British TV presenter Cat Deeley hosts the America TV show “So You Think You Can Dance” which had a live show yesterday.

One of her looks was this beautiful Diane von Furstenberg Asuka shift dress.

This dress from the Spring 2010 collection has a very striking exotic print, cut-out details and wood beading.

I love that she opted for rich earth-tone accessories which included a chocolate belt and bronze gladiator heels.

I didn’t quite get the hair accessory.

Maybe she was trying to style it like the runway.

For her second look Cat opted for a Vivienne Westwood Anglomania check dress.

I wasn’t particularly keen on this dress, mostly because Cat looks like a grown woman wearing a school girls uniform from a posh private school.

The look doesn’t work for me at all, but I did like her hair and the jewel accessory on her shoulder.

Which look do you favour?

Credit: Style.com & Splash News

In Cat Deeley's Closet - Diane von Furstenberg Asuka Shift Dress

In Cat Deeley’s Closet – Diane von Furstenberg Asuka Shift Dress

"Network" Screening - Eva Mendes In Azzaro

“Network” Screening – Eva Mendes In Azzaro

14 Responses to “So You Think You Can Dance” – Cat Deeley In Diane von Furstenberg & Vivienne Westwood Anglomania

1. Currygirl July 13, 2010 at 19:10 #

I love the DVF dress and love the hemline of the VW dress. Cat can do no wrong in my eyes! I want to be besties with her one day! :-)

2. Ally July 13, 2010 at 19:18 #

I was wondering if you would feature Cat the way you do the X-Factor judges, but thought you might since I wasn’t sure if SYTYCD aired outside the US. She always looks amazing. Her clothes always match her sweet personality. By far my favorite reality host. And just a little FYI, the show actually airs on Wed. and Thurs.

• Fashion Critic July 13, 2010 at 19:30 #

It doesn’t air in the UK. I came across the picture today and remember that many of you requested to see me feature her.

I’ll have to try to remember when it’s on.

• Ally July 13, 2010 at 19:43 #

I’m so glad that you did. :)

• Sara July 13, 2010 at 20:17 #

me too! Every week I’m excited to see what she’s wearing.

Does Cat style herself?

3. pipsqueak July 13, 2010 at 20:00 #

I really like the DVF look, but not so much the other one. I like Viv W., but this finished look just seemed too sugary for me. Cat’s way too cool for that. I’m glad we have Cat on SYTYCD. The entertainment reality TV shows often have terrible hosts – the vapid E! network stereotypes. Cat’s such a breath of fresh air.

4. Ev July 13, 2010 at 20:15 #

I like the second look much better, but it’s probably all because I hate the color of DVF dress and that hair accessory.

5. Marvel July 13, 2010 at 20:37 #

BIgs thumbs down on both looks. Loads of my friends say they love her style but I have never really soon a good luck from her.
    I loved her when she was with Ant and Dec. I loved C.H.U.M.S

6. Mol July 13, 2010 at 20:41 #

I like both looks on Cat, I just don’t like the silly pose in the second one, which is what gives it that school girlish feeling. She is for sure the best reality host on TV – gorgeous and sweet too, a smashing combo.

7. LeeAnn July 13, 2010 at 22:43 #

I once saw her in Harvey Nics with Matthew Williams and thought that she was really pretty and natural. I like the first look but not the second because her figure is perfect and she doesn’t need strong tailoring to cover up evil bumps -leave that for Nigella

8. mochababe73 July 13, 2010 at 22:49 #

I like the way that she dresses on the show. Both dresses are cute. I don’t think that the second dress has a schoolgirl feeling. If it is, that’s the most fashionable school ever. LOL!

9. Fiona July 13, 2010 at 23:17 #

Definitely prefer the DVF look overall, I always identify her look with her hair all tumbling waves and long legs. The Vivienne Westwood is nice but I don’t like the styling with the dress, if she were wearing something more 30’s style or that beautiful white tuxedo she wore last seaon it would complement better. Still, I love Cat she is a breath of fresh air and I’m pleased she is doing so well in the States.

10. nichelleevette July 14, 2010 at 04:30 #

Between the 2….DVF is definitely better but the runway version looks better than the TV version. It seems most of the details were lost in the TV version. That plaid could be okay if accessoried better. Gold belt and shoes would have total rocked it out.

11. Z FASHION BLOG July 14, 2010 at 05:25 #

I love the Vivienne Westwood dress!

However I agree that she looks better in the Diane von Furstenberg one.