14.07.10 Premiere

“Inception” LA Premiere – Ellen Page In Yigal Azrouël

Ellen Page stars in “Inception” alongside Leonardo DiCaprio and Marion Cotillard.

I like to refer to Ellen as the original Kristen Stewart, as she loves to wear black and always looks like she’d rather be anywhere else but the red carpet.

At the LA premiere last night she didn’t wear black and she also looked very happy be on there.

The young actress wore a Yigal Azrouël Resort 2011 dress and opted for no accessories.

Her green ruched keyhole sleevless dress was perfect for Ellen as it’s not too girlie.

Its modern, stylish and not too fussy for her to feel uncomfortable wearing it.

Much like KStew, Ellen also has a love for wearing black heels on the red carpet, as she paired her dress with black open-toe ankle boots.

Ellen’s hair was styled into a loose bun with a few pieces framing her face.

I wish she had hoisted the dress up a bit so it sat in the same way it does on the model, other than that and heels this was a great look.

[nggallery id=603]

Credit: Style.com, Bauer Griffin, Fame Pictures & Getty

Louis Vuitton And Vanity Fair Cocktail Party

Louis Vuitton And Vanity Fair Cocktail Party

In Ashley Greene's Closet - D&G Strapless Polka Dot Dress

In Ashley Greene’s Closet – D&G Strapless Polka Dot Dress

19 Responses to “Inception” LA Premiere – Ellen Page In Yigal Azrouël

1. JessNess July 14, 2010 at 12:28 #

I like the KStew comparison.

I think Kristen would look great in this dress too

• gossip_bangkok July 14, 2010 at 13:09 #

I agree with you. I think because of the color, it’ll make Kristen’s eyes stand out even more.

I do love this dress, however I wish she would have hoisted the dress up too. I like the way it looked on the model.

2. ramona July 14, 2010 at 12:47 #

i dislike her shoes.they are ugly, I would have preferred to see her in Clue sandal from jimmy choo .or sth coloured.i dont understand why celebries always prefer black sandalds..when there are so many amazing coloured shoes

3. Marvel July 14, 2010 at 12:55 #

Im alright with her shoes as they blend into the carpet so they arent that noticeable.

Ellen is so much more appealing to KStew on the red carpet.

4. Ela July 14, 2010 at 13:31 #

Cute, cute, cute and made all the better by her smile.

5. dressaddict July 14, 2010 at 13:52 #

I really don’t know what’s wrong with her, she is so sweet and young, she coul dress far more interesting than this. At least this is coloured, compared to the other two dresses she wore in Paris and London. She looks at all three premieres like she picked up some random outfits and hurried up for the events. Don’t like it. She’s anonymous among the cast.

6. moja31 July 14, 2010 at 13:54 #

she looks quite nice but i wish she’d do something else with her hair, i feel like it’s always the same (this updo or hanging down plainly).

7. Mol July 14, 2010 at 15:51 #

Aside from the shoes, she looks fresh and pretty. Love the color and shape of the dress.

8. maria July 14, 2010 at 17:38 #

there is something about her that irks me. Not sure if she is too skinny or gangly or just does not have a good posture, but she is very ackward and does not sell any outfit. If she cannot feel comfortable in dresses, they should just let her wear cool men’s clothes (i.e. Hepburnish) on the carpet.

• whitestroke July 15, 2010 at 02:06 #

Agreed 100%.

9. Laura July 14, 2010 at 17:42 #

The only real difference between her and KStew is that Ellen doesn’t have as greasy hair. And the profile shot of Ellen looks a lot like Kristen actually. The green is great on her. I usually don’t like this ruched of a dress, but it looks really good in this instance. Ignoring those shoes, I really like the look.

10. marian July 14, 2010 at 17:43 #

great dress but really great hair and makeup. one of her best looks for sure.

11. mochababe73 July 14, 2010 at 19:08 #

I like the dress, but, to me, the dress is too big. Maybe it’s because her posture is bad that the dress looks too big.
    I don’t mind the shoes. Although I do admit that they are too heavy for the dress.

12. mari July 14, 2010 at 22:10 #

dress looks big. She could have chose an outfit that would look better on her, create illusion of a waist or something. In group pictures she lookes totally child-like, and – I blame the dress choice; does nothing for her but the color, which is nice.

13. whitestroke July 15, 2010 at 02:11 #

She’s been wearing this same style of body con dresses on every premiere/press conference for this movie so far. And I don’t think they suit her AT ALL. She’s way too petite, curve-less and uncomfortable. It doesn’t flatter her in the slightest, simply because she ain’t got anything those kind of dresses SHOULD flatter, sorry to say. If I was her stylist, I’d put her in more structured pieces with added volume, like the kind of dress Marion wore in Paris. Only a bit more edgy ’cause that style suits her better, and there was A LOT of edgy structured stuff with volume in fashion in recent years. This is just all kinds of wrong for her.

I do like the shoes, though.

14. Dijana July 15, 2010 at 03:04 #

I actually love the shoes although not with this dress. Does anyone know which label the shoes are? Fashion critic, do you know?

15. Liz Lemon July 15, 2010 at 22:44 #

Love!!! Ellen is adorable!! I’m so happy with this whole ensemble. She looks fabulous!! :D

16. Liz Lemon July 15, 2010 at 22:46 #

Oh and I completely disagree about the Kristen Stewart comparison.
    Ellen knows how to smile and she has a certain charm that Stewart definitely lacks.
    They are nothing alike at all.

• FF August 17, 2010 at 21:45 #

This.

I am yet to see Ellen Page sulk on the red carpet or look like she couldn’t be bothered, or that she had little input into her stylist’s choice of a good dress.

They are NOT the same at all.

Not to mention Ellen’s talent runs circles around KStew – case in point we’re not calling her ElPag.

I actually like the look – shoes included.