16.07.10

Univision Premios Juventud Awards – Selena Gomez In Reem Acra

Selena Gomez looked adorable on the red carpet in Miami last night for the “Univision Premios Juventud Awards”.

There was a time when Selena dressed too mature – like she was 17 going on 45 – but that’s not the case with her Reem Acra white dress.

Her one-shoulder asymmetrical dress has a draping detail on the side which saves it from being totally boring, one-note and predictable.

The look is paired with nude Christian Louboutin ‘Chichi’ shimmering heels and gold hooped earrings.

I’m missing some more accessories, but other than that this is a good look.

Credit: Getty

In Jessica Szohr's Closet - Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent Beaded Silk Tank

In Jessica Szohr’s Closet – Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent Beaded Silk Tank

In Peaches Geldof's Closet - Topshop Leopard Bow Tier T-Shirt Dress

In Peaches Geldof’s Closet – Topshop Leopard Bow Tier T-Shirt Dress

16 Responses to Univision Premios Juventud Awards – Selena Gomez In Reem Acra

1. selena July 16, 2010 at 15:24 #

this look is so predictable and boring, she’s done the same one-shoulder white dress at least 5 times before. her style bordering on jennifer aniston levels of predictability now. She never takes risks, all her choices are so bland and boring to me.

2. GirlOne July 16, 2010 at 15:32 #

I think it’s good without accessories. Had she picked nude sandals I would’ve said 10 out of 10! Gorgeous girl!

• Linda July 16, 2010 at 16:43 #

Good point about the nude shoes. This is a nice, clean summer look though.

3. Ally July 16, 2010 at 15:35 #

The dress is super cute on her but I wish she had thrown in a little pop of color. Throw in an eggplant clutch or turquise earrings and she would look perfect.

4. Marvel July 16, 2010 at 15:44 #

The dress is nice enough but there is no WOW factor from it. Perhaps a stand out clutch would have give it that.
    Is she wearing any make-up? If so, she looks absolutely gorgeous make-up free.

• june July 16, 2010 at 17:20 #

she’s wearing the works. nearly no one blushes that colour so nicely and evenly and right on the apple of their cheeks, she’s also wearing subtle eye make up and her lips are done in this really flattering and natural peach colour.

• Marvel July 16, 2010 at 23:54 #

It doesnt look so obvious but I do see all the points you’ve made though.
        I really think that this neutral look works for her

5. mochababe73 July 16, 2010 at 18:53 #

I love the look. She is dressed pretty and age appropriate. Let’s give the girl a break. She’s young and pretty much just learning how to put together a “look”. In time, she’ll learn. She’s a teenager not a 25 year old.

6. ~**juDee**~ July 16, 2010 at 19:32 #

I feel like I’m watching paint dry, or staring at a white wall or something. In other words….boooo-RRIIIINNG. Gosh, how about some colour? Yes, its summer and we all wear white dresses etc etc but, I don’t know, some jewellery, different coloured shoes…something to send this look on a one way trip out of snoozeville

7. Monica July 16, 2010 at 21:20 #

Hey FC! Are you going to post any more red carpet pics from Premios Juventud? I saw a picture of Shakira at this event and she was wearing a cute mini…

• Fashion Critic July 16, 2010 at 21:32 #

I’ve finish posting for the week so I won’t be featuring anymore looks

8. Francesca July 16, 2010 at 22:45 #

Shakira wore Roberto Cavalli, but I couldn’t find it on style.com Maybe it’s just me. :D

I love Selena’s look and I also don’t find it boring, it’s cute for a 17 year old. ;) And she’s growing so fast into a beautiful woman!

9. Weber from Brazil July 17, 2010 at 00:40 #

She looks just OK
    looks like she already wore it before….

10. HM July 17, 2010 at 02:20 #

Omg she looks so cute! She maybe as predictable as Jennifer Aniston, but they both knock the hell out of what they wear. Props to them both!

11. Jen July 17, 2010 at 03:47 #

I actually like the minimal use of accessories here. it’s a really refreshing look. however, I think she could use some kind of boob support.

12. Sonia July 18, 2010 at 08:41 #

I agree with some of the other posters. Its age appropriate, sure, but its also so boring. She is so predictable, I’ve seen her wear the same style and color of dress at least five times on the red carpet and she’s young, it wouldn’t kill her to have a pop of color with a clutch or some nice fun accessories.