Valentino Garavani Archives Dinner Party – Olivia Palermo In Valentino

Olivia Palermo has been keeping the photo bloggers very busy snapping her impeccable street style during fashion week.

She’s also been dressing up for the red carpet.

This week she attended the “Valentino Garavani Archives Dinner Party” in Paris.

She opted to wear a black and white water print Valentino Spring 2010 gown.

My first reaction was that the gown was too big volume-wise, but that could just be because there is so much of the dress in the forefront of this picture.

As usual Olivia never lets us down with the accessories, teaming her dress with a bright red floral clutch.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Valentino Garavani Archives Dinner Party - Jessica Alba In Valentino

Valentino Garavani Archives Dinner Party – Jessica Alba In Valentino

Basil Soda Fall 2010 Couture

Basil Soda Fall 2010 Couture

24 Responses to Valentino Garavani Archives Dinner Party – Olivia Palermo In Valentino

1. kim July 10, 2010 at 07:33 #

valentino made a fantastic beautiful collection this season, i am really surprised. Can you imagine VB in this dress….oh lord my heart would jump with joy….

2. Marvel July 10, 2010 at 00:45 #

I do agree that my comment was phrased rather badly.
    I simply meant that Valentino is losing that ‘spark’ that made the designs great. If Olivia bought the dress, fair enough, but if she was loaned the dress that for me, that lowers down my expectation of Valentino. Jackie O was a classy icon and to me, socialites = the paris hilton’s of the world.

Overall, I mean to say that I personally dont like how Valentino is lending out clothes to socialites who are only being famous. To me Olivia is the same as Paris but without a sex tape

3. Hannah July 11, 2010 at 01:25 #

Hey really sorry for the crappy typing, I type too fast for my own good. There are extra letters and everything. What I mean is that the end of the dress (the train if you like) has gone in front of her, as in all the material is at the front, as opposed to going into a train at the back (it almost looks backwards,as if there is a train at the front). I really cantexplain it, but due to the model (Toni Garrn) walking, the materialis behind her, in a fluid motion, and on olivia it isnt. Really hard to explain, I hope this is better, sorry for confusing you in the frst place :)x

4. Hannah July 11, 2010 at 01:37 #

I agree with Marvel to a certain agree, especially as this is a couture brand (I am aware it is not the couture line), and this dress is unlikely to be for sale for anyone (I’m sorry if I am incorrect about that). I too feel valentino has lost it’s edge and sparkle, and I am pleased about thenew and future happenings with couture at givenchy, it is that made exclusivity . which made couture, and couture brands, of which include Valentino (again,despite this not being a couture dress). This also explains the point of Jackie O (RIP, died 4 days after I was born), as she was more than a socialite, and she wasallowed to the exclusivity and socialites had then. Fine, socialite may be a (too) broad term nowadays, but Ultimately, so is fashion, itis no longer as aspirational as it used to be, and this is a clear example. If Olivia Palermo has half as much impact and importance to the fasion world (as well as the social world) as Jackie O did, then I would understand the loaning of this Valentino dress, and even her palce at this fashion week. Unfortunately I don’t and I have to agree with Marvel. And yes, it is far too big for her.
    (sorry for that rant, I will look back on it ashamed, and this was not meant as a jab or insult to Olivia, just as a reaffirmation that she and JackieOare notofthesame kind, by any means, as far as I am concerned)

5. LeeAnn July 12, 2010 at 20:02 #

she is not a socialite in the true definition of the word-she is a reality TV star with money-that is not a socialite.

6. Marvel July 12, 2010 at 22:46 #

Blame wikipedia not me ;)