Runway To Sidewalk – Sarah Jessica Parker In Stella McCartney

Whilst stepping out in New York this weekend Sarah Jessica Parker was greeted by two young fans on her way to a waiting car.

With her hair in a tight bun SJP wore a gorgeous Stella McCartney Spring 2010 floral print dress.

My first reaction was to really dislike this look, but once I put my finger on the two elements I disliked, I decided it wasn’t all bad.

Firstly I really dislike her Charlotte Olympia pumps.

I don’t mind the colour, but something less heavy would’ve been preferred for a light summery dress.

I also think she over accessorized.

The necklace, the earrings, the ring and the stack of bracelets are all too much.

I do however like the gold belt.

There’s no way SJP could’ve worn this dress without a belt. With her tiny frame her dress would’ve looked like a tent without it.

What surprised me about this look is how the dress isn’t dragging on the floor as SJP is only 5ft 4in.

Do you love or hate this look?

Credit: Style.com & Rex

Jaimie Alexander In IRO - Showtime 2014 Emmy Eve Soiree

Jaimie Alexander In IRO – Showtime 2014 Emmy Eve Soiree

New On Net-A-Porter.com Today

New On Net-A-Porter.com Today

26 Responses to Runway To Sidewalk – Sarah Jessica Parker In Stella McCartney

1. Ashley July 12, 2010 at 15:05 #

It’s definitely not a red carpet look but I love that SJP is wearing Charlotte Olympia’s new fall heels. I also love red & purple colors combined with each other.

• Fashion Critic July 12, 2010 at 15:10 #

thanks for the shoe id

2. Amelia July 12, 2010 at 15:08 #

hate it. it’s a gorgeous dress, but she ruins everything with the heavy pumps, the necklace and especially the golden belt. I agree that she had to wear the dress belted, but the golden belt doesn’t compliment it at all

3. TMCFS July 12, 2010 at 15:12 #

I don’t love or hate it, but totally agree with you! I guess a pair of flipflops would have looked better than those Louboutins… Love the fact that she wore it with a belt though.

4. S-tyle July 12, 2010 at 15:19 #

I agree with you FC for the shoes! Something less heavy would have work!

As for the over accessories, I really love that belt! I just wish she would have wear gold jewelries to go with the belt as it looks too mismached for my taste. But I do like the fact that she has numerous jewelry on her – it gives a boho vibe.

5. LeeAnn July 12, 2010 at 15:21 #

those shoes are so wrong words escape me. and the belt and the necklaces?? who was it that said when you get ready to leave take one thing off-I think SJP got muddled and put one thing back on

6. bettybrandenburg July 12, 2010 at 15:25 #

It’s all wrong. If you have to belt the dress, don’t wear it at all! a belt completely ruins it. The shoe choice is beyond the pale…

7. chryssa July 12, 2010 at 15:29 #

i like the dress and the gold belt but i totally agree with you ,she over accessorized and the shoes don’t match, very heavy imo.

8. Z Fashion Blog July 12, 2010 at 15:29 #

I like the dress, but totally agree with FC regarding the shoes and accessories.

She indeed over accessorized!
    And the result is that the look is very ‘heavy’.

I hope this is not an everyday look for her!
    Maybe she was going to some huge party or something…

9. Mol July 12, 2010 at 15:36 #

I adore that dress as it appeared OTR – SJP ruined it, which surprises me.

10. sara July 12, 2010 at 15:36 #

the belt is the same she used with the vivienne westwood for the satc premiere…awful outfit she seems a christmas tree…someone could say she makes the dress hers, but for me, she destroys the stella’s, the lightness, the woodstock touch…

11. justme July 12, 2010 at 15:37 #

I like the dress better without the belt and less OTT accessories. I mean, is she serious with that necklace?

12. Javier July 12, 2010 at 15:53 #

I don’t like it at all, there is something about this dress that I really dislike, she looks so old, then the shoes, so wrong!

13. Marvel July 12, 2010 at 16:00 #

I swear, its like you read my mind ;)

I agree on all points but would have preferred her hair to be loose

14. HM July 12, 2010 at 17:13 #

Meh, it’s SJP. She ALWAYS does things eclectically.

15. mochababe73 July 12, 2010 at 17:14 #

It could be nice with a little tweaking.
    She still needs to have the belt. But the bottom tier needs to be removed, and maybe it will seem a little lighter. Then Sarah Jessica should have on some sandals. It’s the summer time, and all of that jewelry just looks hot and heavy. Get rid of all of it.
    In all honesty, the dress has no shape or silhouette.

16. Mar July 12, 2010 at 18:53 #

I love both pieces (the dress and the shoes) but together are too much. And I also think she over accessorized the outfit. The dress would look better with a pair of sandals and without the belt.

17. k.b.s July 12, 2010 at 18:55 #

hate it. Pink christmas tree.

• mochababe73 July 12, 2010 at 20:19 #

I was literally rotflmao!

18. pipsqueak July 12, 2010 at 19:56 #

I don’t like this look – too busy and tacky. I agreed with your assessment. The tight bun also didn’t work for me. All in all, she looked like a crazy costume designer.

19. Jeremy July 12, 2010 at 19:57 #

I think it’s the right thing to belt the dress. The runway version looks like a beach dress, and yet I won’t be surprised if this costs more than $4k. Without the belt? The look doesn’t match the price.
    I agree with the rest. Toss the jewelry and heavy shoes. And that belt color is quite OTT too.

20. Niki July 12, 2010 at 21:03 #

Love this runway modell. She is Enikő Mihalik, my countrymate:D

21. Raquel July 13, 2010 at 00:36 #

I hate it. too much going on at the same time and it ages her and makes the look tacky.

22. Yerdeh July 13, 2010 at 10:45 #

AGREE 100% with the over accessorizing, the shoes and the pulled back hair. She makes this dress look matronly!

23. The Mixologist July 13, 2010 at 13:05 #

Love the dress, hate the styling. I find that I’m often in total agreement with you! Shoes too heavy, also don’t like the color. Gold belt is a little too 70s disco with the dress.

24. pinky October 8, 2010 at 21:00 #

perhaps she cut the lenght of the straps