“Inception” LA Premiere – Marion Cotillard In L’Wren Scott

Marion Cotillard made her 3rd appearance on the red carpet for her new movie “Inception” at the LA Premiere last night.

Of all her looks I think this is my favourite.

It’s sleek, clean, unfussy, modern and frankly unexpected.

It’s not Dior, it’s not cute and it appeals more to the edgier ‘pre-Dior’ style so many of you wish she’d return to.

I love her texture of her shimmering L’Wren Scott Fall 2009 sheath dress. It’s a classic L’Wren Scott style which flatters every figure.

I love that her midnight blue dress matches Leonardo DiCaprio Giorgio Armani suit.

Dior heels, a slick bun and flawless make-up complete the look.

Which would you prefer to see in the BDOTW poll?

This look or the Dior Paris Premiere look?

[nggallery id=602]

Credit: Style.com, Fame Pictures & Getty

In Ashley Greene's Closet - D&G Strapless Polka Dot Dress

In Ashley Greene’s Closet – D&G Strapless Polka Dot Dress

In Sophia Bush's Closet - 3.1 Phillip Lim Edie Studded Bow-Detailed Bag

In Sophia Bush’s Closet – 3.1 Phillip Lim Edie Studded Bow-Detailed Bag

34 Responses to “Inception” LA Premiere – Marion Cotillard In L’Wren Scott

1. ben July 14, 2010 at 13:31 #

i cant decide. i love them both.

• Kelly July 14, 2010 at 17:26 #

I’m right with you! They are both so gorgeous in their own ways.

2. Marvel July 14, 2010 at 13:32 #

I wouldnt want to see any of her looks in the BDOTW poll.
    Yet another black dress in summer, plus havent we seen this dress twice on the red carpet?
    The look is alright but so very boring and very un-original. The carpet is black ans she just fades into it.
    She has not ‘wowed’ my in recent times and to me she has lost ‘it’.

3. shubby doo July 14, 2010 at 13:33 #

perosnally i prefer her in dior for BDOTW

4. Kaz July 14, 2010 at 13:36 #

She looks fab! I prefer this one for BDOTW. Glowing.

The fabric is so unusual…. some kind of coated material?

Love the fourth pic because it looks like she has a cute blue halo. Very appropriate for Bastille Day! :)

5. dressaddict July 14, 2010 at 13:37 #

Dior, for sure, this is boooooring, nothing to get excited about, maybe a little for the fabric of the dress. I cannot deny, although, the fact that she looks good.

• chryssa July 14, 2010 at 15:37 #

i couldn’t have said it better…

• Rashmi July 15, 2010 at 05:31 #

Agree..Dior for BDOTW

6. chrystelle July 14, 2010 at 13:40 #

she has copied the runway look (except for the colour of the dress) down to the hair. Since when is Marion this uncreative and bland?
    i know i will be alone in this but i don’t think anything she has worn so far to promote her new movie is BDOTW worthy.

• Marvel July 14, 2010 at 14:10 #

Completely agree

• mm July 14, 2010 at 15:09 #

I also agree! When i see L’wren scott sadly i already know i am not going to love it.

7. Kiwi July 14, 2010 at 13:41 #

This one, its far ahead of the others.. so nice to see her in something other than Dior

8. moja31 July 14, 2010 at 13:49 #

this woman is simply perfection.

9. Hermione Weasley July 14, 2010 at 14:11 #

I much prefer this look to the Paris one ;)

10. Ally July 14, 2010 at 14:29 #

Can we start the phrase “that’s so NEXT season.” I’m so tired of celebrities who have access to tons of dresses pulling fall/winder looks in summer/spring and vice versa. She does look great, but she would look better if she had saved this one for September.

• dressaddict July 14, 2010 at 14:50 #

I thought I was the only one who couldn’t understand this trend. But I guess it all comes down to the exclusivity part, it’s like a “who gets it first” competition.

11. Ev July 14, 2010 at 14:34 #

Totally LOVE IT! And absolutely prefer it to Dior look for BDOTW.

12. Lyly July 14, 2010 at 14:47 #

I prefer this one.
    It’s so out of her zone, it’s a great change, plus I like her hair in this one.

13. Elena July 14, 2010 at 14:52 #

Dior all the way, this one is just boooring

14. Jess July 14, 2010 at 14:58 #

I prefer the previous look.
    And in the final picture of her and Leo, I totally thought she had some weird headpiece on.

15. Z Fashion Blog July 14, 2010 at 15:01 #

I prefer by far the Dior Paris Premiere look.

This dress is very elegant and all but it’s a bit boring, no?

16. Amelia July 14, 2010 at 15:21 #

Dior, no doubt. This is something we’ve seen a hundred times before.

17. Mol July 14, 2010 at 15:47 #

I say this one cause she actually made Leo smile for the first time (4th detail pix) – she looks way hot, and for me that beats out cute (the Dior look) any day. I also have to emphasize that the fit here is perfection (no squashed boobs etc) and so often this is not the case when dresses like this are worn.

18. Caroline July 14, 2010 at 16:14 #

I think I prefer the Dior look. I think the dress is more flattering on her and definitely a whole lot more chic than this look. This is so Nicole Kidman I can’t even believe she wore it. If it has been a lighter color, maybe we could talk, but it’s soooo .. winter-y? We’re in the god damn middle of July.

19. seggie July 14, 2010 at 16:18 #

Definitely this look for BDOTW, she looks phenomenal!!

20. S-tyle July 14, 2010 at 17:15 #

She looks stunning – simple and elegant – Love the fabric of that dress ; it really looks gorgeous on her.

21. Laura July 14, 2010 at 17:49 #

Dior for sure. It was far more interesting, and even though it was Dior, unexpected. This is a typical L’Wren dress. I’ve seen 20 versions of this look on everyone from Penelope to Sandra to Nicole to many others. And the black heels aren’t interesting. In one word, YAWN.

22. ben July 14, 2010 at 18:53 #

cant youput them both into the BDOTW poll? because i cant decide. i love them both. i love her.

23. mochababe73 July 14, 2010 at 19:06 #

I say the Dior dress. At least that one is interesting to look at. This dress is a snooze. It would be nothing without the fabric. And the length cuts her off. It’s just below the knee on the model.

24. P. July 14, 2010 at 19:42 #

Gosh, I much prefer the Dior look.
    She looks good in this interesting L’Wren Scott dress, but the overall look is very boring. I think if she had wore better shoes, maybe would not be so boring. Nevertheless, Dior’s look is much more interesting and enjoyable to look, despite being a Dior dress.

25. mari July 14, 2010 at 22:04 #

who’s worn this before? I recall someone weqring this not long ago…
    she looks very pretty. Simple but classy.

26. whitestroke July 15, 2010 at 02:17 #

This is B.O.R.I.N.G.

I seriously don’t get these stars. So many women would KILL to be in their position, to promote movies and have a chance to wear anything from high fashion they want to, work with best hair & makeup artists, etc. Yet most of the time they look like they just can’t be bothered, put the first thing on, and I seriously don’t remember the last time I saw some inventive hair & makeup on the red carpet. Why should that be for models in fashion magazines only? I promise if I ever end up on the red carpet I’ll never wear a boring piece in my life, and I’mma rock that huge afro wig from the Louis Vuitton Spring show.

27. Lalitha July 15, 2010 at 07:33 #

The dress is kind of meh.

28. sara July 16, 2010 at 05:57 #

this one for bdotw. although i like the dior dress better, i think she looks much bettter here. some red lipstick would’ve worked wonders.