“Salt” LA Premiere – Angelina Jolie In Emporio Armani

Brangelina mania took hold of LA last night as Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt walked the red carpet at the Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood last night for the premiere of her new movie “Salt”.

Despite Grazia and other ridiculous magazines claiming that the couple are splitting up on a weekly basis, the couple looked very much in love.

Even though she wore her favourite colour – black – she still dazzled wearing a sequined Emporio Armani Spring 2008 strapless mini dress.

I love the subtle draping on the skirt.

She doesn’t appear to be wearing a stitch of make-up, but she did add Ferragamo nude heels and an Asprey bracelet to her look.

Angelina didn’t comply to my red carpet wish to wear colour or a look from Alexander McQueen’s Fall 2010 collection, but this promotional tour isn’t over yet.

Would you consider this a BDOTW contender?

[nggallery id=610]

Credit: Fame Pictures & Getty

Jennifer Lopez In Charbel Zoe - World Cup Opening Ceremony

Jennifer Lopez In Charbel Zoe – World Cup Opening Ceremony

"Salt" LA Premiere - Naomi Watts In Gucci

“Salt” LA Premiere – Naomi Watts In Gucci

73 Responses to “Salt” LA Premiere – Angelina Jolie In Emporio Armani

1. Josephine July 20, 2010 at 09:32 #

not a stitch of makeup? there is masses – just beautifully applied. she looks great.

• Fashion Critic July 20, 2010 at 09:37 #

If so, it’s cleverly applied like you say

• Pati July 20, 2010 at 10:30 #

Sorry, but I hate when you say that they seem not to wear any make up- I am sure they would NEVER walk the red carpet with no make up!!! I mean, would you??? Especially if you knew that millions were watching??
        Anyway, she looks good, but I wish she wasn´t always playing it safe… I wish she had fun with fashion istead of always looking goog but kind of boring… This look is too ordinary for me to be the BDOTW contender….

• Fashion Critic July 20, 2010 at 10:35 #

Geez hate is such an ugly strong word.

of course she’s wearing make-up, but it’s doesn’t look like it. That was the point I was making.

Does everything have to be so literal?

• Jenna B July 20, 2010 at 14:47 #

See, Fashion Critic, I don’t like when you say that either (but I am not getting angry over here about it either) about them not wearing makeup.

First I thought you migth be saying they “appear” as if they arent wearing makeup, meaning her makeup is so good and it’s a nude color.

But yes, they all wear makeup, even if it is base, powder, mascara and lip gloss at the MINIMUM.

Angie here is clearly wearing base, powder, blush, full eye makeup (several shadows, brow pencil, eyeliner, mascara,) and lipstick.

Either way, it doesn’t look cakey, ie meaning it doesnt LOOK like she’s wearing makeup (kind of)! :)

• Liz Lemon July 20, 2010 at 23:25 #

Uh…it doesn’t look like she’s wearing any. The woman is gorgeous and probably doesn’t even need to. She probably is wearing it, but you definitely can’t tell. Her skin is flawless and she’s absolutely gorgeous. She doesn’t need makeup.

Considering all the celebs who do cake the makeup on, it’s refreshing to see someone like Angelina who doesn’t need to do that.

The fashion critic said nothing wrong.

• Linda July 20, 2010 at 13:08 #

I don’t see a good makeup job there. It really does look like she could use some because she looks unfinished, and a little shiny and blotchy. The dress looks bad, her arms look bony and the tattoos are horrible. The first pic at the bottom looks terrible.

• lukie July 22, 2010 at 18:28 #

Hey FC I think this dress might be from the spring 2008 Emporio Armani collection as it looks very much like look #85.

• Fashion Critic July 22, 2010 at 19:22 #

thanks Lukie.

I’ve added it to the post

2. Kiwi July 20, 2010 at 09:33 #

Yes, yes, yes.. shes looking great. i would have preferred black shoes but shes looking amazing

3. Kimi July 20, 2010 at 09:35 #

Nope, i wouldn’t. I’m expecting big expectations later on for Angelina. But from the start, its starting to bore me already. I could just fall asleep looking to this. Its a mini, black, with sequins, what’s new? Upgrade please, this totally looks like a C-list actress could wear this.

4. Grace July 20, 2010 at 09:35 #

A simple look but I think her personality does the talking. She looks beautiful in those smiling shots. Thank goodness the beards gone on Brad!

5. Danielle July 20, 2010 at 09:35 #

Enough with the black already! I’m so over Angelina’s black ensembles. Yawn.

6. Sarah July 20, 2010 at 09:37 #

I love it!!!! BDOTW contender? Yes!!

7. Alina July 20, 2010 at 09:44 #

She’s sooooooooo skinny!

I think it is BDOTW worthy but it won’t have any chance to win it.

8. Lexa July 20, 2010 at 09:49 #

boring, boring, boring… she looks like she got out of bed, put on the dress, the shoes, the bracelet and walked ut of the house. No effort, no anything – hair as usual, make-up as usual, boring shoes as usual and a black tress as usual ;)

9. Joy July 20, 2010 at 09:51 #

Extremely boring! Not even close to being BDOTW IMO.

10. lisa July 20, 2010 at 10:04 #

I’m torn by this look. Love the fact that she didn’t go predictable and go for black shoes. Love the dress itself. Just overall a bit blah.

11. wilwarin July 20, 2010 at 10:06 #

she looks her best in some time now, but this is look we’ve seen like 100 times already, not on angelina so there’s nothing original about it so for me no waya this is BDOTW material.

12. Mol July 20, 2010 at 10:07 #

Classic beauty, her personality shines through – I don’t see why she can’t be on BDOTW (for her ‘make-up’ alone!). But I don’t think she cares if someone gives her fashion props or not – that’s part of what makes her so attractive!

• Fashion Critic July 20, 2010 at 10:11 #

i agree, but I battle with my desire to see her break out more

• Mol July 20, 2010 at 10:36 #

Oh no doubt, I share your desire – you never know, maybe we’ll get lucky……

• Fashion Critic July 20, 2010 at 10:37 #

fingers and toes crossed

13. laura D July 20, 2010 at 10:11 #

When you can look stunning with natural-look makeup and minimalist hair – why would you mess that up by overdoing it?

(on the makeup – she’s got on a primer, brownish-peachy shadow, mascara, brow filler, and a lip and cheek stain that may be the same product, or are at least closely matched)

I don’t mind black when it’s not basic.

14. dag July 20, 2010 at 10:13 #

I don’n know, for me it seems like you don’t have to meke big effort if you do look like her & your personality is so overwhelming . I love it.

15. Dorian Gray July 20, 2010 at 10:13 #

I love the fact that she is far away from other celebrities. She doesn’t wear make up, she’s simply herself, always (BDOTW for me!)

16. Z Fashion Blog July 20, 2010 at 10:32 #

Very simple look.. Nothing special..

And sorry but I don’t get the part about her “shining personality”..etc
    We’re talking red carpet and fashion here.

This dress is not that special and even Angelina’s “shining personality” can’t make it one..

17. Hannah July 20, 2010 at 11:02 #

She just looks so frail and thin… radiant make-up or not.

It doesn’t matter how gorgeous the dress or how great the make up artist is she is skin and bones and to me that will never, ever be a good look.

I’m not against skinny celebrities really, but this is just obscene.

18. ben July 20, 2010 at 11:13 #

i think that its the best she has looked in a while.

19. C’est quand même elle que je préfère, la grande classe!

Séréna

20. Jane July 20, 2010 at 12:03 #

I’m usually one of the few who just isn’t impressed with Angelina’s red carpet looks but I seem to be in plentiful company this time. It’s just not particularly exciting, or even interesting. For me, she’s a bit like Kristen Stewart when it come to red carpet hairdos, AJ very rarely does anything with her amazing hair which always disappoints me. So yeah, I’ll echo the other people here who just see this as boring.

21. Elena July 20, 2010 at 12:29 #

According to me, this dress can’t applied to the BDOTW, to black, to simple! I prefere the Gucci one!

22. LeeAnn July 20, 2010 at 12:30 #

Rather than McQueen (maybe she will save that for her Cleopatra premiere) I would have loved to have seen her in the Runway Bottega that was worn a few posts down — Pink, floaty, belted-so not what she normally wears.
    Emporio Armani? Why? Couldn’t she have at least sprung for the main collection if not Prive? Nothing special and the shoes don’t work.

• Fashion Critic July 20, 2010 at 12:32 #

great point about McQueen for the Cleopatra premiere as it would be perfectly theatrical to suit the theme of the movie

23. Gaber July 20, 2010 at 12:33 #

Brad needs to give some of that chub to Angie. :p
    But seriously, as much as I LOVE skinny-ass-girls the problem is her frame – her shoulders are just too wide for her to be this thin.
    And the short dress just accentuates that.

Not a fan.

24. Marvel July 20, 2010 at 12:33 #

Oh yay! Yet ANOTHER LBD in summer!

I was kinda scared that she might wear some colour but thanks for still disappointing me Ange!

The tour isn’t over but no doubt she’ll wear black to most if not all events

25. Kristen July 20, 2010 at 12:39 #

I find it interesting that people are saying this is just more of the same from her because I don’t really remember her wearing a mini before. It’s always been longer gowns, just below the knee or pants. So even though this isn’t ground breaking, I still think she’s branching out a little bit here.

26. Amelia July 20, 2010 at 12:42 #

No, no BDOTW worthy imo. I love Angelina, but I think sometimes we tend to overestimate her looks simply because it’s her, because she’s so beautiful and classy… But this dress, it says nothing to me, if it had been worn by someone much less famous no one would’v looked twice.

27. b July 20, 2010 at 13:14 #

She looks really terrible. All bones and nothing else.
    Definitely not a contender for BDOTW in my books.

• Emma July 20, 2010 at 13:58 #

I agree. She looks skeletal, boring, and nothing like a ‘best dressed’ woman.

28. Caligirl July 20, 2010 at 13:58 #

Angie looks fabulous! Yes a little thin, but the make-up and dress are both beautiful. All these haters just make me love her more:)

29. Mahima July 20, 2010 at 14:14 #

well, i think she looks great. i never expected to see her in sequins so its a step.

30. Mo July 20, 2010 at 14:42 #

This is her style. Its nice. I am glad that Brad trimmed his beard, but here he looks like a pimp. ;(

31. mochababe73 July 20, 2010 at 15:12 #

First of all, glad to have Brad back to his old self. He is so handsome without that horrifying beard distracting from his good looks.
    Of course the look happy. It’s good PR.
    Angelina looks like herself. She has on a black dress that’s a little boring. But, I do like the hint of sparkle.
    If she does have on make-up, she needs to fire her artist because I see blemishes. A good make-up artist would know how to hide them.

32. Jennifer July 20, 2010 at 15:18 #

I really think the only reason you think this could be BDOTW worthy is because it’s Angelina Jolie. If someone from “The Hills”, like Stephanie Pratt, wore this outfit (and they totally would) it would never be considered for BDOTW. It’s just a dress. It’s just something for Angelina to look respectable in on the red carpet, I don’t think she is really interested in looking fashionable/modern.

33. jadel July 20, 2010 at 15:23 #

i love angie, i don’t care if she wears black, blue or yellow, she still can’t do wrong in my book with that face..love her…

34. Anissa July 20, 2010 at 15:25 #

I think she looks great and while it’s black the length and sparkles make it not boring. I do hope we see some color from her this tour though…

35. Ev July 20, 2010 at 15:57 #

I never got the fuss about Anjelina and her “style”. Here is one more time that I don’t get it. It could be almost any actress in this dress, and it would’ve made the same effect – none. I also think that she looks too skinny, especially on the first picture on the bottom.
    And personally – this dress screams “Jennifer Aniston” to me, it is so her style.

36. Hisadora July 20, 2010 at 16:13 #

I totally agree with Caligirl. All these haters just make me love her more! I think she looks gorgeous here, and the dress is not just a LBD, its sequined (something she have never wore before!!) . I hope to see her wearing other color next time, but I DO LOVE IT :)))

37. mari July 20, 2010 at 16:23 #

If we see pics of Angelkina from a few years back… she had “more meat” on her when she did the Lara Croft, and looked her best in MR and Mrs Smith (and when she was pregnant in Cannes). She has always had broad shouldres and thin arms and legs, even as a teenager (I looked for a few pics and it is true). She was her thinnest after her mother died, but has recovered since.

She is the opposite of many women who get chubbier with age, she would have to be dieting to get heavier…
    about fashion:
    I do think that in your blog we sometimes expect too much from her, when it is clear that she does not like to steal the show even when it is her own movie. She usually looks good even when she could wear great shoes, and have everything ate her disposal. This is a spy’s film, not suitable for a pinkish dress, so black is good, better shoes would have been preferable, and I bet she considered wearing a leather dress (again, yes, probably)

I really love seeing how she (and Brad) look on the red carpet, backing each other at different events (he is a great accesory BTW)
    Angelina has a nice attitude and seems happy promoting her and other people’s work, such a change from the attitude of K. Stewart LOL Sorry to mention her, but someone up on the comments talked about her,

• Fashion Critic July 20, 2010 at 16:44 #

I really liked your point about the fact that she is promoting a spy movie.

I often forget that should be a factor in picked a look for a premiere.

I will bare that in mind in future, despite the fact that I hope she wears something other than black next time out.

• mari July 20, 2010 at 17:33 #

love to contribute with something to your blog, FC!
        I really like the fact that in your opinion you never bash the physical aspect of the people your feature, even if they are heavy, have a not-so-perfect shape or are slim. You look for the fashion, and how that fashion helps enhance the good points in the wearer.

Sorry, I hope I used the right words and made my point clear.
        Keep up your good work!

• Fashion Critic July 20, 2010 at 17:46 #

I totally understand ;)

for me it’s always about the dress

• LeeAnn July 20, 2010 at 20:49 #

FC-does that mean when Cameron Diaz promotes Shrek she needs to wear green face paint and a tiara, or Kiera Knightly should wear petticoats when promoting the Duchess. ? I”m sorry but I find the fact that she is promoting a spy movie where she plays a sleeper irrelevant to what she wears at the opening.

• Fashion Critic July 20, 2010 at 22:51 #

LOl…no, but I like the point that a pink flouncy dress wouldn’t quite work.

38. pipsqueak July 20, 2010 at 16:30 #

I’m shocked by the hate in comments. I love Angie. She’s naturally beautiful, authentic, savvy, independent and worldly. The LBD didn’t wow me, but the wearer’s sex appeal made it work. I love the nude pumps. Marc Jacobs says, “I don’t find clothes sexy at all. I find people sexy, and I find personalities fascinating and sexy and appealing and charming. So a sexy girl wrapped in a sheet is a sexy girl, and an un-sexy girl in a low-cut dress is still an un-sexy girl.” Case in point here!

39. Laura July 20, 2010 at 17:36 #

I’ve resigned myself to the fact that Angie’s going to wear black 95% of the time and there’s not a lot we can do about it. But I’m glad she’s choosing a more flattering dress. This is a 100% upgrade from the drab award season bloussons of ’09. She looks like the hot mama she is.

I’m kind of torn on whether you should include her in BDOTW poll. On the one hand, it isn’t a look that I would say is unworthy of being there. On the other, fansites might link and help her out and then that would leave some other looks without a chance.

40. Allison Joy July 20, 2010 at 17:51 #

they’re baackk!! I’m so flipping excited, they both look like their gorgeous selves were in the old days!!

BEST! (and maybe just because i’m so happy they’re still so happy together!)

41. Currygirl July 20, 2010 at 18:56 #

Ok, I hate myself for doing this ( I really do!), but I can’t help but compare her style to Jennifer Aniston’s. They both tend to wear black and do nothing drastic with their hair or makeup. She’s so striking, I’d love to see her wear something fun or colorful.

• Liz Lemon July 20, 2010 at 23:27 #

That’s the thing. Angelina is SO beautiful that she can get away with keeping it simple all the time. If she did too much….it would be too much.

42. S-tyle July 20, 2010 at 19:11 #

She’s beautiful – no doubt about this.

But I really wish she was wearing another colour – the whole look is so boring….! Maybe if her hair were mor polished it would be better?

This look is missing something!

43. annonymous July 20, 2010 at 19:26 #

BDOTW? NOOOO! she looks so old and boring.

44. Boring... July 20, 2010 at 20:25 #

She looks sick! un kept, very unhealthy!!! C-list all the way…

• Liz Lemon July 20, 2010 at 23:28 #

Aniston fan for sure….their marriage is over. It’s been 6 years. Just move on already.

Angelina is as A-list as you can get and if you call glowing, laughing, athletic, and gorgeous….”un-kept, unhealthy, and sick”…I suggest you get your eyes checked. ASAP.

45. Audacte July 20, 2010 at 20:56 #

I think this dress accents her short torso too much – she reminds me of the Barbies with the joint at the waist so they can turn.

46. amber July 20, 2010 at 21:46 #

She looks good but not great. Wish she did something different.

47. Liz Lemon July 20, 2010 at 23:26 #

Angelina looks breathtaking!! Wow!! Can this woman get any hotter? There’s nothing too spectacular about the dress, but the way she wears it is PHENOMENAL! BDOTW contender for me…definitely.

I think Brad should be consider too (since Pattinson was), he was looking mighty fine in his Tom Ford suit.

48. Hilary July 21, 2010 at 00:36 #

I’d be the last person to criticise an actress for being skinny (I’m a UK size six myself), and the camera really does make you look bigger than you are, but she looks really, really unhealthy here. It’s very ageing, being this skinny. In five years, I don’t think we’ll recognise her. Being naturally beautiful will only carry her so far. She needs to take care of herself or it’ll start to show on her gorgeous face.

I love the dress, but I really do think she should wear more make up. She looks unfinished. She has such great bone structure, she could take any kind of make up look and not look overdone.

I LONG for the day she has a bit more fun with her look.

49. Emi July 21, 2010 at 10:23 #

Yes, BDOTW contender. She looks so beautiful! The shoes don’t convince me, actually, but the dress is cute and she’s stunning. You wrote about all the magazines which keep on writing that they’re gonna split and I find it stupid because when B. Pitt was married to J. Aniston they used to write they were the new Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward and the actually split after few years of marriage.

50. Ayesha July 23, 2010 at 17:36 #

the dress is beautiful,hair and makeup is great……..it might be predictable but it sure looks gorgeous,it should be a BDOTW contender in my opinion.

51. Sophia August 18, 2010 at 16:47 #

I love this look. And I’m glad that she didn’t wear a necklace because I’m sure that it would’ve ruined the whole outfit.