Brandy For 160g Magazine July/August 2010

Singer Brandy Norwood features in an amazing editorial which was shot by Steven Golmillion and Denis Leupold for 160g Magazine.

The stunning editorial will help reintroduced Brandy to the limelight as she promotes her new music which has been produced by Timbaland.

You’d be forgiven if you thought it was Naomi Campbell in these pictures. Brandy throws down some mean poses.

What I loved most about this editorial was the use of lesser known designers.

In the picture above she’s wearing peach structured William Tempest swimsuit with Ana Locking heels with a multi-coloured platform.

The rest of the editorial sees Brandy wearing more amazing pieces by Spanish designer Ana Locking and a swimsuit by Malia Mills.

Credit: Ana Locking, William Tempest & 160g Magazine

In Peaches Geldof's Closet - Topshop Leopard Bow Tier T-Shirt Dress

In Peaches Geldof’s Closet – Topshop Leopard Bow Tier T-Shirt Dress

Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - Jennifer Love Hewitt In Haute Hippie

Late Night With Jimmy Fallon – Jennifer Love Hewitt In Haute Hippie

31 Responses to Brandy For 160g Magazine July/August 2010

1. Hannah July 16, 2010 at 16:12 #

She looks really beautiful, and this is a really original and unique editorial. LOVE the use of lesser known designers. SO refreshing!

• GRACE July 16, 2010 at 16:52 #

I agree with every word.

2. iona July 16, 2010 at 16:17 #

wow! she looks amazing and what i love most is that almost everyhing is from ana locking, who is an incredible designer.
    glad u like it FC!

xoxo iona.

• Fashion Critic July 16, 2010 at 16:32 #

She is an incredible designer. I always look out for her collection. I had a invite to her show last season but couldn’t make it. I will definitely go again if invited.

3. mm July 16, 2010 at 16:20 #

Wow, Brandy who?? I am shocked and pleasantly surprised at every pic! All she needs to do is get her live performances on point and she will have a fabulous ride with the next albumn.

4. Jolie July 16, 2010 at 16:49 #

Very nice,

5. sara July 16, 2010 at 17:05 #

wouuu very surprising…i’m spanish and when a i’ve just read ana locking i’ve thought i was wrong…if you have possibilities to attend cibeles this year, do it!miguel palacio, jose castro, amaya arzuaga, alma aguilar…are very good!

• Fashion Critic July 16, 2010 at 17:08 #

I’m very much aiming to so thanks for those names

6. mol July 16, 2010 at 17:30 #

I’ll definitely be checking Ana Locking out when I get a second…..

7. CreoleLady July 16, 2010 at 17:31 #

OK, I’ve long wanted to use the term gobsmacked, lol, and this editorial gives me the opp. Heavens to Murgatroyd! She’s smokin’ on fire

8. f4fashion July 16, 2010 at 19:15 #

Ana locking, well that’s a name to remember! love the styling and the pics.

9. ~**juDee**~ July 16, 2010 at 19:43 #

Sorry. I’m just against all forms of obvious fakery (<–if thats a word lol) I hate hate hate *breathe in and out slowly* wigs and extremely obvious weaves. It does my head in. Which is why I can never love the Williams sisters. I mean how can I when I know at the end of the day they remove their wigs and reveal horrid weave caps. Arkh, not a fan basically. Apart from that horrid headpiece and those awful butterfly wings she attached to her eyelids, I'm a fan of her looks. These celebs should take subtle make-up/natural look tips from kerry washington, blake lively, sienna miller or keisha whitaker

• 2Muchluv4fashiom July 16, 2010 at 20:53 #

@JuDee,
      You are aware the women who you admire do wear wigs, weaves and hair pieces? Right? Kerry Washington goes home at night and take off similar wig caps..Trust me! I work in the entertainment industry.

• chrystelle July 16, 2010 at 23:01 #

Lets hope you know that extensions are also hairpieces. It always bugs me as a white woman how black women’s hair are always dissected to death but never white women’s. And all the woman you cite in your post above wear hairpieces.

• ~**juDee**~ July 17, 2010 at 12:30 #

Of course, of course I know all these women have hair extensions-I am a woman afterall with girlfriends! But you understand, there is a difference when you compare these pics of her to, say, pics of kerry washington. Of course I know that the odd hairpiece/weave is the norm in the industry-yep, I know, even on ladies with caucasian hair- and I guess my issue is with the obvious ones. Some people love the versatility of hair extensions and weaves etc but I guess I’m not one of them. That’s just my opinion. My close friends/sister wears them-that’s their choice. I guess it just bugs me that as a black woman who is proud of and looks after her own hair, that tons of others are miseducated on haircare and feel they have no choice but to cover it (and I’m not just talking celebs) with weaves etc and that its some ‘rite of passage’ for them to do so. I don’t know, I’m just saying :S. Gosh, sorry FC! I don’t wanna get all emotional on your page! :)

• Plush Diva July 18, 2010 at 08:16 #

I don’t think there is ANYTHING wrong with her hair. I love it! And to tell you the truth…when I first looked at these pics, I didn’t even notice her hair until I came across your comment. And I think that’s EXACTLY the point….

10. H&S July 16, 2010 at 21:22 #

I frikkin LOVE IT! And Im so damn happy Brandy has changed her style! I always thought she had the model looks and this just proves it! =D

Cant wait for her new album!

• HM July 17, 2010 at 02:17 #

Totally agree with you! I’m a big fan of Brandy…she is so musically talented. Now she is a triple threat!

Watch out Beyonce! LOL.

11. xoliquoricexo July 16, 2010 at 21:31 #

LOVE, LOVE, LOVEEEE this spread! Especially love that it was styled by Ogo and Chichi Offodile of Poodle Pusher. Match made in heaven!

xo

12. Lisa Villeneuve July 16, 2010 at 23:04 #

gorgeous clothes * gorgeous shoot * she looks amazing * I WANT every piece of clothing ! *

13. Marvel July 16, 2010 at 23:52 #

I do like how she has opted for lesser known designers but is she still a singer. Last thing Ive heard from her was ‘the boy is mine’.

14. Fiona July 17, 2010 at 00:29 #

I think she looks great, but I do have a slight problem lauding a girl for a “comeback” while she promotes herself after getting away with killing someone in a car accident she caused through reckless driving. Where do we draw the line at sweeping things under the carpet because she wears clothes well? Sorry I think I woke up crabby this morning!

• Kyutipye August 11, 2010 at 18:03 #

You must have woken up Crabby! Yes she drove recklessly and killed someone, in (as you rightly said) an ACCIDENT. What do you want her to do ? Kill herself too? Will that reverse the situation? Nobody swept anything under the carpet. She dealt with it, lawsuits and all. Are we to condem her the rest of her life? Please get off your moral high horse and realise that these tragic things DO happen to US humans, but we forgive and try and learn from our mistakes and most importantly MOVE ON !!

15. Weber from Brazil July 17, 2010 at 00:37 #

WOW
    she looks absolutely AMAZING *-*
    can’t believe she’s over 30 already :o
    I love her older songs *-*
    I wanna hear her songs back in the mainstream

16. Z FASHION BLOG July 17, 2010 at 05:32 #

The wardrobe selection is great.
    Ana locking’s Spring and Fall 2010 collections were fantastic.

17. Cheryl July 17, 2010 at 05:40 #

OMG. Name the gladiator boots from the first Ana Locking look…

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!

• Fashion Critic July 17, 2010 at 07:10 #

larare

18. J July 17, 2010 at 11:28 #

Ana Locking! fantastique!

19. Pez Globo July 17, 2010 at 14:59 #

so happy to see ana locking designs in this blog
    great work!

20. Karen July 18, 2010 at 10:32 #

Smashing, just smashing. She looks amazing. The photographer is also very very amazing… he captures her essence.

21. Bryan Angton July 24, 2010 at 16:48 #

Brandy has always been Beautiful and this photos proves that Brandy is Sexy. Brandy sings now Modeling I always said Brandy could model and Brandy is Beautiful love these photos all she needs is to to get back on track with new album and prove what the R& B game is missin… Brandy new album is gonna be HOT!!!