2010 Life Ball – Dita von Teese In Elie Saab Couture

It was a very quiet weekend on the red carpet, but one person shone very brightly – Dita von Teese.

The burlesque star looked stunning as she walked the red carpet at the ‘amfAR Gala Vienna’ 2010 as part of the ’2010 Life Ball’ at Parliament of Austria in Vienna.

For those who says she’s too samey on the red carpet, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by this burst of citrus lemon.

Dita looked exquisite wearing an Elie Saab Spring 2008 Couture strapless gown.

I adore her for revisiting one of my favourite Elie Saab Couture collections. This was during his ‘bling’ phase of producing heavily embellished pieces.

I don’t like her attempt to be matchy matchy with the clutch, but everything else from her bun to the tip of her train is perfection.

Definitely a contender for BDOTW.

Credit: Style.com & INFEvents

Debra Messing In Christian Siriano - The New York Pops 31st Birthday Gala

Debra Messing In Christian Siriano – The New York Pops 31st Birthday Gala

2010 Elle China Style Awards -  Fan Bingbing In Bottega Veneta

2010 Elle China Style Awards – Fan Bingbing In Bottega Veneta

25 Responses to 2010 Life Ball – Dita von Teese In Elie Saab Couture

1. mm July 19, 2010 at 20:18 #

Wow! . So gorgeous. I love the bun

2. Maddie July 19, 2010 at 20:28 #

DITA CHANGED HER HAIR!!!

I love her to bits, she knows what flatters her body. But seriously, I’ve never seen her with different hair before. But me loves, so ah well (:

3. Leska July 19, 2010 at 20:28 #

Definitely a BDOTW. I love Elie Saab!!!!

4. Z Fashion Blog July 19, 2010 at 20:30 #

This dress is super sexy and Dita von Teese is just the right person to wear it.

5. chrystelle July 19, 2010 at 20:36 #

Yikes.she looks like a vampire and God knows i love me some Dita’s style.

6. S-tyle July 19, 2010 at 21:13 #

Absolutely beautiful! Love that colour on her!

7. Amelia July 19, 2010 at 21:40 #

wow, she looks GREAT! I love it when celebrities go into the archives on the red carpet… definitely a contender, really

8. sevenstories July 19, 2010 at 21:44 #

I love the dress on her and the hair but she’s wearing far too much makeup for me. I know that’s kind of her thing, the put-together burlesque look, but normally it looks a lot less drag-queeny. Maybe the up-do accentuates it… Gorgeous dress on her though.

• chryssa July 20, 2010 at 10:52 #

really well said ; )

9. Laura July 19, 2010 at 21:48 #

Not many can look divine in yellow, but Dita does. The more muted version looks better than the runway version. Already, this week is looking better than last. I had a hard time getting excited about any of last weeks looks, but Dita has me hoping that this week will be better.

10. marian July 19, 2010 at 21:50 #

bdotw for sure!!!! swoon.

11. Kate July 19, 2010 at 22:07 #

She looks great from the neck down, stunning. Her head is a mismatch for me though. I know that’s her thing, but it ages her and doesn’t go with this dress. I could even forgive the bun if her makeup weren’t so harsh – or, the makeup might be forgivable if her hair were less harsh.

She’s so pretty, but I wish she would rock some different makeup from time to time.

12. Ev July 19, 2010 at 22:20 #

I don’t know if it’s just wrong light, but I absolutely hate this color on Dita. On the runway it’s fierce, but on Dita it’s just blah (I never thought I’d say ‘Dita’ and ‘blah’ in the same sentence). Also, I think her hair are too big and makeup looks like clown mask.

13. Hannah July 19, 2010 at 22:59 #

I feel lighter makeup would have complemented the pastel colour of the dress better,Ialsohate that the clutch, in an attempt to match, isaslightly different shade of yellow, a crystal clutch would have lookedmuch nicer I think.

14. shubby doo July 20, 2010 at 01:16 #

wow…BDOTW worthy…no doubt

15. Si July 20, 2010 at 01:52 #

I really dislike her make up, specially with the colour of her dress! That and a different clutch, with the hair and this dress would have been perfect!

16. Mol July 20, 2010 at 04:17 #

I like Dita in darker moodier colors which suit her dramatic makeup and pin up girl hairstyle – so I agree with those who feel she could have toned down the hair/makeup for this very pretty pale yellow look, although I must say she’s still a stunner figure wise in this Elie Saab gown.

17. mochababe73 July 20, 2010 at 05:00 #

I think that this dress is made for Dita, but I hate the hair and make-up.
    Maybe it’s me, but she looks like Faye Dunaway when she played Joan Crawford in Mommie Dearest.

18. Raquel July 20, 2010 at 05:17 #

I love the look, but I gotta agree with others about the makeup, too much, too heavy and it ages her.

19. Kiwi July 20, 2010 at 06:54 #

I love the dress and on her.. however that bun is an eyesore

20. vanessa July 20, 2010 at 07:18 #

wow stunning dress and her hair looks amazing
    flawless like always dita!
    FC your are definitely right this collection was amazing i wish more celebrities would wear from the spring 2008 cotoure collection

21. Alfie July 20, 2010 at 07:55 #

I like it, just remove some blush and we are good to go. Go Dita!!

Yeah she could have changed the clutch so it wouldn’t match the dress or chose a different dress color or get a tan so it wouldn’t wash her out but it’s great anyways.

I love her hair like this, well I love it all the time. Hee hee.

22. Emi July 20, 2010 at 08:47 #

Gorgeous as usual, the bun is too high, it ages her and it’s not good to see, in my opinion.

23. Marvel July 20, 2010 at 12:42 #

I like the dress but far too much make-up and I really dislike ‘bun’ hairstyles.

24. Jen July 21, 2010 at 17:51 #

love it! (I love yellow!) but I agree about the clutch. Minor detail, but it makes you wince because it looks like it was meant to match and then it photographs in a slightly different shade.