21.07.10

Mulberry’s LA Pool Party

Emma Hill, Mulberry’s Creative Director, hosted a dinner in LA last night to introduced Hollywood starlets to the Mulberry Fall 2010 collection.

The dinner was followed by a pool party with special guest DJ Alexa Chung.

I’m not Alexa’s biggest fan, but I do love her look.

Whilst Rachel Bilson is wearing her denim shorts with simple tees, Alexa opted for a sexy satin Mulberry shirt with the sleeves rolled up.

It not a combo I would’ve thought of, but it really works for Alexa.

Her look was paired with black strappy sandals and her Mulberry leopard print ‘Alexa’ bag.

Cat Deeley wore a sequined LBD with a leather jacket and Mulberry Maggie booties.

Kate Bosworth let her accessories do the talking by sporting a Mulberry ‘Margret’ leopard print calf skin bag.

Shenae Grimes was my favourite at this event.

She looked cute in a Mulberry chain dress dress from the Fall 2010 collection.

I much prefer the her champagne coloured dress to the runway black.  I love this look so much I’ll ignore her ankle boots.

Molly Sims wore Mulberry Raglan dress which had a wild print all over. The dress paired with muted silver heels.

I love the flare of Jessica Stroup’s Mulberry skirt with crush sequins, but I don’t think she didn’t the skirt much justice with the halter and cardi.

Credit: Style.com & Courtesy of Mulberry / Donato Sardella

“Mad Men” Season 4 Premiere – Christina Hendricks In Dolce & Gabbana

“Mad Men” Season 4 Premiere – Christina Hendricks In Dolce & Gabbana

Who Wore Isabel Marant Better? Jessica Alba or Maggie Gyllenhaal

Who Wore Isabel Marant Better? Jessica Alba or Maggie Gyllenhaal

28 Responses to Mulberry’s LA Pool Party

1. catdog July 21, 2010 at 22:11 #

i don’t love any of these looks but Shenae is indeed the best dressed of the bunch

2. Hannah July 21, 2010 at 22:23 #

I LOVE Shenae’s dress but those ankle boots, they are worse, from what I can see, than most ankle boots. I can’t get over them, I lik ethe halter topwiththe skirt, It reminds me of a mixtureof various pradaseasons, I hate the cardigan though.
    Thanks FC for all the amazing coverage xx

• Fashion Critic July 21, 2010 at 22:32 #

3. Jennifer July 21, 2010 at 22:41 #

Wow!! Thank you so much for posting about this event, I’ve been waiting!! Wasn’t everyone positively radiating at this event?? This is totally my favourite style; chic, colourful, but just a little bit scuffed up..!! Love Alexa’s silk shirt, and I’m a actually a tad addicted to black ankle boots so I love Shenae’s look from head to toe..! You’ve a great selection for BDOTW here..!

• Fashion Critic July 21, 2010 at 22:53 #

So glad to hear you enjoyed it.

I’ll forgive you for liking ankle boots ;)

• Jennifer July 21, 2010 at 22:58 #

I’m glad :-)

4. Mol July 21, 2010 at 22:42 #

Alexa looks adorable and so does Shenae (IMO!)

5. Marvel July 21, 2010 at 22:55 #

IMHO none of them look good.
    Molly looks decent but her face is really weird in that picture

• mm July 22, 2010 at 05:03 #

You are being so kind to Molly, she looks like a man, for sure a drag queen in this pic. I am not feeling any of these looks either. Alexa looks sloppy. They are not doing any justice to this brand.

6. vanessa July 21, 2010 at 23:47 #

the blouse Alexa is wearing is from the Mulberry Fall ’10 collection too

• Fashion Critic July 22, 2010 at 00:20 #

Thanks

• Fashion Critic July 22, 2010 at 00:22 #

My iPhone won’t let me update it the page so will do tomorrow. Thanks again

7. mochababe73 July 22, 2010 at 00:14 #

There must not have been a clear way in which one was supposed to dress. Kate and Alexa look very casual while the rest of them are pretty dressy.
    I really don’t like any of the looks. Alexa looks the worse by far. Those cut off jean shorts look inappropriate next to the other ladies. Maybe she was invited to the party but not the dinner?
    Anyway, if I had to choose one, I would pick Cat minus the jacket.

8. justme July 22, 2010 at 01:58 #

I’m mad at Shenae right now. Regular black pumps from Payfreakingless would’ve been better than those booties. I mean, come on! Way to ruin a beautiful dress.

9. Dolce July 22, 2010 at 01:58 #

If someone could explain to me why Alexa Chung gets invited to everything (including couture shows). She’s a model and she hosted a mediocre MTV show. What’s so special about her? I don’t get it. I really don’t. Whoever she hired to do her PR deserves a raise.

• Jennifer July 22, 2010 at 13:50 #

I don’t know where you are from, but in the UK Alexa is huge. She has been a tv presenter for years, been on the cover of Vogue, and as you said she is a model. She has walked for Vivienne Westwood and done campaigns for DKNY and Pepe Jeans, so of course she would know a lot of designers. Also, she is enough of a style icon for Mulberry to name a bag after her and to credit her for there huge increase in sales of late. She has also DJ’ed for the likes of Chanel and Burberry.

• mochababe73 July 22, 2010 at 16:05 #

I can’t explain it either. I didn’t even know that she was a model. She’s also in every fashion magazine. For me, Alexa often dresses with her eyes closed. I just wonder when this became a “style”.

10. Inga Svensson July 22, 2010 at 02:59 #

I love Alexa…and she looks perfect. Just love it. :)

11. Gaber July 22, 2010 at 08:46 #

By the hammer of Thor!
    That’s one of the most stunning pictures of Alexa I have ever seen. Her face is just perfect.
    She’s also my best dressed here and I might just vote for her for BDotW if she gets nominated.
    Gorgeous.

• Camilla July 22, 2010 at 22:12 #

She looks bodacious. I think it’s the tan, but she looks insanely good!

12. Z Fashion Blog July 22, 2010 at 13:51 #

I think I’m the only one here who thinks everybody is dressed awfully!

I guess I’m not much into Mulberry’s style.

13. arabeszk July 22, 2010 at 14:08 #

Wha happened to Kate B.’s face? Too much botox, bad make-up or both?

• hinky July 22, 2010 at 16:35 #

Someone went overboard on the blush + a sunburn.

14. Kate July 22, 2010 at 15:59 #

Alexa´s leg make me feel scary :S. i do love Grime´s dress

15. Susan July 22, 2010 at 16:39 #

I didn’t recognize Molly at all! She looks so pulled back and OLD!

Please no more ankle boots! Seriously it’s hotter than the sun out.. why? Be kind to the feet!

• Hannah July 22, 2010 at 21:36 #

Be kind to our eyes too!

16. swati July 23, 2010 at 05:52 #

i don’t remember the last time i saw alexa without that bag. We get it – you love it, its named after you, but do you need to carry it everywhere ?
    Its a gorgeous bag but to a pool party ????

• Fashion Critic July 23, 2010 at 08:46 #