2010 ESPY Awards – Ashley Greene In Versace

Most Disappointed Award
I was so excited when I discovered that Ashley Greene would be at the 2010 ESPY Awards, but that excitement turned to disappointment when I saw her on the red carpet.

Despite the fact that she’s wearing one of my favourite labels she looks so very bland. Jennifer Aniston bland.

I love her Versace Fall 2010 red high-neck sleeveless dress, especially the asymmetric hemline and a diagonal slit but she fails to gives us that Versace woman attitude in this dress.

Whether it’s Kirsten Stewart’s “I don’t give a damn” attitude or Jennifer Lopez’ “I’m the sexiest b!tch in the room” attitude you gotta bring it in Versace and for me Ashley fails.

Yes I’m hating her Brian Atwood ‘Harrison’ black pumps with this dress, and wishing she pulled her hair back because of the high neckline, but would that have saved this look? Who knows.

The “Twilight” actress completed her look with a grey glitter Raven Kauffman Couture ‘Muse’ clutch and a studded Padma by Padma Lakshmi cuff.

[nggallery id=605]

Credit: Style.com, Fame Pictures & Getty

Bérénice Marlohe In Sass & Bide - '5 to 7' Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

Bérénice Marlohe In Sass & Bide – ’5 to 7′ Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

2010 ESPY Awards - Emmanuelle Chriqui In BCBG Max Azria

2010 ESPY Awards – Emmanuelle Chriqui In BCBG Max Azria

13 Responses to 2010 ESPY Awards – Ashley Greene In Versace

1. Dorian Gray July 15, 2010 at 11:57 #

Unfortunely I agree with you FC. You know how much I adore Versace but this time the dress doesn’t bring sexy attitude (and a Versace dress is a trademark sexy dress). Shame :-(

• Fashion Critic July 15, 2010 at 11:59 #

Thanks. I needed your comment to confirm I was right

2. michelle July 15, 2010 at 12:31 #

she looks like she is finding it hard to breathe in that dress. but a versace woman has attitude and ashley is not bringing the’tude to convince me. the model looks fierce and ashley looks a bit like a wall flower. indeed a shame

3. Ally July 15, 2010 at 12:51 #

She doesn’t look bad by any means, but there is a certain sparkly missing. I think it is the hair down. High neck dresses just don’t look right w/ hair down.

4. Marvel July 15, 2010 at 13:42 #

I was having a cup of water and I spilled it onm my screen when I read about ‘Im the sexiest B!tch in the room’ LMAO

To me what ruins the look is the lips, hair and shoes. I really dislike how she matched her lips to her dress and I would have preffered her hair to be straight and tied back.
    She can really do a ‘sexy’ look so Im surprised she didnt go all out

• mol July 15, 2010 at 15:41 #

Ditto

5. Ev July 15, 2010 at 14:57 #

I don’t mind her black pumps that much because they are gorgeous. But I strongly wish she wore her hair up. Maybe that would give her the much needed attitude. Right now it looks like she is hiding behind the high collar and her hair. Truly a dissapointment. :(

6. Caroline July 15, 2010 at 15:42 #

I don’t even like this dress. It’s as though she doesn’t have the head to pull of that high neckline.
    And I partly agree on those pumps, but I would like them with say a pair of jeans for a night out with the girls. Not red carpet material of course.

7. Laura July 15, 2010 at 18:47 #

On paper, Versace is an excellent choice for a young, hot actress at the ESPY’s. Youthful, sexy, colorful. But this was the wrong choice. There are so many of Donatella’s dresses that would’ve worked so much better for Ashley. Add onto it, bad styling and bad posing and this is one bad look.

8. mochababe73 July 15, 2010 at 19:16 #

I guess that I’m the only one that likes her in the look. I’m glad that she wore red instead of black. The accessories really work with the dress-shoes, bag, and bracelet.
    I don’t really read “sexy” in this dress.
    I love Jennifer Aniston’s style.

9. gossip_bangkok July 16, 2010 at 06:52 #

I wish she would pulled her hair back or something. It looked all over the place.
    I truly dislike her heels. I’m sorry, it just doesn’t work out with the dress.

I don’t know if Ashley was going to go as ‘sexy hard rocker’ type with the cuff, and black accessories or something.

Beautiful dress though, sad that it didn’t look well in the end.

10. Melany July 16, 2010 at 11:12 #

Ashley really should have done something different with her hair. It looks like the dress is eating her neck up . While the model is wearing her hair loose also, she has the attitude to carry the dress. I love the BA shoes, though.

11. molly July 18, 2010 at 04:18 #

Am i the only one who finds that no matter what she wears, she looks like shes trying way to hard? She isnt flawless. She looks like she was thrown into a dress….all the time!