Who Wore Lanvin Better? Jennifer Lopez or Rihanna

Jennifer Lopez looked breath-taking wearing her Lanvin Spring 2010 dress to “The Back-Up Plan” London Premiere during April.

She really got into the spirit of her Lanvin look by also styling her hair like the models who walked the runway.

A Lanvin necklace, black satin Ferragamo heels and a Jimmy Choo ‘Cecile’ clutch completed the look.

Rihanna wore the same dress to dinner at AGO restaurant in Hollywood this week.

She’s still sporting that bright red hair colour and I hate to admit that it’s slightly growing on me.

The singer only paired her look with nude heels.

I think they both look fantastic and both deserve to win, but I’ll give this to Jennifer as I loved her waist defining leather belt and statement necklace.

Who wins this for you?

Credit: Style.com, PacificCoastNews & Getty

2010 VH1 Do Something Awards - Kristen Bell In Georges Chakra Couture

2010 VH1 Do Something Awards – Kristen Bell In Georges Chakra Couture

In Rihanna's Closet - House of Holland Elastic Dress

In Rihanna’s Closet – House of Holland Elastic Dress

17 Responses to Who Wore Lanvin Better? Jennifer Lopez or Rihanna

1. molly July 21, 2010 at 08:17 #

I have never been able to get past the fact that this dress looks like a garbage bag/bin liner. Jennifer wins hands-down for me because she has styled it to look like a dress. The wide belt makes a huge difference. Rihanna’s thin belt and lack of accessories do nothing. Just looks like she slipped into a Hefty bag, tied the twist-tie around her waist, and walked out to dinner.

• S-tyle July 21, 2010 at 15:51 #

Totally agree!

Jennifer wins for me too and I still think it looks like a garbage bag.

2. Clare July 21, 2010 at 08:41 #

I think a dress like this needs BIG decorating – big hair, big jewels ( although not too many) and big attitude. Rihanna looks to demure with the lack of glam – which makes it look like bin-bag-esque. Normally Rihanna is the first one to over-glam – which looks fab for her! Love Jennifer – she is stunning.

3. Vicky July 21, 2010 at 09:29 #

It’s a designer binbag to me, and all the jewels in the world can’t hide that fact.
    However, I feel that Rihanna’s too tight around the legs and I will never warm to her current (ridiculous) hair colour/hairstyle.
    For once she hasn’t gone overboard with the styling but I think this dress look better on JLO

4. danielle July 21, 2010 at 10:18 #

I think jennifer looks great,but rihanna dress looks more fitted,even though jennifer wins by adding the right eye popping acceseries

• mari July 21, 2010 at 13:20 #

agree. the skirt pat looks nice on Rihanna, but overall Jlo wins.

5. Z Fashion Blog July 21, 2010 at 10:58 #

I prefer Jennifer Lopez because of the hairdo, but I would have worn a more simple necklace with that dress (even though it was presented on the runway this way).

6. Danny July 21, 2010 at 12:49 #

It’s like a trash bag on Rihanna. Poor her

7. Ev July 21, 2010 at 14:32 #

I don’t like the dress itself, but shockingly this time Rihanna wins for me. First of all, I really disliked Jennifer’s hair with this dress even back in April, and now in comparison with Rihanna’s ‘do (which I don’t mind for the first time in a long time) I dislike them even more. And second, I prefer nude heels to black ones.

8. Janard "Fashions-Flyest" Williams July 21, 2010 at 14:38 #

They should switch shoes!

9. Mandy July 21, 2010 at 14:48 #

I still don’t get the fuss over this dress and how it had previously won BDOTW. It still look like some ugly cheap bin bag.

10. fashionbytes July 21, 2010 at 15:03 #

I was never a huge fan of this look but I would agree with the general consensus that J-Lo makes it work. Its definately her hair and the necklace that seals the deal for me…Rihanna’s look is too plain and her thinner belt draws too much attention to her stomach.

11. lici_u July 21, 2010 at 15:48 #

It`s amazing how JLo made this “ugly cheap pin bag” look so fabulous, so far better than the model … and Rih.

12. mochababe73 July 21, 2010 at 18:14 #

I never really liked this dress. It looks like a bad Project Runway challenge (hardware store). I give it to Jennifer because it looks less like a trash bag.
    In all honesty, I would have loved to have seen the dress with a one shoulder and without the sleeve.

13. Rebel July 22, 2010 at 00:24 #

I guess I’m the only one that loves this dress! One of my fave J.Lo looks. Rihanna doesn’t look bad herself but come on J.Lo is a pro at this.

• Fashion Critic July 22, 2010 at 09:51 #

Nope I love it too

14. Kim July 26, 2010 at 06:29 #

Jennifer wins for me. I love the way the statement necklace pops against the black.