Last night many gorgeous stars celebrated “Oceana” which was hosted by Louis Vuitton and Vanity Fair in LA.

The Louis Vuitton Spring 2010 collection was hard to love. Some of you have expressed your dislike for this collection on many occasions.

I’m sure you will agree that Kristen Bell picked one of the best pieces from the Spring 2010 collection to wear at this event.

She would’ve brighten up the room wearing a blue and white tie-dye Louis Vuitton Spring 2010 dress with mesh sleeves.

Every thing about her look was light and summery from her white clutch, to her slate grey heels.

January Jones opted for a Louis Vuitton Resort 2011 ensemble which included a black organza blouse paired with high-waisted pants.

I’m not surprised she picked this look as many of the other looks from this collection are very Betty Draper-esqe, and we all know how hard she tries to remind us she’s not Betty Draper.

I love both looks. Summery (Kristen) and sophisticated (January) and not a hint of try hard.

Credit: Style.com & Alex J. Berliner/BEI / Rex Features

On The Gossip Girl Set With Jessica Szohr In Nanette Lepore

On The Gossip Girl Set With Jessica Szohr In Nanette Lepore

The Late Show with David Letterman - Kyra Sedgwick In Antonio Berardi

The Late Show with David Letterman – Kyra Sedgwick In Antonio Berardi

12 Responses to Louis Vuitton and Vanity Fair Cocktail Party – Kristen Bell & January Jones In Louis Vuitton

1. Rach July 13, 2010 at 13:51 #

Kristen Bell, as ever, looks cute as a button – will she ever age?!

I’m not sure I agree that January Jones’ look is summery – IMHO, head-to-toe black is not really the first look that springs to mind for summer! I miss runway gloves and would be interested to see someone pair the very pretty top with a skirt for summer instead.

2. Marvel July 13, 2010 at 13:58 #

I ADORE Kristen’s look and the accesaries perfect it.
    While I do like the look on January I would have liked to have seen her in something less dark and more summery.

3. Ally July 13, 2010 at 15:14 #

Hmm…I was unaware there would be a foot amputation storyline on Mad Men this season.

• justme July 13, 2010 at 15:24 #

LOL ikr, long pants are long.
      I love Kristen’s look though. Love the grey shoes.

4. Amber July 13, 2010 at 15:35 #

I love Kristen’s look. perfect. Not loving the pants on January though.

5. mochababe73 July 13, 2010 at 17:38 #

I love Kristen’s look so I can get over the mesh sleeves.
    January’s look is too dark for the summer. She looks like she’s going to a very fashionable funeral. Can she not afford a tailor that could have hemmed the pants.

6. Elly July 13, 2010 at 19:30 #

January’s look is so elegant, remind me of when Katie Holmes stepped out in a white YSL suit and black shirt, much more interesting than Kristen Bell’s pretty but too cutesy dress.
    A little Katharine Hepburn :)

7. Z FASHION BLOG July 13, 2010 at 20:25 #

The S/S 2010 LV collection was indeed their worst collection EVER!
    Marc Jacob did a really bad job for both LV and his own brands in that season.

The dress she chose is OK but it’s nothing special.

And the one January Joneschose from the Resort collection is too lame.
    There were lots of nicer choices in that collection.

8. gossip_bangkok July 14, 2010 at 03:01 #

Love both of them. I think Kristen Bell’s dress is very refreshing while January’s is elegant.

9. S July 14, 2010 at 03:38 #

Point for KB.

10. nichelleevette July 14, 2010 at 04:39 #

kristen bell’s shoes are killer. january’s pants are not flattering on her shape. the top is nice. I dont like when pants are so long that they cover the shoes.

11. Sophia August 18, 2010 at 16:25 #

I like January’s look waaayyy better. I love this outift, it’s so elegant and fashionable.