LaLa Vasquez & Carmelo Anthony’s Wedding – Ciara In Versace

Ciara was one of of the many celebrity guests to arrive at New York’s Cipriani restaurant for the wedding of former MTV VJ LaLa Vasquez and her basketball beau Carmelo Anthony.

They say never wear white to a wedding to upstage the bride, but that should also extend to ultra mini dresses.

Ciara has a thing for Versace Spring 2010 mini dresses as we first saw her wearing one to the Us Weekly Hot Hollywood Style Issue Event earlier this year.

The singer’s pink printed Versace Spring 2010 asymmetrical mini was paired with platform heels from the same collection.

I would be too self conscious to wear this dress period let alone at a wedding, so I’ve got to respect Ciara for daring wear this mini in the first instance.

Under normal circumstances I would say this is no quite appropriate for a wedding, but with likes of Kim Kardashian arriving in a gold Herve Leger dress I would say their were no rules at this wedding.

Credit: Style.com

Lady Gaga In Versace - 2013 American Music Awards

Lady Gaga In Versace – 2013 American Music Awards

Runway To Sidewalk - Sarah Jessica Parker In Stella McCartney

Runway To Sidewalk – Sarah Jessica Parker In Stella McCartney

25 Responses to LaLa Vasquez & Carmelo Anthony’s Wedding – Ciara In Versace

1. Marvel July 12, 2010 at 13:22 #

How on earth would she sit in that dress. I’d be worried about pulling a ‘Britney’ if my dress was that short.

2. Dorian Gray July 12, 2010 at 13:27 #

Maybe a wedding isn’t the best event for this dress but, HEY, it’s AMAZING! Thanks for posting FC, you know how much I like Versace SS01!

3. justme July 12, 2010 at 14:08 #

So tacky I don’t even know where to start.

• HM July 12, 2010 at 17:14 #

You read my mind exactly!

4. Ally July 12, 2010 at 14:17 #

So many things wrong with this dress. It isn’t event appropriate, it is way too short and the I dont’ know that I have seen a dress with a worse fit. Oy.

• Mol July 12, 2010 at 15:32 #

Agree, terrible fit!

5. Laveena July 12, 2010 at 14:19 #

I agree, she looks nice, but not appropriate for a wedding.

6. Christy July 12, 2010 at 14:33 #

OMG, if anyone had shown up to my wedding in a dress even slightly as short as that I would have been horrified! Sure it’s an ex MTV host’s wedding, but IMO it just looks disrespectful …

7. Z Fashion Blog July 12, 2010 at 15:23 #

Love the polka dots shoes!
    Versace did more of these cute shoes for the Cruise 2011 collections too!

8. michelle July 12, 2010 at 15:28 #

she looks great but, it is is awfully tacky to wear this to a wedding, what would the priest say? i could care less about kim k because she is the queen tackytatsic. but i would have thought ciara would have been different * kanyeshrug* . i have to say i wasnt in love with lala’s wedding dress

9. robbie July 12, 2010 at 15:30 #

hooker chic just got worse.

10. mm July 12, 2010 at 15:33 #

She looks great, but this is not dress to wear to a wedding. She was trying to find her a baller for real

11. sara July 12, 2010 at 15:48 #

horrible!!!!!!!the dress is so inappropriate….neither i like the pumps…her legs are too muscular for this look.

12. olivia July 12, 2010 at 17:04 #

the shoes make the outfit

13. Carla July 12, 2010 at 17:10 #

That dress is so tacky! Ciara has a stylist. Whoever is working for her should be fired!

14. mochababe73 July 12, 2010 at 17:25 #

I like the dress, but did she realize that the wedding wasn’t actually at MTV?
    I don’t care what kidn of wedding it is or whose it is, that dress is INAPPROPRIATE. If I were the bride and saw this, she would have been asked to leave.

15. Jeremy July 12, 2010 at 20:03 #

I know exactly what Ciara did to this dress: she think it’s not short enough so she pull up till it couldn’t be shorter, and there we have the baggages. She makes Versace tackier than ever.

• Si July 13, 2010 at 03:43 #

I agree! The worst part of it is that she is going to a wedding and she clearly shortened this mini dress!

16. honeybee July 13, 2010 at 00:36 #

I love the look. I love her daring to buck the norm and wear a print. And considering the NYC heat wave, the mini was very appropriate.

17. Raquel July 13, 2010 at 00:38 #

Tacky. I’m afraid to check what everybody else was wearing. A wedding, really?

18. Sharon July 13, 2010 at 01:15 #

I can’t think of one nice thing to say about the way Ciara looks, so . . ..

FC, I love your choices this week, especially the Jimmy Choo boots. If only! BTW, do you have any idea why Jason Wu calls it a “hostess” jacket? It looks more like a safari jacket to me.

• Fashion Critic July 13, 2010 at 05:50 #

It does look more like a safari jacket I agree

19. StylistHunter July 14, 2010 at 23:39 #

Its been a while since I commented here, but the entire Lala/Carmelo wedding was a disater from the beginning. I kind of saw time over time what everyone was wearing thru out her parties and celebrations. Awful. How about having the everyone looked so far off on the styles while on the yacht for their party. Then the wedding;
    Ciara- is this a club really? Out of all the dresses in Versace, you wear that one.
    Kim K- too tight or small. it flattened her breasts and bluged in the back.. but she looked her usual self, glam and boring.
    Serena- ulgy dress and wtf with those bandaids…liquid bandage, anyone??
    Kim’s friend Brittany- Are you at a french quater fest?? two days in a row.
    The Bride LaLa- $99 David’s Bridal??? I worked there before so I can comment on wedding dresses!
    I’m glad RCFA didn’t post more pics, it was terrible.

• Fashion Critic July 15, 2010 at 06:18 #

It was really bad

They all had no shame and were only interested in promoting themselves

20. StylistHunter July 14, 2010 at 23:40 #

BTW I’m under another name, I decided to switch up today!