Burberry Beauty Tea Party – Kate Bosworth In Burberry Prorsum

Yesterday Christopher Bailey the creative director for Burberry hosted a good old English tea party in LA to celebrate the launch of Burberry Beauty – the new make-up line for the British fashion brand.

One of his favourite belles Kate Bosworth attended the party looking scrumptious wearing a Burberry Prorsum lace dress from the Pre-Fall 2010 collection.

It’s a lady-like dress with a sultry silhouette.

I much prefer her nude shift dress overlaid with ruched floral lace, as you can fully appreciated details.

The dress needed a belt, but I would’ve preferred one that didn’t tie like hers with the end poking out. A clasp belt would’ve been more elegant I think.

Claire Danes wore the black version to the Elle Style Awards earlier this year.

Would you like to see this look up for BDOTW?

Credit: Style.com & © Copyright Burberry/Testino

In Kate Bosworth's Closet - Burberry Prorsum Lace Dress

In Kate Bosworth’s Closet – Burberry Prorsum Lace Dress

"Karate Kid" London Premiere - Jada Pinkett-Smith In Stella McCartney

“Karate Kid” London Premiere – Jada Pinkett-Smith In Stella McCartney

23 Responses to Burberry Beauty Tea Party – Kate Bosworth In Burberry Prorsum

1. Laura July 15, 2010 at 19:07 #

Even though it’s Pre-Fall, the color change is perfect to make it look in-season. I love all the lace detail. I agree the belt choice is a bit funky. Overall, I wouldn’t be upset if it was up for BDOTW, but it doesn’t need to be.

2. ber July 15, 2010 at 19:20 #

No pumps! She should be nominated for that alone.

3. Redseouls July 15, 2010 at 19:26 #

I’m really digging her look!

4. Ev July 15, 2010 at 19:36 #

I am not sure about her hair here, but from shoulders down it is BDOTW-worthy.

5. P. July 15, 2010 at 19:36 #

ooh, I hate this shift dress in nude, I much prefer the black version. In addition, I prefer by far Claire’s overall look than Kate’s look. I wonder if you are invited to a party, why not get better, starting with the make up and hair. Look at her face. She appears to be tired. I got tired of looking at Kate, and always see the weak and sickly woman.
    Next…

6. Jennifer July 15, 2010 at 19:54 #

I mean, she looks lovely, but I just think it was such a predictable look for her to choose from this collection. As soon as I saw the post title “Kate Bosworth in Burberry Prorsum” this dress sprang to mind before I had even scrolled down. I agree a more unusal choice of belt might have made it look more unique, but probably not enough to bring this into “wow” category.

7. Brooke July 15, 2010 at 20:04 #

The frock is pretty, but the look is not BDOTW worthy – the belt kills it for me. Looking at Claire Danes’ wearing of the black version, it doesn’t look like it needed a belt after all. A shame, really, when she nailed the other accessories. And I wish she’d put up her hair! It looks a sullen and brassy blonde here.

• Z FASHION BLOG July 15, 2010 at 20:44 #

Agree with you.
      Not BDOTW worthy at all.

• Marvel July 15, 2010 at 21:57 #

Agree. Her hair looks haggard, the dress doesnt need a belt and it looks like she needs a burger. The length of the dress doesnt suit her at all

8. zizihua July 15, 2010 at 20:36 #

YES! Love everything about the look

9. molly July 15, 2010 at 20:40 #

The hair especially knocks her out of even remote consideration for BDOTW. Looks like she’s trying to cover a eceding hairline. (And she does also look exhausted. Better makeup might have covered that.)

10. LeeAnn July 15, 2010 at 21:02 #

don’t like the shoes or the belt together -the shoes are too sweet, the belt too Prada does military-they don’t work together. Dress is nice. But whoa she has a large forehead_i never noticed that. Thing different hair is called for.

11. vicky July 15, 2010 at 21:35 #

The colour doesn’t work for me, she’s washed out. And with that hair and (lack off) make up, not a BDOTW contender.
    I’m starting to feel the same about nude outfits as I do about black pumps and fall clothes in spring/summer – BORED!

12. mochababe73 July 15, 2010 at 22:39 #

I love the dress, clutch and shoes, but the whole look needs tweaking before I would ever choose her for best dressed.
    For one, she should have worn the dress shorter like the model. At this length, it shortens her. Another belt in a different color closer to the shade of the dress would have been better.
    Finally, did she even pass by a brush or mirror? Kate’s hair looks as though she took out her black rubber band and shook it around. Done and out the door. Horrible.

13. Liz Lemon July 15, 2010 at 22:40 #

Love the dress. Hate her hair and shoes. The whole look is so bland.

14. Amber July 16, 2010 at 06:45 #

She looks so washed out in that color, and I totally agree that the belt could be much better. Not a BDOTW contender at all!

15. Lalitha July 16, 2010 at 08:19 #

The dress is lovely but I think it washes her out.

• Lalitha July 16, 2010 at 09:50 #

Oops, I meant to say that the colour washes her out!

16. Emi July 16, 2010 at 08:39 #

Yes, BDOTW contender, even if this way to knot the belt starts to be boring…

17. Kiwi July 16, 2010 at 09:07 #

What a beautiful dress ruined by that belt and her hair

18. T. July 16, 2010 at 13:33 #

Love the dress, don’t like the shoes wih this dress. Please wear high heels, Kate!
    xx.

19. T. July 16, 2010 at 13:34 #

She should spent more time on her hair and make-up!
    xx.

20. Liz Lemon July 17, 2010 at 00:28 #

I think this dress would’ve been divine on Emma Watson. ; )