“Network” Screening – Eva Mendes In Azzaro

Eva Mendes hosted an screening of “Network” last night in West Hollywood.

If you’ve read Eva’s W magazine July 2010 interview and her Allure August 2010 interview she talks about how she doesn’t want to be seen as just “sexy” – yet she totally contradicts herself by looking sexy in her photoshoots.

When did being sexy start becoming such a bad thing?

This maybe the reason why she chose to wear this Azzaro Fall 2010 dress in an attempt to play down the sex kitten.

It’s still kinda sexy, but not in the body hugging, plunging neckline way we’re used to seeing from Eva.

I love the colour on her. The aqua snake print dress really pops and the pussybow neckline is adorable.

What’s not to love from this look?

But if Eva goes the way of Jessica Biel, I’ll be devastated.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

"So You Think You Can Dance" - Cat Deeley In Diane von Furstenberg & Vivienne Westwood Anglomania

“So You Think You Can Dance” – Cat Deeley In Diane von Furstenberg & Vivienne Westwood Anglomania

Who Wore Valentino Better? Zoe Saldana or Olivia Palermo

Who Wore Valentino Better? Zoe Saldana or Olivia Palermo

20 Responses to “Network” Screening – Eva Mendes In Azzaro

1. Grégory De Vos July 13, 2010 at 19:39 #

I can’t help myself from thinking of a certain Salma Hayek’s period when I saw this picture of Eva…
    Maybe, thanks to a lot of celebrities, sexy became tacky -> deep necklines, short dresses, tight clothes, …
    It’s sad because you can be sexy in different ways and you don’t have to become nuns just to prove us you’re over that…
    Even if the dress is ok, Eva showed us she can do so much better…
    Have a great evening, … :)

• Fashion Critic July 13, 2010 at 19:49 #

you’re right sexy doesn’t have to equal boring.

Let’s hope she doesn’t become as extreme as Salma or Jessica Biel.

Have a great evening x

2. Thaysa July 13, 2010 at 20:09 #

I loved this look! And i agree that to be sexy you don’t have to become nuns just to prove us you’re over that.

3. Z FASHION BLOG July 13, 2010 at 20:27 #

A very classic and chic look.
    Love it!

4. Marvel July 13, 2010 at 20:36 #

I think that Eva wants to be taken as a serious ‘actress’ hence the closed neckline and sophisticated look. Im 90% sure that in the next few weeks she’ll be dressed less protectively than we are used to see her.
    Plus, If I’m correct, Zoe Saldana has taken over her from the face of Calvin Klein underwear which adds fuel to the fire that she wants to be taken more seriously, which is interesting since she is not a great actress.

5. Kimi July 13, 2010 at 20:40 #

I think she just meant she really doesn’t want to be known for being sexy as being an actor. She doesn’t want to be just a pretty face and Eva is quite talented but a lot of people just see her and her bod and think ‘damn she’s hot.’ When personally she wants people to focus on her talent. She could be sexy and she probably does dress sexy when she feels like it but I think she doesn’t want to be actually known for sexy. But I guess it happens all the time though…and nothing can’t change it for now.

About the dress, yes, the color looks amazing on her. Classic and chic. :)

• Lulubelle July 14, 2010 at 09:20 #

Exactly!

6. nyc fashion July 13, 2010 at 20:44 #

Loved the color on her but it looks better on the model

7. anna July 13, 2010 at 21:25 #

Loved her look.
    it’s elegant and still sexy.

8. Sharon July 13, 2010 at 21:32 #

Man – my whole early 60s wardrobe is coming back, piece by piece. I had this one in the exact same color but with a straight skirt instead of pleats. Needless to say, I love it! The color is great on Eva, and the shoes are perfect.

9. Linda July 13, 2010 at 21:40 #

That’s one dowdy look.

10. chrystelle July 13, 2010 at 21:48 #

She sings the freaking same tune every time she is promoting a movie. and she ain’t that good of an actress. she should thank her lucky star that she is beautiful because it is the only reason why she is getting some roles.
    Jason Wu has something this similar in his Pre-fall collection.Actually hasn’t it been for you, i would have certainly thought so. She looks subtely sexy. i guess it was intentional.

11. Ev July 13, 2010 at 22:03 #

The neckline and the bow look like they’re choking her. The print is lovely, but the color of the dress seems too prom-ish for my liking. The runway version is way better.

12. mochababe73 July 13, 2010 at 22:47 #

Maybe she should stop taking flaky, sexy roles. I admit that I have never seen any of her movies. I have not clue if she can act or not. But for me, it appears that she takes on fluff roles. So, maybe some edgier roles are in order. Worked for Charlize Theron.
    To be honest, this outfit looks better on the model. On Eva, for some reason, it ages her. She looks frumpy.

13. LeeAnn July 13, 2010 at 22:48 #

I love this dress and think she looks terrific. FC- if you know can you let us know where to buy this?

14. Susan July 14, 2010 at 02:07 #

Eva Mendes…my favorite actress since the ghost rider was released.. :) I like her outfit..very coooool!!

15. nichelleevette July 14, 2010 at 04:27 #

if Eva is saying that she doesn’t want to be seen as JUST sexy it means that she can be sexy and smart and talented etc. I think Eva is awesome and very sexy.

16. Lana - RCFA Newbie July 14, 2010 at 17:12 #

Great color for her and she looks stunning compared to the model.

As for the sexiness, I get that Eva wants to be taken seriously as an actress but that doesn’t mean she has to stop dressing sexy – she needs to cut out blowing kisses and stuff like that on the red carpet – I never see a set of pictures of her without at least one where she’s pulling poses like that.

One last thing, what’s wrong with Jessica Biel?

• LeeAnn July 14, 2010 at 19:10 #

we mostly think that Jessica Biel is a snooze fest on the red carpet

17. Lisa July 16, 2010 at 08:21 #

I hate the neck tie thingy, but the color is great on her. She’s gorgeous.