“The Extra Man” New York Premiere – Katie Holmes In Celine

When I saw Katie Holmes wearing this Pre-Fall 2010 Celine striped t-shirt dress late last night I assumed it was just an A to B look.

Little did I know that it was going to be her look for “The Extra Man” New York Premiere.

I’m absolutely dumbfounded.

Talk about not making an effort.

I’m not asking for a Couture gown with a 50ft train, but something more lively, interesting and red carpet appropriate would’ve been preferred to this relaxed look.

Her navy and red striped t-shirt dress with long sleeves was paired with Roger Vivier heels.

In case I wasn’t clear I really don’t like look at all.

[nggallery id=612]

Credit: Getty & Fame Pictures

Julianne Moore In Chloé - Out In New York City

Julianne Moore In Chloé – Out In New York City

"Salt" LA Premiere - Amber Heard In Marchesa

“Salt” LA Premiere – Amber Heard In Marchesa

39 Responses to “The Extra Man” New York Premiere – Katie Holmes In Celine

1. Hermione Weasley July 20, 2010 at 13:08 #

I really don’t like the dress, but MAYBE it could have been slightly better with different shoes.

2. Marvel July 20, 2010 at 13:26 #

Katie would have worn this as part of her ‘street style’ a couple of years ago rather than wear it to on the Red Carpet.

What happened to her?

3. catdog July 20, 2010 at 13:26 #

cute dress but it’s something you wear to go to the mall.

4. ramona July 20, 2010 at 13:27 #

is she 70?

5. chrystelle July 20, 2010 at 13:31 #

Katie Holmes’ street style is better than her red carpet’s in my opinion.
    That “dress” is awful.you wouldn’t caught me dead in it even while scrubbing my kitchen floor.

6. Mol July 20, 2010 at 13:34 #

This would be great for a street style look, but for a premiere, it’s definitely a little undernourished and casual.

7. Lora July 20, 2010 at 13:44 #

Her hair looks fabulous though, lets give her that at least huh?

• rashmi July 20, 2010 at 18:56 #

totally agree!!! not redcarpet worthy but a cute look…

8. ben July 20, 2010 at 13:46 #

this is a dress that should be worn while shopping, not while ur at a premiere!

9. Josephine July 20, 2010 at 13:58 #

how odd to put so much effort into hair and makeup and then wear such a drab dress.

10. Ally July 20, 2010 at 14:05 #

It almost makes me wonder if something happened to her premiere dress (stain, didn’t fit, etc.) b/c her hair very much says premiere. But NOTHING about that dress indicates that it is appropriate for the premiere of something you are actually IN.

11. bettybrandenburg July 20, 2010 at 14:17 #

Terrible dress. Good shows. Awful hair. Not trying at all, is she? I would wear that to the supermarket….

• bettybrandenburg July 20, 2010 at 14:18 #

Good shoes, I meant.

12. Mo July 20, 2010 at 14:37 #

I like her hair. Personally, I would wear the dress. But then again I do not have a premiere to go to…
    She looks tired.

13. Sharon July 20, 2010 at 14:43 #

I must admit when I saw the pictures I was disappointed. Maybe she is trying to tell us something about the movie.

• Fashion Critic July 20, 2010 at 14:46 #

that’s a great way to look at it.

• Vania July 20, 2010 at 15:02 #

I think the same Sharon..

14. Crystal July 20, 2010 at 15:17 #

Horrible….. what happened to her? i mean after she married Tom?? Marriage replaced style?Even her daughter can dress better than this !

15. mochababe73 July 20, 2010 at 15:20 #

Until I continued reading, I thought that she was going to run errands or on her way to a television taping. Stunned!
    It’s a very cute look if she were dropping Suri off to daycare. But, with so many dresses to choose from, why this one? Waaaay too casual.
    I love her hair, make-up, shoes, and bag.

16. Nadine July 20, 2010 at 15:24 #

What in the world…very odd. Her daughter was probably more dressed up than her.

17. Anissa July 20, 2010 at 15:28 #

One, that is not a summer dress, and two it’s fine for a shopping trip or taking the kids to school but a movie premiere?! She’s playing Jackie O for a movie soon, so she really should try to convince us that she has more fashion sense than that!

18. Gaber July 20, 2010 at 15:29 #

The picture with the glasses and the bag shows how superb this look could have been had it been worn for the right occasion!
    Love her in that picture!

• marian July 20, 2010 at 17:16 #

completely agree. it isn’t the outfit – it is the moment! kind of like amber rose in yellow at the espy’s — people don’t know how to dress for the occasion somehow.

• Mol July 20, 2010 at 18:15 #

Ditto on the fourth over pix -breezy wonderful!

19. pipsqueak July 20, 2010 at 17:30 #

She looked awful for a movie premiere. The dress was too casual and the heels weren’t high enough to flatter her legs. Katie seems like this sweet-natured girl who didn’t stray far from her roots as she grew up. While it’s endearing to see her stay true to herself, it makes me wonder if she simply lacks the sophistication or drive to live up to our expectations for Mrs. Cruise or Katie, the movie star. Fashion-wise, I don’t know who she is. Nor does she deliver on the red carpet as well as her fellow Dawson’s Creek alum (also a small-town girl), Michelle Williams.

20. Laura July 20, 2010 at 17:44 #

Dear Katie-
    As a rule, anything with the word “t-shirt” in it shouldn’t be worn to your premiere. The word implies a casualty that is not fitting for a leading lady to wear to your premiere.
    -Laura

I love the idea of stripes. But how about done in a classier, more formal way?

• Fashion Critic July 20, 2010 at 17:44 #

LOL…

21. S-tyle July 20, 2010 at 19:07 #

She does look great (hair and makeup) and I personally like that look!

But this shouldn’t be worn to a premiere! It’s a no-no

22. Z Fashion Blog July 20, 2010 at 20:05 #

WHAT?!!!
    She wore this s&%$ to a premiere???

I guess living with Tom Cruise for such a long time makes you lose your taste and common sense completely.

And that hair???

And that necklace?????

She’s really pissing me off here!
    I think I need a drink!

23. Everett July 20, 2010 at 20:07 #

Being a guy, I don’t give a rat’s ass that Katie’s dress isn’t appropriate for the premiere. That dress shows off her sexy curves and those shapely gams (oh, I’m droolin’ all over my keyboard) are to-die-for. Yeah, I agree with the rest of you that that dress is all wrong for the occasion, but I’m not paying any attention to that. I’m only looking at the obvious. ;-)

24. laura D July 20, 2010 at 20:23 #

Even if she were just going shopping in this, it needs a belt, and the shoes are wrong for the dress. Espadrilles would work.

But to a premier?
    Sigh.

Poor girl seems to have just had the life sucked out of her.

25. 2Muchluv4fashion July 20, 2010 at 21:43 #

What the hell is going on with her hair?

26. LeeAnn July 20, 2010 at 22:29 #

well the shoes are nice

27. LeeAnn July 20, 2010 at 22:34 #

if it is thought that Angelina dressed like she did on the red carpet because she was playing a spy maybe Katie came as an enviromentally conscious woman-just saying

28. Kiwi July 21, 2010 at 07:52 #

Am I the only one who thinks she looks oldish/pulled down? Those shoes with this dress??? and for a premiere????

29. lisa July 21, 2010 at 09:50 #

WTF!?? I am dumbfounded by this. She looks like she has just come from dropping Suri off at school. I’m not one to start rumours *cough* but am I the only one who thinks she maybe went to her wardrobe looking for something to hide a little bump and this was her best bet?…..

30. Terry July 21, 2010 at 12:17 #

The dress is ridiculous for a premiere. The only thing I save are her Vivier shoes.

31. J July 21, 2010 at 14:55 #

I hate her!

32. Sue Jin July 22, 2010 at 16:16 #

honestly she lost her fashion identity a while ago.
    shes a beautiful woman and can wear amazing things so i really hope she finds her fashion sense soon.