where are your pants”

7. Marvel July 22, 2010 at 20:31 #

A complete and utter disappointment.

Maybe stars arent dressing up for London as maybe America is more ‘important’.

• Mol July 22, 2010 at 22:05 #

hmmm, guess Katie Holmes didn’t get that message for her premiere the other day in New York : )

• Marvel July 23, 2010 at 00:20 #

LOL

8. Linda July 22, 2010 at 20:38 #

Tom Cruise is dressed pretty casually himself. Do we usually see leading mean in jeans at premieres? Maybe they planned it!

9. Caroline July 22, 2010 at 20:39 #

But wouldn’t it have looked weird if she was really dressy and he still looked like something walking the streets of .. I don’t know, somewhere where denim on denim was appropriate? At least their looks work sorta well together.

10. WendyB July 22, 2010 at 20:49 #

I love that Tom is wearing double denim per my denim predictions http://wendybrandes.com/blog/category/double-denim/

11. Hannah July 22, 2010 at 21:04 #

I have this same dress in I think a lsightly different colour and I wore it the other day with an oversized clutch and flats to lunch. The point I am trying to make is that it is WAY to casual. Cameron has way more (if slightly repetitive) style and grood dressing sense to know better. London does get treated like thecrappypremiere place though, howmany peopl who aren’t english actually attend the baftas for example? Really dissappointed.

12. amber July 22, 2010 at 21:12 #

I like the dress but it is too casual for her own movie premiere. And silver strappy sandals definitely would’ve been better.

13. WillieDeuce July 22, 2010 at 21:31 #

The red carpet behind them is completely devoid of other attendees. It looks as though this premiere was as well attended as the film has been since its release elsewhere.
    I like the dress, not the shoes.
    Cameron looks to be the same height as Tom in this picture. I had no idea she was so short.

• LeeAnn July 22, 2010 at 21:58 #

she isn’t she is 5’9”-tom is wearing heels

• mari July 23, 2010 at 04:17 #

LOL, his shoes look HUGE. after seeing picture of him and his choice of clothing for a while, I am willing to bet that he thinks that wearing a certain type of jeans with this shoes is dissimuling/hiding the hidden heels.
        Now that’s something I’d pay for, to see those secret magical heels!

• mari July 23, 2010 at 04:19 #

sorry for my faulty spelling/grammar.

• Janice July 23, 2010 at 05:32 #

haha seriously?

14. luiza July 22, 2010 at 21:36 #

FC, it was soooo much better when you put 2 pictures of the look on the post, why you’re putting just 1 right now?

15. dressaddict July 22, 2010 at 21:38 #

I hate it. Uffffff, I said it… (I thought it would hurt ;) )

16. Inga Svensson July 22, 2010 at 21:54 #

HA HA HA HA love your sense of humor!

However, when it comes Cameron Diaz…I don’t care if she wore a garbage sack as a dress….she’s still look HOT! ;)

17. LizLemooooon July 22, 2010 at 22:23 #

I’ve come up with some theories for this outfit:
    One; I’ve come to suspect that many celebs don’t actually like fashion or dressing up and only do it as part of their job so whenever they get to dress themselves this is the most they will do.
    Two: Her stylist is off sick
    Three: Her luggage got lost
    Four: This is the worst theory but I think she actually thinks this is stylish and appropriate because it’s sparkly. Uh no Cameron, it’s not.

• Fashion Critic July 22, 2010 at 22:37 #

Love this. I’m going with number #4

18. mochababe73 July 22, 2010 at 23:22 #

I bet if she had the sleeves removed and worn a dressier pair of shoes, there would be no issues. Changing her hair would also do alot to rid the look of its casualness.
    But…as I see it, they are both looking pretty casual. Maybe it was a casual premiere.

• Sharon July 23, 2010 at 01:10 #

I thought the same thing — both of them are pretty casual and I can’t believe that’s a coincidence. Anyhow, when I look at the picture, I don’t see Tom at all, and Cameron’s dress fades to background. All I see are legs, legs, legs I would die for. In my next life .. . fingers crossed.

19. Yves July 22, 2010 at 23:46 #

omgosh! what if she really does!?

20. Christian July 23, 2010 at 00:45 #

i don’t get this look. i thought rachel zoe was her stylist? this is NOT a RZ look!

21. Z Fashion Blog July 23, 2010 at 05:58 #

One word: EMBARRASSING!

I mean what were both of them thinking???

She in that ugly sparky dress with black shoes, no accessories and that hairdo.

He in that passè denim outfit without even tucking the shirt in!

They think they are still young and cool and can wear whatever they want and still look fabulous???!

22. lisa July 23, 2010 at 10:29 #

I do love the sweater but agree it is no way film premiere worthy. Really surprised as well by La Cruise’s choice of jeans and a shity – he normally wears a suit to things like this. What do they have against London?

23. kiwi July 24, 2010 at 07:39 #

Both are wearing looks that are event inappropriate. He must be wearing some 4 inch heels

24. Jen July 24, 2010 at 18:16 #

what I want to know is how they have managed to pose consistently while promoting this film so that Cameron, who is 5’9″ plus heels, doesn’t tower over Tom who is 5’7″ on a good day.

• Leo July 24, 2010 at 20:51 #

Simple. Tom’s people are controlling and forced Cameron to slouch to make his hidden shoe lifts work like magic :)

25. Jen July 24, 2010 at 21:03 #

I’m also convinced he’s wearing lifts inside his footwear.

26. Chris July 27, 2010 at 20:07 #

well, Tom Cruise is wearing jeans.
    You are blaming Cameron, who is at least putting some effort in her outfit – and Tom’s outfit is much worse.
    Why did you not say anything about Tom? Hmmm?

• Fashion Critic July 27, 2010 at 20:48 #

because my blog is about WOMENS fashion. I don’t comment on what men wear

27. Rj August 9, 2010 at 20:04 #

i love her dress, i want it, anyone know where to find it? I agree though, way to casual!