Roma Fiction Fest 2010 Ceremony Awards – Claire Danes In Valentino Couture

Claire Danes attended the Roma Fiction Fest 2010 Ceremony Awards with her very supportive husband Hugh Dancy.

She not only looked very pretty on the red carpet, but she also won the Best Actress Award for her role in the movie “Temple Grandin”.

I’m loving the new Claire Danes on the red carpet.

She’s not afraid to take risks and has finally shaken off that “safe” tag that’s been following her to every event.

I’m not sure 6 months ago we would’ve seen Claire walking the red carpet wearing this body-conscious Valentino Spring 2010 Couture dress.

It’s daring, sexy and edgy.

Despite saying all that, Claire’s not really selling this dress to me as she lacks attitude.

Had this been Blake Lively I think would be passed out on the floor, as she would’ve worked the hell out of it.

Attitude side I think the thing bothering me the most is that sleeve.

It’s overly fussy, in the way and not really necessary.  Had I been there I may have been tempted to yank it off.

Are you liking this effort or is Claire trying too hard?

Credit: Style.com & INFPhoto

Yvonne Strahovski In Emanuel Ungaro - '24: Live Another Day'

Yvonne Strahovski In Emanuel Ungaro – ’24: Live Another Day’

Louis Vuitton and Vanity Fair Cocktail Party - Kristen Bell & January Jones In Louis Vuitton

Louis Vuitton and Vanity Fair Cocktail Party – Kristen Bell & January Jones In Louis Vuitton

31 Responses to Roma Fiction Fest 2010 Ceremony Awards – Claire Danes In Valentino Couture

1. S-tyle July 12, 2010 at 19:28 #

I do think she has the look to pull of that kind of dress – the lack of attitude doesn’t bother me at all as this kind of dress has a sweet side IMO.

But that left sleeve is really disturbing. Without it, the look would be a knock off!

2. Vera July 12, 2010 at 19:30 #

I don’t think any dress she has worn recently suits her.

She has no character, I’m sorry.

3. mm July 12, 2010 at 19:35 #

I do believe she is trying hard to step up her swagger at these events. I think she is makeing great choices. I agree that sleeve needs some modifications, where is her hand?

4. LeeAnn July 12, 2010 at 19:36 #

hideous dress-looks like a cross between the mummy and Jeremy Clarkson’s antics last night when he put tape stripes down his legs

5. wilwarin July 12, 2010 at 19:38 #

welll i like the dress but these colours don’t work for claire… and i wish she styled her hair differently… this way we have look without soul.

6. Jeremy July 12, 2010 at 19:49 #

Sorry guys but she looks like a H-O-T mess. Sorry. That baggy sleeve irks me the whole time.

7. Naomi July 12, 2010 at 19:52 #

Would have been an awesome look without the weird sleeve!

8. LizLemooooon July 12, 2010 at 19:52 #

Eh. I don’t think Lively could have pulled it off either they are both very blah identikit looking women. Leighton Meester could have rocked it maybe because it would have stood out against her dark hair or someone like Rihanna might have pulled it off but no to same-y looking blonde girls in pale colours for me!

• mimi July 13, 2010 at 01:43 #

i too thought that blake couldn’t pulled it off!

9. Ally July 12, 2010 at 20:02 #

I was like 12-13 when My-So-Called-Life and Romeo and Juliet came out. She seemed like the epitime of cool then, but I feel like now a little of her old sparkle is gone. She always looks good but the “it” factor is just not there. Perhaps she needs the Angela red hair back.

• mm July 12, 2010 at 20:18 #

Oooh i forgot the character Angela had red hair. I think that color and the length would be nice to see again on Claire.

10. Kimi July 12, 2010 at 20:12 #

I think she would have looked gorgeous without the sleeve. It feels like the sleeve is just dragging her down. But I do love the color, so pretty in pink!

11. mochababe73 July 12, 2010 at 20:17 #

It’s not Claire. It’s that ugly dress that she has on. I guess because I like clean styles that, for me, this dress has waaaay too much going on. There’s nowhere for the eyes to rest because the garment is so busy. Removing that sleeve would be the first step towards fixing that problem.

• Sharon July 12, 2010 at 23:46 #

I agree – it is a bothersome dress. Not only is the sleeve distracting, but I keep thinking there’s going to be a bag at the end of that green stripe. Pretty colors, though.

12. Mol July 12, 2010 at 20:35 #

That dress is trying too hard, and so I guess Claire is too by virtue of wearing it. It’s just a badly designed thing IMO and I don’t think anyone could have ‘rocked’ it without some serious modifications.

I have liked Claire’s other choices recently and I also like her as an actress – I’m dying to see her as Temple Grandin as I have a high functioning autistic son like Temple. I heard she did a great job in that role.

• mm July 12, 2010 at 20:54 #

It was an awesome movie, i believe it was nominated for an emmy. This is one of her best roles. The movie might be on you tube by now.

• Mol July 12, 2010 at 23:05 #

I will definitely be getting it from one place or another – I met Temple at a conference once, she is quite the amazing person and I loved listening to her.

13. Z FASHION BLOG July 12, 2010 at 20:36 #

The dress is indeed ‘daring, sexy and edgy’, but it’s also ugly and looks terrible on her!

14. Liz July 12, 2010 at 20:53 #

Love the dress on her, but I hate the shoes and she needs to change up the hair.

15. Denise July 12, 2010 at 21:00 #

I disagree with you, I think Blake would have been the one to try too hard. I think Claire looks gorgeous in it, even if the sleeve looks kinda funny.

16. Jane July 12, 2010 at 21:23 #

It’s an amazing dress, but Claire Danes just doesn’t do it for me. I don’t think of her as being particularly stylish or having a recognisable personal style. Recently, all I’ve been seeing is ~middle of the road Claire Danes who, yes, looks good in the dresses she wears but doesn’t make them shine or pop or whatever else. I’m just disappointed that she’s had the pleasure of wearing Valentino couture twice now and has managed to make both dresses look weak.

• Jane July 12, 2010 at 21:27 #

P.S Wasn’t she some sort of unofficial poster girl for Burberry Prorsum for a while there? I actually really liked seeing her in those clothes now that I think of it.

17. Amelia July 12, 2010 at 21:26 #

my problem is not Claire – it’s the dress itself, which I find quite horrid. I’m loving her new approach on the red carpet; I liked ‘safe Claire’ and I’m loving the new one, she doesn’t look like she’s trying too hard, never, IMO she’s one of those woman who can wear anything and look natural, and she has a greaaat body! and with all due respect, I think she wears anything better than Blake Lively, who ALWAYS looks like she’s trying too hard

18. Marvel July 12, 2010 at 22:47 #

I absolutely love this look. The sleeve is a bit much but she has had a flawless week and long may it continue.

I would have liked to have seen Blake in this but people would complain she is showing too much boobs/legs *rolls eyes*

19. Ben July 13, 2010 at 00:22 #

I’m really enjoying this look, and the others she has presented us to recently. Firstly because I adore seeing couture worn to places where I can actually get to see it. Also because when I saw the Valentino show (photographs!) I had no idea how it was going to work on anyone, so to see it looking excellent on someone I wouldn’t normally associate with, in this case, a tricky sleeve, or as before, neon yellow and taupe, it helps to see the creations with new eyes.
    I also think she has made it work for her with the styling.

20. gossip_bangkok July 13, 2010 at 02:42 #

I think the dress looks better on the model than Claire Danes, sorry.
    I think the sleeve looks wear on her.

21. KateS July 13, 2010 at 05:02 #

she’s not selling it, but it’s not a great dress, either. I hate the breaks in the green stripe.

22. Maddie July 13, 2010 at 08:28 #

The problem with Claire’s look is the way she’s holding her sleeve. It looked so much better on the model when she held her sleeve back.

23. The Beauty Philosopher July 13, 2010 at 10:36 #

I wonder if that is just her pose? Ie the arm is hanging so straight and still, I think that sleeve would have looked better is she was holding herself better. She does not always seem to know how to stand for a camera or on the red carpet. The dress – and those colours – are knock out on her.

24. Katie July 13, 2010 at 12:56 #

Eek ,i don’t think the dress is great for once though Valentino is the designer, but the colour does nothing for Claire regardless

25. Emi July 13, 2010 at 16:49 #

I like the “new” Claire Danes, I think this dress is cute but maybe is because of this picture she seems to have a wooden arm… But I really like her styel, she’s classy so she can afford to take “risks”.